Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Embarrassing Interests
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
@Arkham I cosplayed Applejack once and it wasn't that bad, but it was kind of scary because I was hugged a few times by people a lot bigger than me that didn't even ask. that's never happened before and i've been going to cons for year o,o luckily no one was outspoken or outwardly creepy at least at the con i was at, but it was also the first year mlp was out so there wasn't so many bronies. it's really unfortunate because the show is so cute and fun, but the fanbase ruins it a little.
@Arkham I cosplayed Applejack once and it wasn't that bad, but it was kind of scary because I was hugged a few times by people a lot bigger than me that didn't even ask. that's never happened before and i've been going to cons for year o,o luckily no one was outspoken or outwardly creepy at least at the con i was at, but it was also the first year mlp was out so there wasn't so many bronies. it's really unfortunate because the show is so cute and fun, but the fanbase ruins it a little.
B4IRZ9g.pngTaNiuWJ.png
@Arctic
I want to cosplay Rarity and Rainbow Dash, and I feel like both of those would cause me a lot of trouble with weirdos because I've seen how people talk about them on the internet. xD
I wouldn't mind random hugs so much, but I still will probably never cosplay either of them because the fandom has turned me off from the idea so much. o.o
@Arctic
I want to cosplay Rarity and Rainbow Dash, and I feel like both of those would cause me a lot of trouble with weirdos because I've seen how people talk about them on the internet. xD
I wouldn't mind random hugs so much, but I still will probably never cosplay either of them because the fandom has turned me off from the idea so much. o.o
uU0PD.giftumblr_inline_njw5ja1AaE1qg2i5p.giftyZnu.gif
@Arkham Yeah those two and fluttershy would probably garner the most unwanted attention. But if you enjoy it, I would say go for it, and if anything uncomfortable happens and someone tries to harass you, convention staff will definitely help you. :) I don't mine hugs at all, I love them if people ask, but it's scary when a guy a foot taller than you grabs you really tightly D:
@Arkham Yeah those two and fluttershy would probably garner the most unwanted attention. But if you enjoy it, I would say go for it, and if anything uncomfortable happens and someone tries to harass you, convention staff will definitely help you. :) I don't mine hugs at all, I love them if people ask, but it's scary when a guy a foot taller than you grabs you really tightly D:
B4IRZ9g.pngTaNiuWJ.png
@Arctic
Oh yes, poor Fluttershy gets all of the negative attention. ;^;
I kind of wanted to go to the Bay Area Brony Spectacular that was happening this weekend, but I never actually finished making my Rarity costume from Halloween like two years ago, I've never been to a con before, and I wouldn't have anyone to go with. I don't have enough nerdy friends to go to cons with, unfortunately. lol

Well, actually I did go to a Pokemon convention when I was much younger, but I don't really count that because I don't remember most of it since I was a kid.
@Arctic
Oh yes, poor Fluttershy gets all of the negative attention. ;^;
I kind of wanted to go to the Bay Area Brony Spectacular that was happening this weekend, but I never actually finished making my Rarity costume from Halloween like two years ago, I've never been to a con before, and I wouldn't have anyone to go with. I don't have enough nerdy friends to go to cons with, unfortunately. lol

Well, actually I did go to a Pokemon convention when I was much younger, but I don't really count that because I don't remember most of it since I was a kid.
uU0PD.giftumblr_inline_njw5ja1AaE1qg2i5p.giftyZnu.gif
I collect a lot of dumb/useless things and usually never get the complete set of anything, I just have a lot random collections of things.

-cards
Normal themed playing cards, yu gi oh cards, pokemon cards, magic cards, tarot cards, and I don't even play with them I just like the pictures on them.

- dragon things
This started when I was about 11. I started reading books about dragons then before I knew it I had a bunch of decorative figures (like those ones you find at $2 shops) and a shelf of novels

- books that I never read or buy the whole series of

- art supplies I never use but might come in handy one day

- classic rock records, DVDs and books
It started off with just a handful of records groups I really loved now I have 58 of them and only listen to about 5 of them regularly. Altogether they're probably worth more than $200, if you include the books and movies it would probably reach 300

- video games, half of which I never finish

I guess they're not really embarrassing per say but I flit a lot from one thing to the other. I guess the most 'embarrassing' interest I have is watching old cartoons like Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes and Disney stuff. I'm not really embarrassed by that either I have an appreciation for the art in animation some people might just find it strange. I'm not ashamed of anything I enjoy though.
I collect a lot of dumb/useless things and usually never get the complete set of anything, I just have a lot random collections of things.

-cards
Normal themed playing cards, yu gi oh cards, pokemon cards, magic cards, tarot cards, and I don't even play with them I just like the pictures on them.

