Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Role Models? Idols? Share them here!
1 2
Who do you admire? Someone close to you or is it someone more well known? Any cool stories to share? Why do you admire them so much?

This came to mind today because of the chance of a lifetime I got.
Today I just got back from my states FanX Comic Con Experience getting the opportunity to listen to at a panel and take a picture with Patrick Stewart. Not only is Patrick Stewart a fanfreakingtastic actor from Shakespeare to Sci-Fi he is one of the best (I believe) out there. Along with his work in acting he has used his career to help those in situations of domestic violence and other injustices happening to women.

This is just a little piece of the adventure I had this weekend, but anyhow let me know about some of you role models.
Who do you admire? Someone close to you or is it someone more well known? Any cool stories to share? Why do you admire them so much?

This came to mind today because of the chance of a lifetime I got.
Today I just got back from my states FanX Comic Con Experience getting the opportunity to listen to at a panel and take a picture with Patrick Stewart. Not only is Patrick Stewart a fanfreakingtastic actor from Shakespeare to Sci-Fi he is one of the best (I believe) out there. Along with his work in acting he has used his career to help those in situations of domestic violence and other injustices happening to women.

This is just a little piece of the adventure I had this weekend, but anyhow let me know about some of you role models.
Check out my art blog!
http://corvidae-j.tumblr.com/
@Hoolia I really love Neil DeGrasse Tyson. I think he's an excellent role model and a extraordinarily awesome scientist. If you don't know who he is, he's relaunched the show cosmos, has a radio show called Startalk, the Director at the Hayden Planetarium along with a lot of other things he's done for science. But I think the one thing he perhaps is the most famous for is the controversy surrounding Pluto being classified as a Dwarf Planet at the Hayden Planetarium and sparked the revolution of what it means to be a planet. :D I think he's perhaps my own little personal hero. :D
@Hoolia I really love Neil DeGrasse Tyson. I think he's an excellent role model and a extraordinarily awesome scientist. If you don't know who he is, he's relaunched the show cosmos, has a radio show called Startalk, the Director at the Hayden Planetarium along with a lot of other things he's done for science. But I think the one thing he perhaps is the most famous for is the controversy surrounding Pluto being classified as a Dwarf Planet at the Hayden Planetarium and sparked the revolution of what it means to be a planet. :D I think he's perhaps my own little personal hero. :D
@Khalerys Neil DeGrasse Tyson is definitely amazing and has done so much for the scientific community. I always loved to watch Nova, and my little cousin is absolutely in love with that show too, considering how young he is I'm glad he has found a passion like that so early on! Science has always been an interest of mine and I hope to pursue a career maybe in that field.
@Khalerys Neil DeGrasse Tyson is definitely amazing and has done so much for the scientific community. I always loved to watch Nova, and my little cousin is absolutely in love with that show too, considering how young he is I'm glad he has found a passion like that so early on! Science has always been an interest of mine and I hope to pursue a career maybe in that field.
Check out my art blog!
@Hoolia :D That's awesome. :D I remember watching Nova awhile back, I think that's what drew me into the Neil love. :D Have you seen his remake of Cosmos yet?
@Hoolia :D That's awesome. :D I remember watching Nova awhile back, I think that's what drew me into the Neil love. :D Have you seen his remake of Cosmos yet?
@Khalerys I don't believe I have I'll have to look into it! :D It's always great to have more science-y stuff to watch :)
@Khalerys I don't believe I have I'll have to look into it! :D It's always great to have more science-y stuff to watch :)
Check out my art blog!
My idol is Bill Nye. I know it might be juvenile, but he's just so brilliant and positive! He inspired me to actually become a teacher, which I'm going to study to become in two years.

I also love a bunch of frontmen for bands, like Patrick Stump and Tyler Joseph and Lzzy Hale, but that's just because I love their positivity.
My idol is Bill Nye. I know it might be juvenile, but he's just so brilliant and positive! He inspired me to actually become a teacher, which I'm going to study to become in two years.

