Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [WIP] Guide to Selling Dragons
1 2
This guide is still under construction. Please do not post until I have finished preparations.

When finished, this will be a detailed guide on pricing and selling dragons. I'm making this guide in the hopes of helping others to find a fair price for their dragons. Whether you're a fresh newbie selling your progenitor's kids, or a veteran player trying to auction their XXY G1, this guide is for you.

This is intended as a beginner's guide to how the dragon market works, and how to efficiently price and sell your dragons for reasonable profit. If you are looking for advice on a specific aspect of sales, please see the Directory.

The final guide will include;
  • An introduction to the dragon market, exalting and fodder, G:T ratios, and overall what you can expect to encounter when selling dragons.
  • General guidelines on what can increase or decrease a dragon's value, and which points of interest will be relevant to your buyers.
  • A walkthrough on the different ways one can sell a dragon, including flat sales, forum auctions, and price negotiation.
  • Separate explanations on the markets of G1s and non-G1s.
  • Links to various helpful resources, including links to hoarder associations and other guides on pricing and selling. This is not a guide on selling items; Ygdrasill has a great guide for that.
  • FAQs and answers, from defining terms like "fodder floor," to a more in-depth explanation of the exalting mechanic and how it affects the market, I will answer common questions about the dragon market.
If you have questions regarding the topic at hand, please send them to me via PM. They may be included as part of the FAQ in the final version, though you will remain anonymous.

If you would like to be pinged when the guide is ready, please leave a comment on my userpage. The comments will be deleted, but you will be added to a pinglist and notified when the thread is complete.

If you are interested in helping me create this guide, send me a PM and we can discuss what is needed. I am chiefly seeking recommendations for other guides, coding formatters, visual aids (screenshot examples of auction threads, AH listings, etc.) and questions to be answered in the FAQ.
This guide is still under construction. Please do not post until I have finished preparations.

When finished, this will be a detailed guide on pricing and selling dragons. I'm making this guide in the hopes of helping others to find a fair price for their dragons. Whether you're a fresh newbie selling your progenitor's kids, or a veteran player trying to auction their XXY G1, this guide is for you.

This is intended as a beginner's guide to how the dragon market works, and how to efficiently price and sell your dragons for reasonable profit. If you are looking for advice on a specific aspect of sales, please see the Directory.

The final guide will include;
  • An introduction to the dragon market, exalting and fodder, G:T ratios, and overall what you can expect to encounter when selling dragons.
  • General guidelines on what can increase or decrease a dragon's value, and which points of interest will be relevant to your buyers.
  • A walkthrough on the different ways one can sell a dragon, including flat sales, forum auctions, and price negotiation.
  • Separate explanations on the markets of G1s and non-G1s.
  • Links to various helpful resources, including links to hoarder associations and other guides on pricing and selling. This is not a guide on selling items; Ygdrasill has a great guide for that.
  • FAQs and answers, from defining terms like "fodder floor," to a more in-depth explanation of the exalting mechanic and how it affects the market, I will answer common questions about the dragon market.
If you have questions regarding the topic at hand, please send them to me via PM. They may be included as part of the FAQ in the final version, though you will remain anonymous.

If you would like to be pinged when the guide is ready, please leave a comment on my userpage. The comments will be deleted, but you will be added to a pinglist and notified when the thread is complete.

If you are interested in helping me create this guide, send me a PM and we can discuss what is needed. I am chiefly seeking recommendations for other guides, coding formatters, visual aids (screenshot examples of auction threads, AH listings, etc.) and questions to be answered in the FAQ.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
The Directory
  1. Introduction
  2. Rules To Sell By
  3. Exalting and Dominance
  4. The Perfect Price
  5. First Generation Dragons
    1. What's G1?
    2. Colors and Value
  6. Selling with the Forums
    1. Hatcheries
    2. Flat Sales
    3. Running an Auction