- dragon things
This started when I was about 11. I started reading books about dragons then before I knew it I had a bunch of decorative figures (like those ones you find at $2 shops) and a shelf of novels

- books that I never read or buy the whole series of

- art supplies I never use but might come in handy one day

- classic rock records, DVDs and books
It started off with just a handful of records groups I really loved now I have 58 of them and only listen to about 5 of them regularly. Altogether they're probably worth more than $200, if you include the books and movies it would probably reach 300

- video games, half of which I never finish

I guess they're not really embarrassing per say but I flit a lot from one thing to the other. I guess the most 'embarrassing' interest I have is watching old cartoons like Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes and Disney stuff. I'm not really embarrassed by that either I have an appreciation for the art in animation some people might just find it strange. I'm not ashamed of anything I enjoy though.
@Jacksandwich Woo, fellow crafter/fiber artist! I only knit myself, but I don't really think of it as embarrassing, personally. I've knit in public, like while waiting for someone on a bench in Wal-Mart, and gotten a few looks, but I think it's a neat hobby to have. ^^

As for what I do find embarrassing... I quite like MLP:FiM. I guess it's not so uncommon online now, but I don't think I could admit to it in real life. It has a certain stigma attached to it for some people. And honestly? Pet/adoptable/sim sites, for kind of the same reason. No one I personally know in real life understands these kinds of sites and sees them as purely childish or a waste of time, even though many are not. It'd just feel really weird admitting I like this kind of stuff so much. :c
@Jacksandwich Woo, fellow crafter/fiber artist! I only knit myself, but I don't really think of it as embarrassing, personally. I've knit in public, like while waiting for someone on a bench in Wal-Mart, and gotten a few looks, but I think it's a neat hobby to have. ^^

As for what I do find embarrassing... I quite like MLP:FiM. I guess it's not so uncommon online now, but I don't think I could admit to it in real life. It has a certain stigma attached to it for some people. And honestly? Pet/adoptable/sim sites, for kind of the same reason. No one I personally know in real life understands these kinds of sites and sees them as purely childish or a waste of time, even though many are not. It'd just feel really weird admitting I like this kind of stuff so much. :c

veticablue.png

V E T I C Λ
- - - - - -- - - - - -
TUMBLR .-. THEME
GW2: Esterie.7409
@Arkham cons are really fun :D I have been going for quite a few years! I almost went to trotcon 2 years ago but I ended up not having the money to go haha. if you get the chance i suggest checking it out, there's a lot of fun stuff to do.
@Arkham cons are really fun :D I have been going for quite a few years! I almost went to trotcon 2 years ago but I ended up not having the money to go haha. if you get the chance i suggest checking it out, there's a lot of fun stuff to do.
B4IRZ9g.pngTaNiuWJ.png
fandoms

i/g

like a lot of them are really not that great in the 'good fans' department u feel me

also social justice

because people are more likely to yell at me than agree w me idk

hhh, then

also metal (because of my dad tyvm), country (i'm sorry), ye + neopets i g ??? but definitely less so because idc v much about it being ~childish~

lolita can be p ~embarrassing~ too i'm still tryna get up the courage to convINCE myself i can walk outside in it + not get harassed huffs
fandoms

i/g

like a lot of them are really not that great in the 'good fans' department u feel me

also social justice

because people are more likely to yell at me than agree w me idk

hhh, then

also metal (because of my dad tyvm), country (i'm sorry), ye + neopets i g ??? but definitely less so because idc v much about it being ~childish~

lolita can be p ~embarrassing~ too i'm still tryna get up the courage to convINCE myself i can walk outside in it + not get harassed huffs
ivan, it/he pronouns
It's definitely role-playing for me. I like kpop and I like collecting sheep related things but I'm not embarrassed about anything, people know i have kinda childish hobbies but so what. Rping is little bit different because I think it's hard to explain to people who are not into it w/o sounding like weirdo.
It's definitely role-playing for me. I like kpop and I like collecting sheep related things but I'm not embarrassed about anything, people know i have kinda childish hobbies but so what. Rping is little bit different because I think it's hard to explain to people who are not into it w/o sounding like weirdo.
For me it's probably listening to j-pop/j-rock, my collection of stuffed tigers, having a plushie of my girlfriends character, and one that's a touchy issue, being a furry/scaley
For me it's probably listening to j-pop/j-rock, my collection of stuffed tigers, having a plushie of my girlfriends character, and one that's a touchy issue, being a furry/scaley
Already taken by a sweet girl

FurAffinity|DeviantArt|DragonAdopters Memorial Forum

Xbox LIVE: HotRodimusPrime
Steam/PSN: TRozok21
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11