Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dragonriders of Pern roleplay, anyone?
1 2 3
**Update: 4/28/2014** Orensk has laid 13 eggs, so now is a great time to get your wher candidates active, or to enter in with a new wher candidate! [img]http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a498/canyonriverweyr/BulletPointAd2_zps2c65d55e.png[/img] [url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Canyon_River_Weyr/index.php?act=idx][b][u]Canyon River Weyr[/b][/u][/url] [i][b]At the joining of three rivers… …there was a Weyr.[/b] In the walls of the canyon lived the dragonriders of Canyon River Weyr. This small, unusual dwelling formed when the Weyrs of Pern agreed it was a good idea to establish an overflow destination as populations grew in the decades leading up to the 8th Pass of the Red Star. Many were the voices among the Holds that questioned the return of that age-old enemy, Thread, but also many were those who believed and supported the Weyrs. Those Holds suddenly thrust under Canyon River’s authority were however divided, with some holders hanging onto their previous loyalties and not appreciating the change of leadership. The hematite queen has produced healthy, live hatchlings at last, proving her ability to safely reproduce. The clutch resulted in two new color mutations which have been dubbed "Jade," a green-saturated bronze mutation, and "Fluorite," a red-toned feminine blue mutation. As the dragonets grow, the dragons instinctively make room for these newcomers in their ages-old hierarchy, and the Weyrleader keeps close watch on their development. And still, the Red Star drew ever closer…[/i] [b]Canyon River Weyr is now open for all! Come see what we have to offer and get in on the ground floor of a unique new Weyr. Please read our rules and information carefully so everyone is on the same page and we can all relax and have a good time here.[/b]
**Update: 4/28/2014** Orensk has laid 13 eggs, so now is a great time to get your wher candidates active, or to enter in with a new wher candidate!

BulletPointAd2_zps2c65d55e.png

Canyon River Weyr

At the joining of three rivers…

…there was a Weyr.

In the walls of the canyon lived the dragonriders of Canyon River Weyr. This small, unusual dwelling formed when the Weyrs of Pern agreed it was a good idea to establish an overflow destination as populations grew in the decades leading up to the 8th Pass of the Red Star. Many were the voices among the Holds that questioned the return of that age-old enemy, Thread, but also many were those who believed and supported the Weyrs. Those Holds suddenly thrust under Canyon River’s authority were however divided, with some holders hanging onto their previous loyalties and not appreciating the change of leadership.

The hematite queen has produced healthy, live hatchlings at last, proving her ability to safely reproduce. The clutch resulted in two new color mutations which have been dubbed "Jade," a green-saturated bronze mutation, and "Fluorite," a red-toned feminine blue mutation. As the dragonets grow, the dragons instinctively make room for these newcomers in their ages-old hierarchy, and the Weyrleader keeps close watch on their development.

And still, the Red Star drew ever closer…

Canyon River Weyr is now open for all! Come see what we have to offer and get in on the ground floor of a unique new Weyr.

Please read our rules and information carefully so everyone is on the same page and we can all relax and have a good time here.
Fc9rLvs.png
@Niiku ...Aw, I thought this was going to be an on-FR RP. I shouldn't be joining more Pern sites until my own is more established, but this looks interesting. Good luck!
@Niiku ...Aw, I thought this was going to be an on-FR RP. I shouldn't be joining more Pern sites until my own is more established, but this looks interesting. Good luck!
Curiosity hasn't killed me yet.

Starfall Skin/Accent Price Tracking Spreadsheet
@ParaLLL Thanks :3
@ParaLLL Thanks :3
Fc9rLvs.png
Bump!
Bump!
Fc9rLvs.png
Join us! Even if you're not too familiar with Pern, we're welcome to lore newbies, heck, I was that way over a year ago, and I have moderate knowledge at this point. You like good rp, and a fun chatbox? COME IN!
Join us! Even if you're not too familiar with Pern, we're welcome to lore newbies, heck, I was that way over a year ago, and I have moderate knowledge at this point. You like good rp, and a fun chatbox? COME IN!
HoSUf2P.png
Hmm, been a while since I've read that series. Hmm, I wonder if there are any roleplays based around the Dragonsdawn time period. I think I'll go check this site out out. :)
Hmm, been a while since I've read that series. Hmm, I wonder if there are any roleplays based around the Dragonsdawn time period. I think I'll go check this site out out. :)
tumblr_inline_mp47464ZRH1qz4rgp.png
@Jetblackbird The closest I've ever seen to Dragonsdawn settings have been second and third pass (and fourth, etc.) settings, and some Earth-meeting-later-Pern sites. Good luck, though!
@Jetblackbird The closest I've ever seen to Dragonsdawn settings have been second and third pass (and fourth, etc.) settings, and some Earth-meeting-later-Pern sites. Good luck, though!
Curiosity hasn't killed me yet.

Starfall Skin/Accent Price Tracking Spreadsheet
@Niiku
I used to adore this series when I was younger! I haven't read it in ages but it looks awesome, I'll defiantly think about joining
@Niiku
I used to adore this series when I was younger! I haven't read it in ages but it looks awesome, I'll defiantly think about joining
Xe/Xir/Xirs pronouns
@Niiku
Ugh, my previous site is dying slowly. :D I've seen this wonderful thing on my tumblr so many times that I might just join. Don't count me as positive, though... I haven't exactly been feeling much rping muse lately.
@Niiku
Ugh, my previous site is dying slowly. :D I've seen this wonderful thing on my tumblr so many times that I might just join. Don't count me as positive, though... I haven't exactly been feeling much rping muse lately.
zenniel-commission_zpsyvhnptjc.png
@rapscallion @zenniel

Thanks guys! ^_^ We'd be thrilled to have a couple new people on board, but of course there's no pressure or anything. :D
@rapscallion @zenniel

Thanks guys! ^_^ We'd be thrilled to have a couple new people on board, but of course there's no pressure or anything. :D
Fc9rLvs.png
1 2 3