Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Borderlands
1 2
Anyone out there in the Borderlands fandom? Both one and two? Favorite gun/s? Anyone want to talk about their ships and junk? ... or just regular talk about it... If you said yes to one or more of these questions, then you've found the right person! HELLO I LOVE BORDERLANDS AND YOU SHOULD TALK WITH ME ABOUT IT!
Anyone out there in the Borderlands fandom? Both one and two? Favorite gun/s? Anyone want to talk about their ships and junk? ... or just regular talk about it... If you said yes to one or more of these questions, then you've found the right person! HELLO I LOVE BORDERLANDS AND YOU SHOULD TALK WITH ME ABOUT IT!
@pongypow
I really need to play Borderlands 2 more, I got most of the content DLC and yet I haven't touched the Tiny Tina DLC at all. Though that's mainly because I'm playing on Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, but I recently stopped, I guess because I don't have any real friends to play with. I mean I had a friend and I was playing for a good while but then I just kinda stopped logging in again and I don't know why... oh wait now I remember, and this is going to sound weird, but that was when a F2P weekend happened and for some reason even though none of the "noobs" (not that I even care about them being a noob. I don't mind if someone isn't that good at the game, as long as you don't freaking just take everything and only care about yourself.) would've even came into one of my games because I was playing on UVHM. I just for some reason found that making me not want to play it, no clue why.

I guess another reason I don't find myself playing much is because I play a Support based Maya (Slaggin' and healin')... and I play solo for the most part, but that isn't it. I actually find I don't play in online random matches because there is so much pressure on me, especially on UVHM where people will usually be dropping like flies, and if I screw up and miss or something then, almost always, someone pays with their life... or I suppose money and time in actuality because they will just respawn a bit later. No one has gotten angry for my screw up though, the only person to have gotten angry for screwing up... is myself. I get angry with myself when I let someone die and I keep myself from playing the game because I don't want to get angry with myself again. I would probably be better with friends because I know them irl and I could just kinda joke about it. But I find with random people I get angry at myself if I mess up.

TL;DR I want to play Borderlands 2 more but I won't let myself because I got no friends to play with and I beat myself up when I let someone die on random matches.
@pongypow
I really need to play Borderlands 2 more, I got most of the content DLC and yet I haven't touched the Tiny Tina DLC at all. Though that's mainly because I'm playing on Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, but I recently stopped, I guess because I don't have any real friends to play with. I mean I had a friend and I was playing for a good while but then I just kinda stopped logging in again and I don't know why... oh wait now I remember, and this is going to sound weird, but that was when a F2P weekend happened and for some reason even though none of the "noobs" (not that I even care about them being a noob. I don't mind if someone isn't that good at the game, as long as you don't freaking just take everything and only care about yourself.) would've even came into one of my games because I was playing on UVHM. I just for some reason found that making me not want to play it, no clue why.

I guess another reason I don't find myself playing much is because I play a Support based Maya (Slaggin' and healin')... and I play solo for the most part, but that isn't it. I actually find I don't play in online random matches because there is so much pressure on me, especially on UVHM where people will usually be dropping like flies, and if I screw up and miss or something then, almost always, someone pays with their life... or I suppose money and time in actuality because they will just respawn a bit later. No one has gotten angry for my screw up though, the only person to have gotten angry for screwing up... is myself. I get angry with myself when I let someone die and I keep myself from playing the game because I don't want to get angry with myself again. I would probably be better with friends because I know them irl and I could just kinda joke about it. But I find with random people I get angry at myself if I mess up.

TL;DR I want to play Borderlands 2 more but I won't let myself because I got no friends to play with and I beat myself up when I let someone die on random matches.
@Shoey Yeahhh I know what you're talking about. Borderlands 2 with no buddies really makes it a lot less fun... I used to play a lot with my sister (Me a Zer0 and her as Krieg) but she stopped playing after we beat TVHM. And I do NOT play online. Ever. I just get super worried that everyone's gonna get mad at me or I'm just going to screw everything up. So now it's just me and that beautiful robot whose hips don't lie. I may have a teeny tiny crush on Zer0... Or not so tiny... Or gigantic and OH MY GOD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH

Anyways, I really think you should pick up the Tiny Tina DLC because it's super amazing and like my favorite one. And also you can get a gun that shoots swords. So that's cool.