1. Introduction to the dragon market
  2. Exalting explanation
  3. Points of interest
  4. General pricing guidelines
  5. How to flatsale
  6. How to auction
  7. FAQ
  8. Links & resources

DIRECTORY
  1. Introduction
  2. For Newbies
  3. Dominance & Exalting
  4. G2+
  5. First Generation
  6. How to run an auction

The Directory
  1. Introduction
  2. Rules To Sell By
  3. Exalting and Dominance
  4. The Perfect Price
  5. First Generation Dragons
    1. What's G1?
    2. Colors and Value
  6. Selling with the Forums
    1. Hatcheries
    2. Flat Sales
    3. Running an Auction

1. Introduction to the dragon market
  2. Exalting explanation
  3. Points of interest
  4. General pricing guidelines
  5. How to flatsale
  6. How to auction
  7. FAQ
  8. Links & resources

DIRECTORY
  1. Introduction
  2. For Newbies
  3. Dominance & Exalting
  4. G2+
  5. First Generation
  6. How to run an auction

XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares

-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
Welcome to Flight Rising!

If you are reading this, you are likely trying to sell a dragon.
Good news; you're not alone!

The dragon market is a highly lucrative aspect of Flight Rising. Breeding, hatching, buying, selling, and exalting dragons are all vital to the nature and community of the game. With so much competition & variety, pricing dragons can be daunting...which is why I'm writing this.

At its core, the dragon market all comes down to someone's personal preference. You probably don't plan to fill your lair with dragons you find ugly or unappealing, and the same goes for the vast majority of players you will interact with. Whatever your tastes, Flight Rising is ultimately a game about collecting dragons you like, and customizing your lair as you see fit.

Of course, this makes things difficult right away, for buyers and sellers alike. For every dragon on the market, it's pretty likely that someone out there would adore that dragon, and snap them up without hesitation. The problem is that it can take a while for that someone to find your listing, and in the meantime, your dragon will take up valuable food & lair space that you could be using for the dragons you actually plan to keep.

On the flip side, you can't just press a button and get the perfect dragon with all the pretty apparel you wanted. Depending on your preferences, you may need to hatch a lot of eggs, scour the Auction House, contact other players to ask about buying/borrowing a dragon, rent nests from other flights...the list goes on. Even if you ignore the forums entirely, you'll have to interact with someone along the wa.y

This is a general guide aiming to encompass the biggest aspects of the dragon market. Whether you're curious about what makes the market go 'round, or you're trying to find out what your dragons could sell for, this guide is for you.

It is written in mind for someone with zero experience in buying or selling dragons, but hopefully accessible to newbies and veteran players alike.

Please see the Directory below.

Before reading this guide, I recommend brushing up on the official Rules & Policies of Flight Rising. Not only is it mandatory for the site, but many rules are relevant to the market itself.
Welcome to Flight Rising!

If you are reading this, you are likely trying to sell a dragon.
Good news; you're not alone!

The dragon market is a highly lucrative aspect of Flight Rising. Breeding, hatching, buying, selling, and exalting dragons are all vital to the nature and community of the game. With so much competition & variety, pricing dragons can be daunting...which is why I'm writing this.

At its core, the dragon market all comes down to someone's personal preference. You probably don't plan to fill your lair with dragons you find ugly or unappealing, and the same goes for the vast majority of players you will interact with. Whatever your tastes, Flight Rising is ultimately a game about collecting dragons you like, and customizing your lair as you see fit.

Of course, this makes things difficult right away, for buyers and sellers alike. For every dragon on the market, it's pretty likely that someone out there would adore that dragon, and snap them up without hesitation. The problem is that it can take a while for that someone to find your listing, and in the meantime, your dragon will take up valuable food & lair space that you could be using for the dragons you actually plan to keep.

