Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Bad Movie Thread: Really, Really Bad
1 2 ... 130 131 132 133 134 ... 149 150
@NotJosephStalin

OH MY GOD I REMEMBER THAT MOVIE!! And because I was a pretty stupid child I actually liked it a lot!

I barely remember it though so I bet it's trash
@NotJosephStalin

OH MY GOD I REMEMBER THAT MOVIE!! And because I was a pretty stupid child I actually liked it a lot!

I barely remember it though so I bet it's trash
Blue_Rose.pngunknown.pngPale_Pink_Rose.png
Eragon

Oh goodness do I have a thing or two to say about Eragon

Remember when you were younger and you were super hyped up for adaptations of books you loved into movies, only to see them made into some horrible awful film?
That's what the Eragon movie is to me.
Character design was.... just okay. Personal nitpick goes to the Ra'Zac who are supposed to be a free-standing race of bird-like monsters, NOT summonable mummies.
Setting design STUNK. If you've ever read the third book in the Inheritance Cycle you will understand EXACTLY why I say this.
Eragon

Oh goodness do I have a thing or two to say about Eragon

Remember when you were younger and you were super hyped up for adaptations of books you loved into movies, only to see them made into some horrible awful film?
That's what the Eragon movie is to me.
Character design was.... just okay. Personal nitpick goes to the Ra'Zac who are supposed to be a free-standing race of bird-like monsters, NOT summonable mummies.
Setting design STUNK. If you've ever read the third book in the Inheritance Cycle you will understand EXACTLY why I say this.
AvatarofAkatosh-cropped.png I tried to make an aesthetic signature but it broke :(
@TwilitBard - Man, I feel you. I didn't like the Eragon books and never made it past the second chapter of Eldest, but that film made me feel so bad for anyone who was actually a fan. I got so bored watching that movie.

I do agree with what Nostalgia Critic said in his review too, it would have been better if they'd kept Saphira silent in the movie. I know she talks in the books but at least there she says things that aren't redundant.

Moving on from that.
In a similar vein to Eragon, the Tomorrow When The War Began movie (if anyone even remembers that) was a huge disappointment. I mean it was mostly loyal to the book and all, but it was just sooo boring. The actors weren't very good either which didn't help.
@TwilitBard - Man, I feel you. I didn't like the Eragon books and never made it past the second chapter of Eldest, but that film made me feel so bad for anyone who was actually a fan. I got so bored watching that movie.

I do agree with what Nostalgia Critic said in his review too, it would have been better if they'd kept Saphira silent in the movie. I know she talks in the books but at least there she says things that aren't redundant.

Moving on from that.
In a similar vein to Eragon, the Tomorrow When The War Began movie (if anyone even remembers that) was a huge disappointment. I mean it was mostly loyal to the book and all, but it was just sooo boring. The actors weren't very good either which didn't help.
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
- The good dinosaur
- Cars
- The Lion King 2
- Star Wars the Last Jedi (surprise!)
- The Emoji movie to some degree + Sausage party

IMHO the Good Dinosaur had AMAZING scenery, but the story just.. I don't know. It didn't make sense to me. It's obviously a kids' movie, so, yeah, understandable I didn't really like it at the age of 16-17..

Cars was just.. I don't know. The concept is so.. So.. Dumb to me? Same for planes. Brings me to the Emoji Movie and Sausage Party as well, because honestly the topicg the movies were about were so.. Irrelevant. Last two movies were so stupid it was a blast to make fun of them though :'D

I used to love TLK2 as a kid, but rewatching it made me want to die on the inside. 30 minutes felt like 2 hours on this one, so I couldn't even finish rewatching it. Story moved too slowly and it felt like there were so many irrelevant things going on.

AND THEN STAR WARS... Boy. I'm one of those people that only regard the original trilogy and the prequel as the best stuff. I don't think the newest episodes link too much to the original trilogy, as the prequel did. It feels like old loveable characters are so goddamn irrelevant and thrown away now, especially with *spoiler* Han's death in ep. 7... And then you have that goddamn Leia scene in ep. 8 which did NOT make any sense to me whatsoever. The new eps just feel out of touch to me honestly, and with the latest episode I don't really have high hopes for ep. 9 sadly

what a rant, damn
- The good dinosaur
- Cars
- The Lion King 2
- Star Wars the Last Jedi (surprise!)
- The Emoji movie to some degree + Sausage party

IMHO the Good Dinosaur had AMAZING scenery, but the story just.. I don't know. It didn't make sense to me. It's obviously a kids' movie, so, yeah, understandable I didn't really like it at the age of 16-17..

Cars was just.. I don't know. The concept is so.. So.. Dumb to me? Same for planes. Brings me to the Emoji Movie and Sausage Party as well, because honestly the topicg the movies were about were so.. Irrelevant. Last two movies were so stupid it was a blast to make fun of them though :'D

I used to love TLK2 as a kid, but rewatching it made me want to die on the inside. 30 minutes felt like 2 hours on this one, so I couldn't even finish rewatching it. Story moved too slowly and it felt like there were so many irrelevant things going on.