I'm really sad to say it, but I think I'm a little tired of the game. I've beaten it at least 20-30 times and after a while when you have all the best guns... It just gets boring. by no means am I done with all of it though. I LOVE the characters and I will continue to love them forever and ever. Besides, the new game is coming out soon (don't know exactly when but I'm excited)!! It's called the pre-sequel and you get to go to the moon. And claptrap.

Well, thanks for talking to me. I really love finding other Borderlands fans out there. and best of luck to you if you ever decide to pick it up again.
@Shoey Yeahhh I know what you're talking about. Borderlands 2 with no buddies really makes it a lot less fun... I used to play a lot with my sister (Me a Zer0 and her as Krieg) but she stopped playing after we beat TVHM. And I do NOT play online. Ever. I just get super worried that everyone's gonna get mad at me or I'm just going to screw everything up. So now it's just me and that beautiful robot whose hips don't lie. I may have a teeny tiny crush on Zer0... Or not so tiny... Or gigantic and OH MY GOD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH

Anyways, I really think you should pick up the Tiny Tina DLC because it's super amazing and like my favorite one. And also you can get a gun that shoots swords. So that's cool.

I'm really sad to say it, but I think I'm a little tired of the game. I've beaten it at least 20-30 times and after a while when you have all the best guns... It just gets boring. by no means am I done with all of it though. I LOVE the characters and I will continue to love them forever and ever. Besides, the new game is coming out soon (don't know exactly when but I'm excited)!! It's called the pre-sequel and you get to go to the moon. And claptrap.

Well, thanks for talking to me. I really love finding other Borderlands fans out there. and best of luck to you if you ever decide to pick it up again.
@pongypow Oh, I meant that I got, as in brought, but actually not because I owned season pass, Tiny Tina DLC. But I never actually played through it at all, I never even teleported to the freaking area.

Also I don't know if you know this because I think it's only a problem on the PC version I believe, but I also really kinda dislike duping, which is another reason I don't play online. It's like people see you are using a "sub-par" weapon and then they drop their Legendary Harold for you and they are just like "Take it man!" and I don't want to take it because I always assume it's a dupe if it's a random person. To a lot of people that might sound stupid or something, like why would I turn down the most awesome shotgun-that-isn't-a-shotgun-but-instead-a-pistol? But to me duping is cheating and I would much rather earn that Harold. I don't care if other people do it, I just don't like it when people dupe something for me and get confused or angry as to why I don't want the thing.

But that's actually another thing. In Borderlands 2 I do not like how the legendary stuff is the be-all-end-all usually. I mean it's possible to find random loot that is potentially better but it is as rare as a blue moon. To me that's incredibly annoying because I don't even like half of the legendary loot and yet I get it because people hype it so much like it's required or something, and that takes out nearly all of the fun of finding new and awesome looking guns which is basically half of Borderlands.

As crazy as it sounds I can indeed Solo BL2 in UVHM as a support Maya (Or I mostly have so far rather.), mainly due to how Over powered slag is in UVHM and how you basically need it to be doing any substantial damage. I mean it's like 3X damage or something in UVHM? Like that's crazy, but the thing is while it's useful, it isn't fun to use, which is also another thing I dislike about BL2, but that's really only a problem in UVHM so I guess that doesn't really count since UVHM wasn't supposed to exist in the game's original coding to begin with...

Also out of curiosity, you say you've beaten it at least 20-30 times? So are you on the OP difficulties? I have actually heard that the game's online match search feature is broken past OP level 4 and it will never find a game for you...
@pongypow Oh, I meant that I got, as in brought, but actually not because I owned season pass, Tiny Tina DLC. But I never actually played through it at all, I never even teleported to the freaking area.