On the flip side, you can't just press a button and get the perfect dragon with all the pretty apparel you wanted. Depending on your preferences, you may need to hatch a lot of eggs, scour the Auction House, contact other players to ask about buying/borrowing a dragon, rent nests from other flights...the list goes on. Even if you ignore the forums entirely, you'll have to interact with someone along the wa.y

This is a general guide aiming to encompass the biggest aspects of the dragon market. Whether you're curious about what makes the market go 'round, or you're trying to find out what your dragons could sell for, this guide is for you.

It is written in mind for someone with zero experience in buying or selling dragons, but hopefully accessible to newbies and veteran players alike.

Please see the Directory below.

Before reading this guide, I recommend brushing up on the official Rules & Policies of Flight Rising. Not only is it mandatory for the site, but many rules are relevant to the market itself.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares

-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
[b]EXALTING AND DOMINANCE[/b] On Flight Rising, there is no limit to the number of dragons. Thousands are being hatched, and the only thing slowing them down are lair space and breeding cooldowns! At the time of writing, we have surpassed 60 million total, and as the number of active users grows, the population increases by the day. However, there's nowhere near enough lair space or server space to accommodate them all! Lair expansions and Hibernal Den slots are [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1495175#post_1495175]comically expensive[/url], and it weighs down on the game's servers to process so many dragons at once! This is where the "Exalting" mechanic comes in. If you're unfamiliar with exalting and its reputation, [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2009451#post_2009451]Exalting and You: A PSA[/url] explains the mechanic in depth, and debunks many of the nasty rumors surrounding it. I highly recommend it for anyone confused on exalting and what it means for the site, whether you're new or simply haven't settled in. According to [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2125195/176#post_32568512]official site lore[/url], "exalting" sends a dragon to work under your deity. Which deity they go to depends on the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/world-map]flight[/url] you are in. [quote name="Aequorin"][quote]How do dragons, in lore, compete for Dominance ? By sending themselves off to be exalted and the like ? Where do they even go, if so, to "exalt" themselves ?[/quote] Dragons exalted to serve their deities will work as an army dedicated fully to advancing the agendas of their god. Typically they don't receive direct instructions, and will try and secure borders and expand territory, drive out Beastclans, and eradicate Shade remnants. Not all of this is done through fighting, as many dragons that are exalted up through the ranks of their flight will serve as hunters, messengers, craftsmen, architects, scientists, scholars, and healers.[/quote] [rule] From a player's perspective, [b]exalting permanently removes a dragon from the game.[/b] There is a button on every dragon's page to exalt them. It will give you an "Are you sure?" pop-up before continuing. Once you have selected "Exalt Dragon," they are immediately removed from your lair, where they cannot be interacted with beyond admiring them atop the pillar of your flight's element. Exalting is also the only way to remove your progenitors (the two dragons that appeared when you started the game) from your lair. They are tied to your account, and they cannot be sold, traded, or removed otherwise. Sadly, you will not receive any rewards, regardless of their level. If you exalted by mistake, you can use [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/support/dragon-restoration]Dragon Restoration![/url] This handy feature lets you restore your progenitors at any time, and restore one exalted dragon every 90 days, provided they were exalted within the last two weeks. If you're worried about accidental exalting, simply give the dragon a skin, familiar, or apparel item so that they cannot be exalted. [rule] Game-wise, exalting has multiple benefits. When you exalt a dragon, you also get an immediate [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/746775#post_746775]Treasure reward[/url] depending on their Coliseum level! There's even a chance for a few Gems every now and then. Exalted dragons take up less space on the game's servers AND it frees up space in your lair, making the site run smoother and your lair look cleaner! Perhaps most importantly, exalting is what affects [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=dominance]Dominance[/url]; a weekly competition for all flights to exalt the most dragons! The top 3 winners receive certain bonuses for the following week, including Marketplace discounts and extra [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=gather]Gathering[/url] turns! Several flights have an active community centered around Dominance, and many battles are planned with fun events! [rule] [b]"So, what does this have to do with selling dragons?"[/b] As I have said before, value is determined by supply and demand. With an infinite amount of dragons, supply would totally outweigh demand, resulting in the value of a dragon dropping to nothing. Thankfully, exalting helps the dragon market as well! You may have heard the phrase "fodder floor" a few times. The fodder floor is the lowest price for an adult dragon on the Auction House, usually in Treasure. The fodder floor is a good starting point when understanding the market; as a general rule of thumb, any dragon you've listed at fodder price is almost guaranteed to sell quicker than if they were listed for higher. [b]"Wait, then what's the problem with exalting?"[/b] While exalting is considered "the highest honor" within official site lore, the bias against exalting is entirely due to player interactions, and clashing play styles. According to the official rules on [url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004996703-Dragon-Ownership]Dragon Ownership[/url], once a dragon has left your lair, it is no longer "yours," and you cannot control what happens to it. However, especially for inexperienced players, it is very easy to become attached to a dragon, and to feel hurt when you find that the dragon you sold has been exalted. When battles over Dominance get heated, both flights are buying up as many cheap dragons to level and exalt as possible. This raises the demand, and allows sellers to raise their prices in turn. This can result in the fodder floor going up from 7kt or less, to 20kt or more. In one heated battle of Nature vs. Plague, I saw fodder prices reach 30,000 Treasure per adult dragon! This can be a problem when someone has listed a dragon only slightly above fodder price in the hopes that they won't be instantly exalted - which, during a Dominance battle, goes completely out the window. Many find it disheartening to sell their pretty hatchlings, only to find them exalted before the day is done. [rule] So, to recap; exalting is a vital aspect of the game that keeps the wheels of Flight Rising turning. It gives us a way to reduce server lag, leaves enough lair space open for dragons we actually want to keep, and introduces a steady flow of Treasure into the economy. During Dominance battles, the demand for exalt fodder allows sellers and breeders to make extra cash for otherwise cheap dragons. Though what constitutes as "fodder" is subjective from player to player, it's important remember that [i]any[/i] dragon can potentially be exalted - regardless of value, the vast majority of dragons on the site have been exalted to the gods.
EXALTING AND DOMINANCE