I also love a bunch of frontmen for bands, like Patrick Stump and Tyler Joseph and Lzzy Hale, but that's just because I love their positivity.
WkCEhwX.pngCioCFC3.png

tumblr_inline_nayxei5D171qg78ij.png
@destinae Bill Nye is amazing he definitely had an impact on me as a kid, lots of the things Iearned from him made me interested in science which has lead me to want to pursue a career in biology. I'm glad he lead you to want to be a teacher, the world needs more teachers like Bill Nye. :D

Do you enjoy their music as well? I've listened to a bit of Fall Out Boy but not so much of those other two.
@destinae Bill Nye is amazing he definitely had an impact on me as a kid, lots of the things Iearned from him made me interested in science which has lead me to want to pursue a career in biology. I'm glad he lead you to want to be a teacher, the world needs more teachers like Bill Nye. :D

Do you enjoy their music as well? I've listened to a bit of Fall Out Boy but not so much of those other two.
Check out my art blog!
Marina and the Diamonds is one of my three idols, she inspires me to sing and I relate to her songs on a personal level. The fursuit dancer Telephone is another who's sparked my interest into fursuit dancing, I'm saving up to get my very first fursuit! And Okamiwhitewings on deviantArt is my last one, she inspires me to do my art and I look up to her as a role model.
Marina and the Diamonds is one of my three idols, she inspires me to sing and I relate to her songs on a personal level. The fursuit dancer Telephone is another who's sparked my interest into fursuit dancing, I'm saving up to get my very first fursuit! And Okamiwhitewings on deviantArt is my last one, she inspires me to do my art and I look up to her as a role model.
image.png
23 l she/they l FR+8 l UK
bYt72YT.png5ouR6ge.png
tyEuRXe.pngq3Me7tJ.png
image.png
[quote name="Hoolia" date="2014-04-20 17:40:12"]Bill Nye is amazing he definitely had an impact on me as a kid... ...Do you enjoy their music as well? I've listened to a bit of Fall Out Boy but not so much of those other two.[/quote] Yes, @Hollia! Tyler Joseph is the frontman for Twenty One Pilots. They are a lovely band that doesn't really fit into any musical genre, but the only way I can describe it is as musical, electronic slam poetry. Lzzy Hale is the frontman for Halestorm, a band she started with her brother as a kid. The band now has four pieces, and although their lyrics are lacking, Lzzy has killer vocals.
Hoolia wrote on 2014-04-20 17:40:12:
Bill Nye is amazing he definitely had an impact on me as a kid...

...Do you enjoy their music as well? I've listened to a bit of Fall Out Boy but not so much of those other two.

Yes, @Hollia! Tyler Joseph is the frontman for Twenty One Pilots. They are a lovely band that doesn't really fit into any musical genre, but the only way I can describe it is as musical, electronic slam poetry. Lzzy Hale is the frontman for Halestorm, a band she started with her brother as a kid. The band now has four pieces, and although their lyrics are lacking, Lzzy has killer vocals.
WkCEhwX.pngCioCFC3.png

tumblr_inline_nayxei5D171qg78ij.png
@FlightGal I feel like all musicians that I can relate to I wanna be like. :)

I looked up Telephone to see who you were talking about and holy cow they're cute! I dunno if I'd ever get a fursuit but the concept has always intrigued me. Do you have a character in mind for the fursuit? Also send me some pics of your fursuit when you get it, I think they're super cool!

I also looked up okamiwhitewings and they have some pretty cool stuff there I'm gonna dig through it some more later.

@destinae I'll look into them. Any songs you suggest?
@FlightGal I feel like all musicians that I can relate to I wanna be like. :)

I looked up Telephone to see who you were talking about and holy cow they're cute! I dunno if I'd ever get a fursuit but the concept has always intrigued me. Do you have a character in mind for the fursuit? Also send me some pics of your fursuit when you get it, I think they're super cool!

I also looked up okamiwhitewings and they have some pretty cool stuff there I'm gonna dig through it some more later.

@destinae I'll look into them. Any songs you suggest?
Check out my art blog!
1 2