Also I don't know if you know this because I think it's only a problem on the PC version I believe, but I also really kinda dislike duping, which is another reason I don't play online. It's like people see you are using a "sub-par" weapon and then they drop their Legendary Harold for you and they are just like "Take it man!" and I don't want to take it because I always assume it's a dupe if it's a random person. To a lot of people that might sound stupid or something, like why would I turn down the most awesome shotgun-that-isn't-a-shotgun-but-instead-a-pistol? But to me duping is cheating and I would much rather earn that Harold. I don't care if other people do it, I just don't like it when people dupe something for me and get confused or angry as to why I don't want the thing.

But that's actually another thing. In Borderlands 2 I do not like how the legendary stuff is the be-all-end-all usually. I mean it's possible to find random loot that is potentially better but it is as rare as a blue moon. To me that's incredibly annoying because I don't even like half of the legendary loot and yet I get it because people hype it so much like it's required or something, and that takes out nearly all of the fun of finding new and awesome looking guns which is basically half of Borderlands.

As crazy as it sounds I can indeed Solo BL2 in UVHM as a support Maya (Or I mostly have so far rather.), mainly due to how Over powered slag is in UVHM and how you basically need it to be doing any substantial damage. I mean it's like 3X damage or something in UVHM? Like that's crazy, but the thing is while it's useful, it isn't fun to use, which is also another thing I dislike about BL2, but that's really only a problem in UVHM so I guess that doesn't really count since UVHM wasn't supposed to exist in the game's original coding to begin with...

Also out of curiosity, you say you've beaten it at least 20-30 times? So are you on the OP difficulties? I have actually heard that the game's online match search feature is broken past OP level 4 and it will never find a game for you...
@Shoey I'm on OP3 with Zer0 and OP8 with my Gunzerker. It's more trouble than it's worth, really. Everything it super frustrating to kill and never drops any good stuff. And the bosses... Why so much health... And even regular enemies regenerate health so fast that once you go into FFYL they just backpedal as far away as they can and regen their health in a few seconds.

Anyways, duping. Yes I have had a few of my friends dupe a really cool gun for me, and even I've done it a couple times, and I wish that it could be fixed but with the auto-save mechanic it just can't unless they reprogram a ton of stuff. Which they won't do. The final DLC just came out and the devs are done with it. Forever... Sadly, I bought all of the Headhunters and was less than impressed. The only thing I really bought them for was the new skins and some new dialog for my precious ninja robot.

One of my main problems with UVHM is the health regen and the need for slag, as you mentioned. The only other way to kill enemies is to have your trusty DPUH (or Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold) at your side, and hope you land most of your shots. Otherwise, you will die over, and over, and over, and over. When I first started all I had on me that was half-decent was Miss Moxxie's Good Touch (the fire smg) and no slag weapons. Saying it was difficult was an understatement. And playing as a frail-*** melee Zer0 didn't help much either... Don't even get me started on Fink's Slaughterhouse.

So to say the least, UVHM is hard. And by no means was it meant to be solo-ed. *sigh* I bought the game for one of my really good friends and his computer is too crappy to run it. So... I am alone. Just wondering, who is your favorite character? Mine is Zer0 like I've been hinting at. And what's your least favorite part of the game? For me it's the Exploitation Preserve. I HATE stalkers.
@Shoey I'm on OP3 with Zer0 and OP8 with my Gunzerker. It's more trouble than it's worth, really. Everything it super frustrating to kill and never drops any good stuff. And the bosses... Why so much health... And even regular enemies regenerate health so fast that once you go into FFYL they just backpedal as far away as they can and regen their health in a few seconds.

Anyways, duping. Yes I have had a few of my friends dupe a really cool gun for me, and even I've done it a couple times, and I wish that it could be fixed but with the auto-save mechanic it just can't unless they reprogram a ton of stuff. Which they won't do. The final DLC just came out and the devs are done with it. Forever... Sadly, I bought all of the Headhunters and was less than impressed. The only thing I really bought them for was the new skins and some new dialog for my precious ninja robot.