On Flight Rising, there is no limit to the number of dragons. Thousands are being hatched, and the only thing slowing them down are lair space and breeding cooldowns! At the time of writing, we have surpassed 60 million total, and as the number of active users grows, the population increases by the day.

However, there's nowhere near enough lair space or server space to accommodate them all! Lair expansions and Hibernal Den slots are comically expensive, and it weighs down on the game's servers to process so many dragons at once! This is where the "Exalting" mechanic comes in.

If you're unfamiliar with exalting and its reputation, Exalting and You: A PSA explains the mechanic in depth, and debunks many of the nasty rumors surrounding it. I highly recommend it for anyone confused on exalting and what it means for the site, whether you're new or simply haven't settled in.

According to official site lore, "exalting" sends a dragon to work under your deity. Which deity they go to depends on the flight you are in.
Aequorin wrote:
Quote:
How do dragons, in lore, compete for Dominance ? By sending themselves off to be exalted and the like ? Where do they even go, if so, to "exalt" themselves ?
Dragons exalted to serve their deities will work as an army dedicated fully to advancing the agendas of their god. Typically they don't receive direct instructions, and will try and secure borders and expand territory, drive out Beastclans, and eradicate Shade remnants.

Not all of this is done through fighting, as many dragons that are exalted up through the ranks of their flight will serve as hunters, messengers, craftsmen, architects, scientists, scholars, and healers.

From a player's perspective, exalting permanently removes a dragon from the game. There is a button on every dragon's page to exalt them. It will give you an "Are you sure?" pop-up before continuing. Once you have selected "Exalt Dragon," they are immediately removed from your lair, where they cannot be interacted with beyond admiring them atop the pillar of your flight's element.

Exalting is also the only way to remove your progenitors (the two dragons that appeared when you started the game) from your lair. They are tied to your account, and they cannot be sold, traded, or removed otherwise. Sadly, you will not receive any rewards, regardless of their level.

