Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | help me with a story i'm writing???
Hey FR lovelies~ I'm writing a story and it'd be SUPER helpful if you could ask random questions of my OCs for this story I'm working on. It's a short story that can basically be summed up to being about a girl and her horse, but she turns into an outlaw and kicks ass. So, characters (with their images as recreated in a dollmaker because I'm too lazy to draw em) this is Jane Carlisle-Hall: [img]http://i.gyazo.com/5e8cb4d5ff03f144331275a00834d7be.png[/img] and this is ŁíÌœíÌœ’ NiyiishóÌœoÌœhii, aka Lee (it’s pronounced tlee nee-yee-sho-hee, as far as I know from watching many pronunciation guides and doing research) [img]http://i.gyazo.com/5deafee73bc629ba31e8f111073ec71d.png[/img] he’s a young Navajo guy who works with his father on a horse farm and basically just is good with horses but then Graham, Jane’s husband, hires him on as a stablehand and trainer for Brie and tHIS IS BRIE CHEESE [img]http://i.gyazo.com/6dac8ff6af4fefa0b36b3b1bb9c4b538.png[/img] HE'S A CUTE LOVELY HORSE. BRIE IS A MUSTANG AND HE’S 4 YEARS OLD AND HE’S GONE THROUGH SOME BASIC HALTER TRAINING BUT HATES GRAHAM (JANE'S HUSBAND) AND LIKES JANE jane’s gonna steal brie and become an outlaw, lee comes with the end ask me about them??? please??? i need help developing them some more!! because i want to turn this into a novella! If you'd like to read what I have of the story so far, [url=http://k-ingsfoil.tumblr.com/post/82675716739/still-working-but-heres-some-of-it-a-horse]here it is uvu[/url]
Hey FR lovelies~

I'm writing a story and it'd be SUPER helpful if you could ask random questions of my OCs for this story I'm working on. It's a short story that can basically be summed up to being about a girl and her horse, but she turns into an outlaw and kicks ***.

So, characters (with their images as recreated in a dollmaker because I'm too lazy to draw em)

this is Jane Carlisle-Hall:
5e8cb4d5ff03f144331275a00834d7be.png

and this is ŁíÌœíÌœ’ NiyiishóÌœoÌœhii, aka Lee (it’s pronounced tlee nee-yee-sho-hee, as far as I know from watching many pronunciation guides and doing research)
5deafee73bc629ba31e8f111073ec71d.png
he’s a young Navajo guy who works with his father on a horse farm and basically just is good with horses but then Graham, Jane’s husband, hires him on as a stablehand and trainer for Brie

and tHIS IS BRIE CHEESE
6dac8ff6af4fefa0b36b3b1bb9c4b538.png
HE'S A CUTE LOVELY HORSE. BRIE IS A MUSTANG AND HE’S 4 YEARS OLD AND HE’S GONE THROUGH SOME BASIC HALTER TRAINING BUT HATES GRAHAM (JANE'S HUSBAND) AND LIKES JANE

jane’s gonna steal brie and become an outlaw, lee comes with

the end

ask me about them??? please??? i need help developing them some more!! because i want to turn this into a novella!

If you'd like to read what I have of the story so far, here it is uvu
fb51bd72334e4212226aede42628abda.png
What kind of questions are you looking for? Ones like favorite colour or more in-depth ones?
What kind of questions are you looking for? Ones like favorite colour or more in-depth ones?
@Loweryi

I don't have time to read the whole story of what you've got so far, but from what I've gathered, she's been unhappily married to this Graham guy? XD And then she's going to take his horse and run off with the Lee fellow? (And becomes an outlaw?)

My first questions are first these. (Which, my apologies if they're already answered in the story though XD) WHY did she get married to Graham? Why did they move away so quickly? And what makes her decide to run off with Lee and become an outlaw?
@Loweryi

I don't have time to read the whole story of what you've got so far, but from what I've gathered, she's been unhappily married to this Graham guy? XD And then she's going to take his horse and run off with the Lee fellow? (And becomes an outlaw?)