One of my main problems with UVHM is the health regen and the need for slag, as you mentioned. The only other way to kill enemies is to have your trusty DPUH (or Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold) at your side, and hope you land most of your shots. Otherwise, you will die over, and over, and over, and over. When I first started all I had on me that was half-decent was Miss Moxxie's Good Touch (the fire smg) and no slag weapons. Saying it was difficult was an understatement. And playing as a frail-*** melee Zer0 didn't help much either... Don't even get me started on Fink's Slaughterhouse.

So to say the least, UVHM is hard. And by no means was it meant to be solo-ed. *sigh* I bought the game for one of my really good friends and his computer is too crappy to run it. So... I am alone. Just wondering, who is your favorite character? Mine is Zer0 like I've been hinting at. And what's your least favorite part of the game? For me it's the Exploitation Preserve. I HATE stalkers.
@pongypow
Oh god I hate the backpedal. Thankfully I am usually able to kill them in time because my Maya has maxed out the skill that increases fire damage immensely while she is downed and in FFYL mode. (It's probably literally half of the reason why I am able to solo UVHM as Maya.)

Honestly I have only played 1 character, I have barely touched the other ones, in other words I have only really played as Maya, I have barely gotten other characters past level 5. And I don't even own Gauge or Kreig. I actually came into Borderlands 2 with a preset mind on who I was going to play and I don't care about any of the other characters. I played the Siren in BL1, I'm playing the Siren in BL2. (Even if they are completely different in the playstyles I chose for them, My Lillith was an insane DMG dealer and my Maya is a Support.) In other words my favorite Character is Maya to play as anyway. My favorite character in the series? Honestly I got no clue, although I like Brick a lot in terms of personality.

My least favorite part? It has to be the beginning of the game, for multiple reasons. 1. I hate bullymongs, 2. it was pretty freaking bland in my opinion, and 3. for some reason, I dunno why, but for some reason my game lags out in that beginning area, not in any other areas, just that single area. I think it might be the snow for some reason?
Honestly I like stalkers, though that's probably because I play a Support Maya and I can just either hold them in place or shoot out my ball of skag that will just skag everything around it and I can easily find them that way. Plus I think they look cool. Also I have not done any of the Slaughterhouses on UVHM for what I hope to be obvious reasons since I am soloing for the most part.

But yeah I know how Squishy Zer0 is. Despite being such a BA he goes down so often, especially if he's the melee type. Honestly I don't see how it would be even possible to melee as Zer0 on UVHM. But yeah my friend that I played for on UVHM for a bit he played as a Zer0 as well. I swear half of the game was literally half of him going down and me picking him back up with Maya's powers, no offense or anything like that, but sometimes when I hear people fangirling about Zer0 I wanna go like: "Yeah, Zer0 is a BA, but when he falls down on his butt, who picks him up? ME, MAYA WADDYA GOTTA SAY ABOUT DAT!?!? And he WILL fall down on his butt eventually, trust me." :3
@pongypow
Oh god I hate the backpedal. Thankfully I am usually able to kill them in time because my Maya has maxed out the skill that increases fire damage immensely while she is downed and in FFYL mode. (It's probably literally half of the reason why I am able to solo UVHM as Maya.)

Honestly I have only played 1 character, I have barely touched the other ones, in other words I have only really played as Maya, I have barely gotten other characters past level 5. And I don't even own Gauge or Kreig. I actually came into Borderlands 2 with a preset mind on who I was going to play and I don't care about any of the other characters. I played the Siren in BL1, I'm playing the Siren in BL2. (Even if they are completely different in the playstyles I chose for them, My Lillith was an insane DMG dealer and my Maya is a Support.) In other words my favorite Character is Maya to play as anyway. My favorite character in the series? Honestly I got no clue, although I like Brick a lot in terms of personality.