If you exalted by mistake, you can use Dragon Restoration! This handy feature lets you restore your progenitors at any time, and restore one exalted dragon every 90 days, provided they were exalted within the last two weeks. If you're worried about accidental exalting, simply give the dragon a skin, familiar, or apparel item so that they cannot be exalted.

Game-wise, exalting has multiple benefits. When you exalt a dragon, you also get an immediate Treasure reward depending on their Coliseum level! There's even a chance for a few Gems every now and then. Exalted dragons take up less space on the game's servers AND it frees up space in your lair, making the site run smoother and your lair look cleaner!

Perhaps most importantly, exalting is what affects Dominance; a weekly competition for all flights to exalt the most dragons! The top 3 winners receive certain bonuses for the following week, including Marketplace discounts and extra Gathering turns! Several flights have an active community centered around Dominance, and many battles are planned with fun events!
"So, what does this have to do with selling dragons?"
As I have said before, value is determined by supply and demand. With an infinite amount of dragons, supply would totally outweigh demand, resulting in the value of a dragon dropping to nothing. Thankfully, exalting helps the dragon market as well!

You may have heard the phrase "fodder floor" a few times. The fodder floor is the lowest price for an adult dragon on the Auction House, usually in Treasure. The fodder floor is a good starting point when understanding the market; as a general rule of thumb, any dragon you've listed at fodder price is almost guaranteed to sell quicker than if they were listed for higher.

"Wait, then what's the problem with exalting?"
While exalting is considered "the highest honor" within official site lore, the bias against exalting is entirely due to player interactions, and clashing play styles.

According to the official rules on Dragon Ownership, once a dragon has left your lair, it is no longer "yours," and you cannot control what happens to it. However, especially for inexperienced players, it is very easy to become attached to a dragon, and to feel hurt when you find that the dragon you sold has been exalted.

When battles over Dominance get heated, both flights are buying up as many cheap dragons to level and exalt as possible. This raises the demand, and allows sellers to raise their prices in turn. This can result in the fodder floor going up from 7kt or less, to 20kt or more. In one heated battle of Nature vs. Plague, I saw fodder prices reach 30,000 Treasure per adult dragon!

This can be a problem when someone has listed a dragon only slightly above fodder price in the hopes that they won't be instantly exalted - which, during a Dominance battle, goes completely out the window. Many find it disheartening to sell their pretty hatchlings, only to find them exalted before the day is done.
So, to recap; exalting is a vital aspect of the game that keeps the wheels of Flight Rising turning. It gives us a way to reduce server lag, leaves enough lair space open for dragons we actually want to keep, and introduces a steady flow of Treasure into the economy.

During Dominance battles, the demand for exalt fodder allows sellers and breeders to make extra cash for otherwise cheap dragons. Though what constitutes as "fodder" is subjective from player to player, it's important remember that any dragon can potentially be exalted - regardless of value, the vast majority of dragons on the site have been exalted to the gods.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares

-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
DETERMINING VALUE (heavily WIP) The dragon market is nothing if not subjective; your ugliest fodder might be someone's dream dragon, and vice versa. There's no singular trait that will universally guarantee high value and explosive popularity among the entire site. However, there are a variety of distinct qualities that can make your dragons desirable or undesirable to your prospective buyers. The market is home to many niche interests that are worth a lot of money to certain players, while others wouldn't pay a single piece of Treasure, or even take it for free. Keep these qualities in mind when pricing or advertising a dragon; some traits might be worth far more or less money than you expected. [rule] [emoji=money bag] - Indicates a [b]valuable trait[/b] that can add value to a dragon in the general market. If a dragon has one or more of these qualities, they would be considered more valuable than an otherwise identical dragon without them. [emoji=mystery bag] - Indicates a [b]neutral trait[/b], usually an uncommon niche that some players find desirable. While this may catch the interest of more buyers, it doesn't guarantee a higher price tag in the market overall. If dedicated collectors exist, they might be willing to pay a little extra. [emoji=red money bag] - Indicates a [b]negative quality[/b] that may reduce a dragon's value or desirability. Until you find a buyer who doesn't care, or might even like it that way, you'd have a harder time finding a buyer compared to an otherwise identical dragon without this quality. [rule] [b][size=5][u]COMMON[/u][/size][/b] [item=mystery bag][b][size=4]GEN 2[/size][/b] If Gen 1 dragons are so valuable, surely a Gen 2 dragon - born from two G1 parents - would inherit some value? Well...not really. Considering the fact that everyone starts with two The exception is G2 Imperials. [b][size=5][u]UNCOMMON[/u][/size][/b] [b][size=5][u]LIMITED[/u][/size][/b] [b][size=5][u]RARE[/u][/size][/b] [columns][emoji=money bag][indent][nextcol][size=4][b][u]LEVEL 25[/u][/b][/size][/columns] If you have an efficient Coliseum build for leveling dragons, and some patience for the Coliseum itself, any dragon's value can benefit from achieving Level 25. This means that your buyer will be able to use them in the Coliseum straight away, which is a huge time-saver if they didn't have much prior experience in the Coliseum. [emoji=money bag] [size=4][b]BATTLESTONES[/b][/size] Before selling a dragon, check them out in the Coliseum. If they weren't too unique before. Due to its high damage and breath refund when you defeat an enemy with it, [gamedb item=498] is considered a must-have for anyone who wants to get serious about the Coliseum. [i]However[/i], if the dragon currently doesn't have stones, I would not recommend adding them to make the dragon "more valuable." More often than not, you can make more profit by selling the stone and the dragon separately. [emoji=money bag] [b][size=4]LOW-DIGIT ID NUMBERS[/size][/b] Older dragons have a distinct advantage in the market; while eye types and color combinations can simply be bred for, we can't exactly make more dragons that were born in 2013. However, the value of "oldies" is not just determined by their date of birth, but by their ID numbers. [emoji=mystery bag] [b][size=4]SPECIAL ID NUMBERS[/size][/b] This can overlap with low digits, but are still uniquely valuable on their own. - repeating numbers [emoji=mystery bag] [b][size=4]CERTAIN HATCHDATES[/size][/b] From personal birthdays to real-life holidays, many users seek out certain dragons with a particular date of hatching. As there is no way to search for dragons by hatchday in the Auction House, it's much more efficient to post them on the forums in case anyone is looking. [b][size=4]RECENT GENES[/size][/b] [b][size=4]NO OFFSPRING[/size][/b] [b][size=4]MATCHING EYES[/size][/b] While some players are fine with using eye-covering apparel to finish a certain dragon, matching eye colors can be quite desirable. [b][size=4]MATCHING COLORS[/size][/b] [b][size=4]GEN 2[/size][/b] Since Gen 1 dragons are so valuable, surely a Gen 2 dragon - born from G1 parents - would be valuable? Well...not really. When you make your account, each player is given 2 dragons; one they choose the colors for themselves, and one [b][size=4][/size][/b] [emoji=red money bag] [b][size=4]OFFSPRING LISTS / UNNAMED OFFSPRING[/size][/b] Without a doubt, one of the most damning aspects a dragon can have. The name of the game is customization. A freshly-hatched dragon starts off as a blank slate for their owner to determine; will you be a valued and beloved lore dragon, or exalt fodder? When a dragon has been bred, there is no way to hide the offspring list, or change the names of hatchlings that aren't in your lair. [rule] [b][size=5][u]NOT APPLICABLE[/u][/size][/b] [b][size=4]PROGENITORS[/size][/b] The two dragons that first appeared in your lair when you started playing the game. Everyone only gets two, and they [i][b]cannot be sold or traded to another player[/b][/i]. This means that no matter how pretty you made that custom dragon, you won't be able to sell them for cash. The only way to remove them from your lair is to exalt them, but don't worry about regretting it - you can always use [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/support/dragon-restoration]Dragon Restoration[/url] to bring them back! [b][size=4][/size][/b] [b][size=4][/size][/b]
DETERMINING VALUE (heavily WIP)

The dragon market is nothing if not subjective; your ugliest fodder might be someone's dream dragon, and vice versa. There's no singular trait that will universally guarantee high value and explosive popularity among the entire site.