My first questions are first these. (Which, my apologies if they're already answered in the story though XD) WHY did she get married to Graham? Why did they move away so quickly? And what makes her decide to run off with Lee and become an outlaw?
Link2.png Link3-2.png
@Sky665

Sorry for the super late response! Schoolwork and all that.

The story takes place between 1909-1913, so since both she and Graham are from rich, well-to-do families, their marriage is one of convenience and necessity regarding both of their social statuses. They moved away from Delaware to Arizona because Graham invested a lot of his money into a budding railroad company out there and he wanted to be closer to the center of business.
She ends up running off on her own and Lee just decides to follow because he's got nothing better to do, haha. She takes Brie and leaves because she finally gets fed up with her unhappy life and circumstances (especially after her sister dies) and she just wants to find something different in her life. She kind of ends up getting more than she bargained for, though, since she's used to wealth and prosperity and ends up being an outlaw on the lam. c:
@Sky665

Sorry for the super late response! Schoolwork and all that.

The story takes place between 1909-1913, so since both she and Graham are from rich, well-to-do families, their marriage is one of convenience and necessity regarding both of their social statuses. They moved away from Delaware to Arizona because Graham invested a lot of his money into a budding railroad company out there and he wanted to be closer to the center of business.
She ends up running off on her own and Lee just decides to follow because he's got nothing better to do, haha. She takes Brie and leaves because she finally gets fed up with her unhappy life and circumstances (especially after her sister dies) and she just wants to find something different in her life. She kind of ends up getting more than she bargained for, though, since she's used to wealth and prosperity and ends up being an outlaw on the lam. c:
fb51bd72334e4212226aede42628abda.png
@Loweryi

I see! Sounds all good then. XD Except maybe for Lee, could maybe add in some more things and conflicting elements for him other than not having anything better to do? Especially if he's an native American for that time period. Seems like he should have a pretty good darn reason to want to throw away what little of a standing he had in society to run off with that girl, since there was a lot of discrimination back then for darker skinned people.
@Loweryi

I see! Sounds all good then. XD Except maybe for Lee, could maybe add in some more things and conflicting elements for him other than not having anything better to do? Especially if he's an native American for that time period. Seems like he should have a pretty good darn reason to want to throw away what little of a standing he had in society to run off with that girl, since there was a lot of discrimination back then for darker skinned people.
Link2.png Link3-2.png
I'd like to know about Jane's sister. Seems like a golden opportunity to build tension for Jane.

Like... she was able to deal with Graham as long as she had her sister as a confidant and back up but without that he was too much for her to deal with...

Something like that.

Also, how does it come about that Jane becomes an outlaw? Does she know how to shoot? When, where, why did she learn?

And I second fleshing Lee's reasons out more, because the racism against Native Americans was something terri-bad back then.
I'd like to know about Jane's sister. Seems like a golden opportunity to build tension for Jane.

Like... she was able to deal with Graham as long as she had her sister as a confidant and back up but without that he was too much for her to deal with...

Something like that.

Also, how does it come about that Jane becomes an outlaw? Does she know how to shoot? When, where, why did she learn?

And I second fleshing Lee's reasons out more, because the racism against Native Americans was something terri-bad back then.
Why do they have Brie? Around this time the car would've started becoming in use, and since they're wealthy, does Graham have a specific motivation for going horse instead? Is it out of necessity or because he's trying to blend in?

Where in AZ does it take place? (Sorry i live in Arizona so I crave specifics XD)

WHat's Lee's homelife like? Does he live on the reservation or has he moved off and is trying to pass in "white" society? Is this his only job?

Those are just what came to mind for me. Good luck writing!
Why do they have Brie? Around this time the car would've started becoming in use, and since they're wealthy, does Graham have a specific motivation for going horse instead? Is it out of necessity or because he's trying to blend in?

Where in AZ does it take place? (Sorry i live in Arizona so I crave specifics XD)

WHat's Lee's homelife like? Does he live on the reservation or has he moved off and is trying to pass in "white" society? Is this his only job?

Those are just what came to mind for me. Good luck writing!
9.pngI will see my dream come alive at last. I will touch the sky.9.png