Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LGBTTQQ2SIAD (Etc) Community
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 41 42
Hey there!

Agender panromantic asexual reporting here! uvu My preferred pronouns are ve/ver/vis.
Still unsure how to come out to my family and some of my friends. But the friends that know seem pretty chill about it.

edit: wow rude fr. eating my post. Retyped it though.
Hey there!

Agender panromantic asexual reporting here! uvu My preferred pronouns are ve/ver/vis.
Still unsure how to come out to my family and some of my friends. But the friends that know seem pretty chill about it.

edit: wow rude fr. eating my post. Retyped it though.
(they/them/their or ve/ver/vis)
9.png5.png3.png
@Sachie And this is why I still have some faith in the internet. -nods-

'ello, everybody! I noticed a serious lack in demisexuals, so I thought I'd poke my head in. ^_^ I'm a cissexual demisexual biromantic chica with sapiosexual inclinations (what do you mean, I can't have both intelligent and emotional connections?), though I'm starting to believe I'm more panromantic than bi. Not too worried about it, though, since love doesn't happen all that often for me and, when it does, I do my best to make it last.

Since most people haven't even heard of demisexuality, I'll try to give a very basic, possibly crude explanation:

Demisexuality is between asexuality and sexuality, but usually separate from gray-A. It means, for lack of a better phrase, that one cannot experience physical attraction to someone else without a deep emotional connection, be it strong friendship or romance. The main thing to remember is that it's not a choice. 99% of the time, a demisexual person can have all the sexual attraction of an asexual. (AVEN said it better, so I'll leave the link here for @Vinyl to refer to. ^_^)

I'm in love with a wonderful, glorious, amazing polyamorous pansexual genderqueer sapiosexual beauty, with whom I came to terms with the fact that, yes, I can be attracted to more than just guys. Which is good, because I thought I was going insane for a couple years when I started daydreaming about her.

I tried explaining demisexuality to my parents, but I suspect my mom's demi anyway, so I just told her I'm bisexual; I'm not sure she's sold or aware of the terminology, so I picked something she'd understand that was close enough. She later told me that my twin brother had said something along the lines of, "What if she (referring to me) grows up gay?" (He was in middle school at the time and didn't know any better, so please don't bash him.) My mom, cool as a cucumber, just shrugged and mused, "Then you two can talk about women."

Best. Mom. Ever.
@Sachie And this is why I still have some faith in the internet. -nods-

'ello, everybody! I noticed a serious lack in demisexuals, so I thought I'd poke my head in. ^_^ I'm a cissexual demisexual biromantic chica with sapiosexual inclinations (what do you mean, I can't have both intelligent and emotional connections?), though I'm starting to believe I'm more panromantic than bi. Not too worried about it, though, since love doesn't happen all that often for me and, when it does, I do my best to make it last.

Since most people haven't even heard of demisexuality, I'll try to give a very basic, possibly crude explanation:

Demisexuality is between asexuality and sexuality, but usually separate from gray-A. It means, for lack of a better phrase, that one cannot experience physical attraction to someone else without a deep emotional connection, be it strong friendship or romance. The main thing to remember is that it's not a choice. 99% of the time, a demisexual person can have all the sexual attraction of an asexual. (AVEN said it better, so I'll leave the link here for @Vinyl to refer to. ^_^)

I'm in love with a wonderful, glorious, amazing polyamorous pansexual genderqueer sapiosexual beauty, with whom I came to terms with the fact that, yes, I can be attracted to more than just guys. Which is good, because I thought I was going insane for a couple years when I started daydreaming about her.

I tried explaining demisexuality to my parents, but I suspect my mom's demi anyway, so I just told her I'm bisexual; I'm not sure she's sold or aware of the terminology, so I picked something she'd understand that was close enough. She later told me that my twin brother had said something along the lines of, "What if she (referring to me) grows up gay?" (He was in middle school at the time and didn't know any better, so please don't bash him.) My mom, cool as a cucumber, just shrugged and mused, "Then you two can talk about women."