AND THEN STAR WARS... Boy. I'm one of those people that only regard the original trilogy and the prequel as the best stuff. I don't think the newest episodes link too much to the original trilogy, as the prequel did. It feels like old loveable characters are so goddamn irrelevant and thrown away now, especially with *spoiler* Han's death in ep. 7... And then you have that goddamn Leia scene in ep. 8 which did NOT make any sense to me whatsoever. The new eps just feel out of touch to me honestly, and with the latest episode I don't really have high hopes for ep. 9 sadly

what a rant, damn
ezgif_1_4788fbd097_by_syrinq-dcenk51.gifpeepers_by_syrinq-dcenjwy.gif
What about Kung Pow
What about Kung Pow
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
Doom (movie, not the video game, but the movie is based on the game)
The gods of Egypt
The Eragon movie, similar to what TwilitBard said
Both Percy Jackson movies are brought down by what brought down the Eragon movie

According to all known laws
of aviation,

there is no way a bee
should be able to fly.

Its wings are too small to get
its fat little body off the ground.

The bee, of course, flies anyway

because bees don't care
what humans think is impossible.
Doom (movie, not the video game, but the movie is based on the game)
The gods of Egypt
The Eragon movie, similar to what TwilitBard said
Both Percy Jackson movies are brought down by what brought down the Eragon movie

According to all known laws
of aviation,

there is no way a bee
should be able to fly.

Its wings are too small to get
its fat little body off the ground.

The bee, of course, flies anyway

because bees don't care
what humans think is impossible.
FR +3, they/them :)
I watched the Woody the Woodpecker movie recently. It felt as if the director just gave up on it. There was hardly a story. Also, what the heck? Can the people understand the darn bord or not?

Oh and Woody almost murders several people in “comical” ways yet they try to have him as the hero.
I watched the Woody the Woodpecker movie recently. It felt as if the director just gave up on it. There was hardly a story. Also, what the heck? Can the people understand the darn bord or not?

Oh and Woody almost murders several people in “comical” ways yet they try to have him as the hero.
Just your friendly plague rat.
a945e36bbf865c76ae030173a3adb985-dbr8eko.gif
Honestly it takes a lot for me to dislike a movie, but I have seen ones I genuinely despised.

1# The Percy Jackson movies. I did not heed my friends warnings and thought, 'hey, it can't be that bad.' I WAS WRO N G.
2# Eragon. I've read books one and two, and I gotta say... The movie was awful. I watch the movie first before I read the book, and had to force myself to read the book. The book was good, movie...not so much.
3# Fluke. I don't really remember what it was about, but this dog is reincarnated and something happens and it's sad and yes nah.
4# UGH. 60 Minutes in Heaven. I'm a Christian, but good gosh the whole movie was nothing but crying and this dude not being able to recover, suffering in a hospital, more crying, marriages falling apart.. eh. Overall depressing. And the acting? Rubbish.
5# Avengers: Age of Ultron. I actually have a poster for this movie behind me, but overall, I disliked this movie. Ultron was so annoying and such a bland villian.
6# INSIDE OUT. Let me tell you, I cried the whole dang movie. It was too much, and not at all enjoyable. Happy kids film. Oh honey no. It hit a little too close to home in a very bad time of my life, but honestly I felt real pain watching this film. Idk man, I did though.

Honestly it takes a lot for me to dislike a movie, but I have seen ones I genuinely despised.

1# The Percy Jackson movies. I did not heed my friends warnings and thought, 'hey, it can't be that bad.' I WAS WRO N G.
2# Eragon. I've read books one and two, and I gotta say... The movie was awful. I watch the movie first before I read the book, and had to force myself to read the book. The book was good, movie...not so much.
3# Fluke. I don't really remember what it was about, but this dog is reincarnated and something happens and it's sad and yes nah.
4# UGH. 60 Minutes in Heaven. I'm a Christian, but good gosh the whole movie was nothing but crying and this dude not being able to recover, suffering in a hospital, more crying, marriages falling apart.. eh. Overall depressing. And the acting? Rubbish.
5# Avengers: Age of Ultron. I actually have a poster for this movie behind me, but overall, I disliked this movie. Ultron was so annoying and such a bland villian.
6# INSIDE OUT. Let me tell you, I cried the whole dang movie. It was too much, and not at all enjoyable. Happy kids film. Oh honey no. It hit a little too close to home in a very bad time of my life, but honestly I felt real pain watching this film. Idk man, I did though.

Frankenstein3.jpg
The Emoji Movie

Does this even need a description?
The Emoji Movie

Does this even need a description?
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
Leo the Lion
Joshua and the Promised Land

You don't understand.
Leo the Lion
Joshua and the Promised Land

You don't understand.
1 2 ... 130 131 132 133 134 ... 149 150