Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Books With Dragons In: List 'em!
1 2 3 4 5 6
I'd like to recommend Tamora Pierce's Immortals quartet. All of her series are good, but this one has the most dragons in it.
I'd like to recommend Tamora Pierce's Immortals quartet. All of her series are good, but this one has the most dragons in it.
TEN MORE AND WE HAVE FIFTY GUYS
TEN MORE AND WE HAVE FIFTY GUYS
xxx. THRICE AS NICE .xxx
triple color tg hatchery - several colors available!
-A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan
This book is freaking amazing. If Charles Darwin and Jane Austen had a baby, and that baby lived in a universe with dragons, that baby would write this book. It's so good, though I can understand how some might not like it if they hate that Jane Austen-esk style (19th century woman's diary).

-Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
A world where dragons and humans are negotiating an uneasy peace, dragon racism is rampant, and human-dragon hybrids are thought too disgusting to even exist. Some people find it slow, but as I ADORE world building, I quite enjoyed the universe the author built.

Edit: Forgot to ping @VeniVeciVetinari
-A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan
This book is freaking amazing. If Charles Darwin and Jane Austen had a baby, and that baby lived in a universe with dragons, that baby would write this book. It's so good, though I can understand how some might not like it if they hate that Jane Austen-esk style (19th century woman's diary).

-Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
A world where dragons and humans are negotiating an uneasy peace, dragon racism is rampant, and human-dragon hybrids are thought too disgusting to even exist. Some people find it slow, but as I ADORE world building, I quite enjoyed the universe the author built.

Edit: Forgot to ping @VeniVeciVetinari
9.pngI will see my dream come alive at last. I will touch the sky.9.png
@Chippish XD Most people haven't been pinging. I've just been checking once or twice a day .. thank you! :3 I haven't read either of those. T_T My wishlist is expanding so very much .. it's wonderful.
@Chippish XD Most people haven't been pinging. I've just been checking once or twice a day .. thank you! :3 I haven't read either of those. T_T My wishlist is expanding so very much .. it's wonderful.
xxx. THRICE AS NICE .xxx
@VeniVeciVetinari

I highly recommend Eon and Eona by Alison Goodman! They are about a girl who has to pretend to be male in order to be a candidate to become a Dragoneye, someone who can utilize the powers of a dragon of good fortune (the zodiac). Awesomeness ensues.
@VeniVeciVetinari

I highly recommend Eon and Eona by Alison Goodman! They are about a girl who has to pretend to be male in order to be a candidate to become a Dragoneye, someone who can utilize the powers of a dragon of good fortune (the zodiac). Awesomeness ensues.
they scream - restore hoardsold items.
- maki's festival guide & event calendar.
- uncheck "hoard... while scrolling" to unsticky your hoard.
- buying an apparel slot for a dragon unlocks it for all of your dragons.
- abby art by cheitora!
Has anyone mentioned The Darkest Age trilogy yet?

It's got dragons AND Loki. What more could you want? :D

EDIT: I went to look at my bookshelf and remembered more. MANY more.

Earthsea has dragons in, in a big way. Surprised nobody's mentioned that yet.

There's the Dragonlord series by Joanne Bertin

The dragon chronicles - I've never read this/these, but I own a jigsaw book of it?

Dragon art - no stories but lots of pretty pictures!

Various dragons in various harry potter books

There are dragons in narnia too.

I'm fairly sure there are various dragons in various Diana Wynne Jones books

This one's poems.

and finally there's This little lot
Has anyone mentioned The Darkest Age trilogy yet?

It's got dragons AND Loki. What more could you want? :D

EDIT: I went to look at my bookshelf and remembered more. MANY more.

Earthsea has dragons in, in a big way. Surprised nobody's mentioned that yet.

There's the Dragonlord series by Joanne Bertin

The dragon chronicles - I've never read this/these, but I own a jigsaw book of it?

Dragon art - no stories but lots of pretty pictures!

Various dragons in various harry potter books

There are dragons in narnia too.

I'm fairly sure there are various dragons in various Diana Wynne Jones books

This one's poems.

and finally there's This little lot
THE EYE HOARDER OF SORNIETH.

Flatfin Enjoyer
@VeniVeciVetinari I saw that The Hobbit's been mentioned already, but after skimming the posts it looked like there was nothing else from Tolkien. There's several more really amazing dragons present in his lore, particularly in The Silmarillion . It's a more classic, Norse take ( gold hoarders, not v nice, present in a lot of the battle sequences) than a lot of what's mentioned here, and can be tough to read on the first go, but I really think it's worth it.
@VeniVeciVetinari I saw that The Hobbit's been mentioned already, but after skimming the posts it looked like there was nothing else from Tolkien. There's several more really amazing dragons present in his lore, particularly in The Silmarillion . It's a more classic, Norse take ( gold hoarders, not v nice, present in a lot of the battle sequences) than a lot of what's mentioned here, and can be tough to read on the first go, but I really think it's worth it.
@cowardlylion Point taken -- in that case, since you seem to have read them, are they all in the same setting? Could I list it simply AS that setting, as I've listed others? If so, what would I call it? Middleearth? Sorry if these are kind of dumb questions, I've really only read a few of the books and it's probably been ten years since I did.
@cowardlylion Point taken -- in that case, since you seem to have read them, are they all in the same setting? Could I list it simply AS that setting, as I've listed others? If so, what would I call it? Middleearth? Sorry if these are kind of dumb questions, I've really only read a few of the books and it's probably been ten years since I did.
xxx. THRICE AS NICE .xxx
I remember enjoying the Dragons In Our Midst series forever ago. It is a heavily Christian influenced book, but even agnostic me liked it :)
I remember enjoying the Dragons In Our Midst series forever ago. It is a heavily Christian influenced book, but even agnostic me liked it :)
@VeniVeciVetinari yeah, they're all in the same setting, which is usually called Middle-earth or Arda. You can also refer to any works pertaining to the mythos as "legendarium" or "Tolkien's legendarium", if that helps at all! And no they're not really dumb questions, don't worry omg.
@VeniVeciVetinari yeah, they're all in the same setting, which is usually called Middle-earth or Arda. You can also refer to any works pertaining to the mythos as "legendarium" or "Tolkien's legendarium", if that helps at all! And no they're not really dumb questions, don't worry omg.
1 2 3 4 5 6