My least favorite part? It has to be the beginning of the game, for multiple reasons. 1. I hate bullymongs, 2. it was pretty freaking bland in my opinion, and 3. for some reason, I dunno why, but for some reason my game lags out in that beginning area, not in any other areas, just that single area. I think it might be the snow for some reason?
Honestly I like stalkers, though that's probably because I play a Support Maya and I can just either hold them in place or shoot out my ball of skag that will just skag everything around it and I can easily find them that way. Plus I think they look cool. Also I have not done any of the Slaughterhouses on UVHM for what I hope to be obvious reasons since I am soloing for the most part.

But yeah I know how Squishy Zer0 is. Despite being such a BA he goes down so often, especially if he's the melee type. Honestly I don't see how it would be even possible to melee as Zer0 on UVHM. But yeah my friend that I played for on UVHM for a bit he played as a Zer0 as well. I swear half of the game was literally half of him going down and me picking him back up with Maya's powers, no offense or anything like that, but sometimes when I hear people fangirling about Zer0 I wanna go like: "Yeah, Zer0 is a BA, but when he falls down on his butt, who picks him up? ME, MAYA WADDYA GOTTA SAY ABOUT DAT!?!? And he WILL fall down on his butt eventually, trust me." :3
@Shoey Ah yes the melee Zer0. Witness the glorious and majestic creature roaming his natural habitat in the relatively calm Normal Mode, preying off of marauders and skags. Life is simple and rewarding... As his migratory route leads him into the more unsettling True Vault Hunter Mode, the Zer0 must overcome enemies with much greater health and more powerful weapons. The Zer0 must tread lightly, for he is in danger at all times. Poachers like Hyperion and the Bandits wish to hunt the endangered species and use him for his snarky comebacks. Constantly on high alert, he must always be on guard... As his simplistic and somewhat dangerous life continues, the now adult Zer0 must seek out a mate for he is ready to pass down his legacy. All throughout mode 2 he is met with disappointment. The journey continues... The melee Zer0 is at his final stage of maturity: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode. One false move and his life is over. Food is scarce. His only prey has become his predator. Attacked by the one true enemy of the melee ninja, Loaders, the creature must escape... The Zer0 is hungry and injured. Life as it now seems is over for the lowly Assassin...

Stay tuned for the newest documentary on the rare and dangerous Maya!
@Shoey Ah yes the melee Zer0. Witness the glorious and majestic creature roaming his natural habitat in the relatively calm Normal Mode, preying off of marauders and skags. Life is simple and rewarding... As his migratory route leads him into the more unsettling True Vault Hunter Mode, the Zer0 must overcome enemies with much greater health and more powerful weapons. The Zer0 must tread lightly, for he is in danger at all times. Poachers like Hyperion and the Bandits wish to hunt the endangered species and use him for his snarky comebacks. Constantly on high alert, he must always be on guard... As his simplistic and somewhat dangerous life continues, the now adult Zer0 must seek out a mate for he is ready to pass down his legacy. All throughout mode 2 he is met with disappointment. The journey continues... The melee Zer0 is at his final stage of maturity: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode. One false move and his life is over. Food is scarce. His only prey has become his predator. Attacked by the one true enemy of the melee ninja, Loaders, the creature must escape... The Zer0 is hungry and injured. Life as it now seems is over for the lowly Assassin...

Stay tuned for the newest documentary on the rare and dangerous Maya!
@pongypow
(Lol! X3 Do you expect me to do the same with Maya? Unfortunately I'm not that creative. X|)
@pongypow
(Lol! X3 Do you expect me to do the same with Maya? Unfortunately I'm not that creative. X|)
@Shoey lol I'll do it. I will do it with ALL THE VAULT HUNTERS in borderlands 2. Hey, you're a pretty cool person. Mind if I add you? For the lulz y'know.
@Shoey lol I'll do it. I will do it with ALL THE VAULT HUNTERS in borderlands 2. Hey, you're a pretty cool person. Mind if I add you? For the lulz y'know.
@pongypow On FR or BL2? Or Steam? XP But yeah you can add me. (My Steam/BL2 names are different however so you'll need to ask for that if that's what you meant.)
@pongypow On FR or BL2? Or Steam? XP But yeah you can add me. (My Steam/BL2 names are different however so you'll need to ask for that if that's what you meant.)
1 2