Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Glimmer and Gloom - Hard Solution
1 2
I know you've probably seen some of these, and you may or may not have had trouble with them. I'm here to show you a Glimmer and Gloom Hard version solution that works every day of the week ;)

It's actually really simple, and after a while, it becomes almost muscle memory! Thanks to @EgoLobster for showing me this solution!

THE SPACES AND WHAT I'M CALLING THEM:

A1 A2 A3 A4
B1 B2 B3 B4 B5
C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6
D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6 D7
E1 E2 E3 E4 E5 E6
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5
G1 G2 G3 G4

1. Look at the top row. All of them need to be Glimmer. So go ahead and solve it. (It's easy I promise.)

2. Do the same thing in the 2nd row. Make sure you don't click anything in the 2nd row, only clicking in the 3rd row!

3. Do the same thing for the 3rd row! REMEMBERRRR only click the spaces in the row BELOW it, or it will mess it up! (Of course you can always restart this whole method)

4. Now for the 4th row. Count the number of Gloom in that row. If it is odd, click every space in the 4th row. Now there will be an even number! Go ahead and solve by clicking the 5th row spaces needed.

5. The 5th row is tricky. If there is an odd number of Gloom, go ahead and click all the spaces in row 2, then C3, C5, and C6. Then go back and re-solve.

6. This time, there should be and even number of gloom in the 5th row. Go ahead and solve by clicking the 6th row spaces.

7. IF you end up solving by now, good! But if you haven't and you ended up with 2 spaces at the bottom that are practically unsolvable, do not fear! There is still hope! (lol) This actually is solvable! Click the following spaces in order: A1, B2, D3, E2, F1, A4, B4, D5, E5, F5. Then, try solving again.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask below, I will answer all of them at some point!

~ Green
I know you've probably seen some of these, and you may or may not have had trouble with them. I'm here to show you a Glimmer and Gloom Hard version solution that works every day of the week ;)

It's actually really simple, and after a while, it becomes almost muscle memory! Thanks to @EgoLobster for showing me this solution!

THE SPACES AND WHAT I'M CALLING THEM:

A1 A2 A3 A4
B1 B2 B3 B4 B5
C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6
D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6 D7
E1 E2 E3 E4 E5 E6
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5
G1 G2 G3 G4

1. Look at the top row. All of them need to be Glimmer. So go ahead and solve it. (It's easy I promise.)

2. Do the same thing in the 2nd row. Make sure you don't click anything in the 2nd row, only clicking in the 3rd row!

3. Do the same thing for the 3rd row! REMEMBERRRR only click the spaces in the row BELOW it, or it will mess it up! (Of course you can always restart this whole method)

4. Now for the 4th row. Count the number of Gloom in that row. If it is odd, click every space in the 4th row. Now there will be an even number! Go ahead and solve by clicking the 5th row spaces needed.

5. The 5th row is tricky. If there is an odd number of Gloom, go ahead and click all the spaces in row 2, then C3, C5, and C6. Then go back and re-solve.

6. This time, there should be and even number of gloom in the 5th row. Go ahead and solve by clicking the 6th row spaces.

7. IF you end up solving by now, good! But if you haven't and you ended up with 2 spaces at the bottom that are practically unsolvable, do not fear! There is still hope! (lol) This actually is solvable! Click the following spaces in order: A1, B2, D3, E2, F1, A4, B4, D5, E5, F5. Then, try solving again.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask below, I will answer all of them at some point!

~ Green
tumblr_nw0kb5HKmh1udvy5wo1_400.gif
Is there a way to look ahead while solving row 3 so that row 4 comes out even? because HOW you solve row 3 can affect row 4.
Is there a way to look ahead while solving row 3 so that row 4 comes out even? because HOW you solve row 3 can affect row 4.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
@SassafrassGreen

Wow, this really helped! Thank you!
@SassafrassGreen

Wow, this really helped! Thank you!
2nNPLga.gif WLNxQwp.gif
@RoseMagic

Awesome! I'm glad :) If you have anymore questions feel free to message me!
@RoseMagic

Awesome! I'm glad :) If you have anymore questions feel free to message me!
@SassafrassGreen I've followed all the steps, but my last Gloom keeps getting stuck in the corner, sometimes with others that make it an even number and sometimes it's an odd number. Your steps don't seem to solve it. Help! [img]https://i.postimg.cc/289FB2dJ/Screenshot-158.png[/img] -Actually, I figured out that I followed the guide wrong. But my real problem is when there are Glooms in E6, G2, and G4. I can't seem to get rid of them.
@SassafrassGreen
I've followed all the steps, but my last Gloom keeps getting stuck in the corner, sometimes with others that make it an even number and sometimes it's an odd number. Your steps don't seem to solve it. Help!
Screenshot-158.png
-Actually, I figured out that I followed the guide wrong. But my real problem is when there are Glooms in E6, G2, and G4. I can't seem to get rid of them.
wind_rose_by_dogi_crimson-darmgv1.png
@Aquatic

With your picture, this is what I would do:
1. Click every tile in D and clear the tiles.
2. If E has an even number of gloom tiles, clear them. If not, click A2, B2, B4, B5, C2, C3, D2, D4, D5, D6, E1, E2, E3, E5, and E6. You should be able to clear row E now.
3. If F has an even number of gloom tiles, clear them. If not, click A3, B3, B5, C3, C4, C6, D3, D5, E2, E3, E4, E5, and E6. You should be able to clear the board now!

Hope that wasn't confusing, and welcome to FR!

@Aquatic

With your picture, this is what I would do:
1. Click every tile in D and clear the tiles.
2. If E has an even number of gloom tiles, clear them. If not, click A2, B2, B4, B5, C2, C3, D2, D4, D5, D6, E1, E2, E3, E5, and E6. You should be able to clear row E now.
3. If F has an even number of gloom tiles, clear them. If not, click A3, B3, B5, C3, C4, C6, D3, D5, E2, E3, E4, E5, and E6. You should be able to clear the board now!

Hope that wasn't confusing, and welcome to FR!

(she/her) i'll code this sometime
@clarybun
I- I was editing my post to say that I followed the steps wrong when you said that. Thanks, anyway!
@clarybun
I- I was editing my post to say that I followed the steps wrong when you said that. Thanks, anyway!
wind_rose_by_dogi_crimson-darmgv1.png
@Aquatic

Make sure all the tiles in the middle row are completed before moving on. If they are odd number of gloom, click all of the tiles in that row (middle). This will give you an even number of gloom, making it solvable!

@clarybun Thank you for helping them! I was away from FR at the time lol
@Aquatic

Make sure all the tiles in the middle row are completed before moving on. If they are odd number of gloom, click all of the tiles in that row (middle). This will give you an even number of gloom, making it solvable!

@clarybun Thank you for helping them! I was away from FR at the time lol
What do you mean by re-solve? do I need to click all the spaces?
What do you mean by re-solve? do I need to click all the spaces?
v886aA7.png
this helped me so much, thank you!
this helped me so much, thank you!
scruffy.png lckqq6P.png
1 2