Best. Mom. Ever.
Gilded Carnival (General) | Gilded Carnival (Light) | Gilded Raffle IC | IC: Gold Standard | Cryptic Cartographs | 50 / 2000
@Canidae Hey! ^_^ Would you mind terribly if I asked you for some advice on a long-distance relationship? Or...would that be taking the mostly-anonymity of the internet for granted?
@Canidae Hey! ^_^ Would you mind terribly if I asked you for some advice on a long-distance relationship? Or...would that be taking the mostly-anonymity of the internet for granted?
Gilded Carnival (General) | Gilded Carnival (Light) | Gilded Raffle IC | IC: Gold Standard | Cryptic Cartographs | 50 / 2000
I've been a little confused lately about myself...not sure if I still identify as bisexual or pansexual, since I am attracted to all genders, not just the binary...or maybe I'm just human and it's natural to be attracted to whomever (like the Romans and Greeks).
I've been a little confused lately about myself...not sure if I still identify as bisexual or pansexual, since I am attracted to all genders, not just the binary...or maybe I'm just human and it's natural to be attracted to whomever (like the Romans and Greeks).
3sC1QUx.giftumblr_inline_nnfbypqwbO1qlye38_500.gif3sC1QUx.gif
Well, a lot of people define bisexuality as being attracted to "same and different genders" same and different being the "two" for the "bi". Theres lots of overlap in the labels, definitely, and it boils down to which one you prefer; both are valid and just fine.

also hi thread! I'm a genderfluid aroace, pronouns they/them, in a queerplatonic relationship with my also genderfluid kissfriend :D
Well, a lot of people define bisexuality as being attracted to "same and different genders" same and different being the "two" for the "bi". Theres lots of overlap in the labels, definitely, and it boils down to which one you prefer; both are valid and just fine.

also hi thread! I'm a genderfluid aroace, pronouns they/them, in a queerplatonic relationship with my also genderfluid kissfriend :D
@Megu
Bisexualism and pansexualism are weird because they're sorta the same thing but also kinda not. The definition of bisexualism that I see the most nowadays is "attraction to same and other genders", not necessarily just those in the binary. In the end it just comes down to what label you're most comfortable with!

(Edit: whoops, Mousequest beat me to it. OH WELL)

Anyways, hello everyone! I'm a cis female asexual panromantic with a lady preference. I'm out to pretty much everyone irl and have so far received quite a surprising deal of support (with the exception of my dad, but let's not get into that >>)
@Megu
Bisexualism and pansexualism are weird because they're sorta the same thing but also kinda not. The definition of bisexualism that I see the most nowadays is "attraction to same and other genders", not necessarily just those in the binary. In the end it just comes down to what label you're most comfortable with!

(Edit: whoops, Mousequest beat me to it. OH WELL)

Anyways, hello everyone! I'm a cis female asexual panromantic with a lady preference. I'm out to pretty much everyone irl and have so far received quite a surprising deal of support (with the exception of my dad, but let's not get into that >>)
aJyYWw6.png
@Fara

i would be happy to help you in any way possible friend!! shoot me a pm and we can get down to it :o
@Fara

i would be happy to help you in any way possible friend!! shoot me a pm and we can get down to it :o
tumblr_inline_neg4f1HZyZ1rhxwp5.png
does anyone have any advice on coming out as non-binary to parents? my sister knows and uses correct pronouns, but im unsure as to how to explain to my parents that i prefer different pronouns and my gender isnt female?
im still not 100% sure if i should actually come out or not. my parents are not queerphobic or anything, they just don't understand.
does anyone have any advice on coming out as non-binary to parents? my sister knows and uses correct pronouns, but im unsure as to how to explain to my parents that i prefer different pronouns and my gender isnt female?
im still not 100% sure if i should actually come out or not. my parents are not queerphobic or anything, they just don't understand.
tXKbExw.png
@GaiaDragoness

Perhaps you could start a conversation about how facebook added all of those gender options and see what happens from there?
@GaiaDragoness

Perhaps you could start a conversation about how facebook added all of those gender options and see what happens from there?
@Mousequest

ahh yes! that would be a good conversation starter, thank you!
@Mousequest

ahh yes! that would be a good conversation starter, thank you!
tXKbExw.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 41 42