Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to do skins and accents on mobile!
1 2
[center][/center][center]Hey there uwu that's a simple post so uhm yeah, right to the point. I wanted to create an accent for my dragons some weeks ago, but I can't afford any computer programs. As a mobile user, I couldn't find apps that supported psd files, and even googling about mobile skins/accents didn't help me at all. So, I've improvised a way of doing them without the psd's! I use IbisPaint X, on Android.[/center] [b][center]For accents[/center][/b] [center]go to the scrying workshop, make the dragon breed/gender you want fully white and with basic genes Add it to the first layer. OR add a pic of your dragon, so you can see how it will look like on the end. But in both options you will need the white dragon picture Be sure that you don't move, rotate or zoom the dragon image. [img]https://i.imgur.com/1eeh2f0.png[/img] Add a new layer -above- for coloring. Use the clipping tool so the colors you add keep inside the dragon's lineart. [img]https://i.imgur.com/8aR1uIZ.png[/img] Turn on the "multiply" blending mode to the accent's layer and you can start doing it. You will not need to worry about keeping it inside the dragon [img]https://i.imgur.com/w0Ce1Tu.png[/img] After finishing you accent, use the wand tool. Select everything around the dragon. Always check between wings and tails, you'll need to select everything out of the dragon's lineart. Still in the accent's layer, erase all you have selected [img]https://i.imgur.com/SvH1ln0.png[/img] After this, you'll un-clip the accent's layer. Get the dragon lineart layer above the accent and clip it. Use the blending mode to make the lineart, shadows and your accent visible. I usually use multiply or darken, but be sure to check more options, as some of them can slightly change the colors of your accent sometimes. [img]https://i.imgur.com/WDRIZ9B.png[/img] [/center] And you're done! Save the file into transparent png and it will be ready to submit [center][b]For skins[/b][/center] [center]This one is pretty easier than the accent, but basically the same thing Add your white dragon base, just like you did for the accent. Then add the skin layer above and clip it so you only fill inside the dragon's lineart. Add another white dragon layer above and use the blending mode to make the lines and shadows visible. [img]https://i.imgur.com/tbycnhf.png[/img] Feel free to add a blend mode to the color, and explore what you can get. Just always be sure that the lineart isn't modified at the end, and that all shadows are visible That's a very very simple post and not aesthetically pleasing but oof yup, sorry. I hope it helps some people over there ; u;[/center]
Hey there uwu that's a simple post so uhm yeah, right to the point.

I wanted to create an accent for my dragons some weeks ago, but I can't afford any computer programs. As a mobile user, I couldn't find apps that supported psd files, and even googling about mobile skins/accents didn't help me at all. So, I've improvised a way of doing them without the psd's! I use IbisPaint X, on Android.

For accents

go to the scrying workshop, make the dragon breed/gender you want fully white and with basic genes

Add it to the first layer. OR add a pic of your dragon, so you can see how it will look like on the end. But in both options you will need the white dragon picture
Be sure that you don't move, rotate or zoom the dragon image.
1eeh2f0.png

Add a new layer -above- for coloring. Use the clipping tool so the colors you add keep inside the dragon's lineart.
8aR1uIZ.png

Turn on the "multiply" blending mode to the accent's layer and you can start doing it. You will not need to worry about keeping it inside the dragon
w0Ce1Tu.png

After finishing you accent, use the wand tool. Select everything around the dragon. Always check between wings and tails, you'll need to select everything out of the dragon's lineart.
Still in the accent's layer, erase all you have selected
SvH1ln0.png

After this, you'll un-clip the accent's layer. Get the dragon lineart layer above the accent and clip it. Use the blending mode to make the lineart, shadows and your accent visible. I usually use multiply or darken, but be sure to check more options, as some of them can slightly change the colors of your accent sometimes.
WDRIZ9B.png

And you're done! Save the file into transparent png and it will be ready to submit
For skins

This one is pretty easier than the accent, but basically the same thing
Add your white dragon base, just like you did for the accent. Then add the skin layer above and clip it so you only fill inside the dragon's lineart. Add another white dragon layer above and use the blending mode to make the lines and shadows visible.
tbycnhf.png
Feel free to add a blend mode to the color, and explore what you can get. Just always be sure that the lineart isn't modified at the end, and that all shadows are visible

That's a very very simple post and not aesthetically pleasing but oof yup, sorry. I hope it helps some people over there ; u;
@Eeveeloverrr ilysm omg
thank you so much rrrreeeeeeeeee
@Eeveeloverrr ilysm omg
thank you so much rrrreeeeeeeeee
@Eeveeloverrr

How come I can’t get the lineart to not be affected by the accent? I’ve followed everything, the only problem is if I use a different it overrides the lines...?

Edit: I figured it out :) Thank you for the guide!
@Eeveeloverrr

How come I can’t get the lineart to not be affected by the accent? I’ve followed everything, the only problem is if I use a different it overrides the lines...?

Edit: I figured it out :) Thank you for the guide!
OOf4SrF.gif 2330070.pngOOf4SrF.gif 2vju4wg.jpg
Thanks for the guide! This will be very useful!
Thanks for the guide! This will be very useful!
J7D1quC.png
0zy2W7P.png
LEpJMnn.png
jA5A7gu.png
@slaytheist
for later use!
@slaytheist
for later use!
5892c5c340f5264298ab03b35ff0dcfa32e5c846.pnga3abe3a57fa73e1e4d20440c93f392df4a1de2b2.png99d546c5f2f73a91e494a877b318b5fe2cc494d0.png
Oh nice, thanks for making this guide my dude!! @SteampunkLlama for future reference
Oh nice, thanks for making this guide my dude!! @SteampunkLlama for future reference
BhNPnkO.gif
B l e s s
B l e s s
vbbuHj.png FR -1
LF: BANANA, ROSE, & ROBIN
mEb1lVG.png
@eeveeloverrr

When I do the ssecond step and do the clipping, it makes me color the ACTUAL lineart. Any help?
@eeveeloverrr

When I do the ssecond step and do the clipping, it makes me color the ACTUAL lineart. Any help?
Star.png
Poetry:
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3127355/1#post_50986043
hey thank u for this!! is there a good way to download the image for the morphology tho? I usually get a low res image
hey thank u for this!! is there a good way to download the image for the morphology tho? I usually get a low res image
tumblr_pv6q74a5yG1r0kzmno1_400.jpg
Thank you so much!! I always thought I couldn’t do skins, but I have that program and I could in the future! Thanks!
Thank you so much!! I always thought I couldn’t do skins, but I have that program and I could in the future! Thanks!
If you’re reading this, know that you’re loved
1 2