However, there are a variety of distinct qualities that can make your dragons desirable or undesirable to your prospective buyers. The market is home to many niche interests that are worth a lot of money to certain players, while others wouldn't pay a single piece of Treasure, or even take it for free.

Keep these qualities in mind when pricing or advertising a dragon; some traits might be worth far more or less money than you expected.
- Indicates a valuable trait that can add value to a dragon in the general market. If a dragon has one or more of these qualities, they would be considered more valuable than an otherwise identical dragon without them.

- Indicates a neutral trait, usually an uncommon niche that some players find desirable. While this may catch the interest of more buyers, it doesn't guarantee a higher price tag in the market overall. If dedicated collectors exist, they might be willing to pay a little extra.

- Indicates a negative quality that may reduce a dragon's value or desirability. Until you find a buyer who doesn't care, or might even like it that way, you'd have a harder time finding a buyer compared to an otherwise identical dragon without this quality.
COMMON

GEN 2
If Gen 1 dragons are so valuable, surely a Gen 2 dragon - born from two G1 parents - would inherit some value? Well...not really. Considering the fact that everyone starts with two

The exception is G2 Imperials.

UNCOMMON

LIMITED

RARE

LEVEL 25
If you have an efficient Coliseum build for leveling dragons, and some patience for the Coliseum itself, any dragon's value can benefit from achieving Level 25. This means that your buyer will be able to use them in the Coliseum straight away, which is a huge time-saver if they didn't have much prior experience in the Coliseum.

BATTLESTONES
Before selling a dragon, check them out in the Coliseum. If they weren't too unique before.

Due to its high damage and breath refund when you defeat an enemy with it, Eliminate is considered a must-have for anyone who wants to get serious about the Coliseum.

However, if the dragon currently doesn't have stones, I would not recommend adding them to make the dragon "more valuable." More often than not, you can make more profit by selling the stone and the dragon separately.

LOW-DIGIT ID NUMBERS
Older dragons have a distinct advantage in the market; while eye types and color combinations can simply be bred for, we can't exactly make more dragons that were born in 2013. However, the value of "oldies" is not just determined by their date of birth, but by their ID numbers.

SPECIAL ID NUMBERS
This can overlap with low digits, but are still uniquely valuable on their own.

- repeating numbers

CERTAIN HATCHDATES
From personal birthdays to real-life holidays, many users seek out certain dragons with a particular date of hatching. As there is no way to search for dragons by hatchday in the Auction House, it's much more efficient to post them on the forums in case anyone is looking.

RECENT GENES

NO OFFSPRING

MATCHING EYES
While some players are fine with using eye-covering apparel to finish a certain dragon, matching eye colors can be quite desirable.

MATCHING COLORS

GEN 2
Since Gen 1 dragons are so valuable, surely a Gen 2 dragon - born from G1 parents - would be valuable? Well...not really. When you make your account, each player is given 2 dragons; one they choose the colors for themselves, and one

OFFSPRING LISTS / UNNAMED OFFSPRING
Without a doubt, one of the most damning aspects a dragon can have.
The name of the game is customization. A freshly-hatched dragon starts off as a blank slate for their owner to determine; will you be a valued and beloved lore dragon, or exalt fodder?

When a dragon has been bred, there is no way to hide the offspring list, or change the names of hatchlings that aren't in your lair.
NOT APPLICABLE

PROGENITORS
The two dragons that first appeared in your lair when you started playing the game. Everyone only gets two, and they cannot be sold or traded to another player. This means that no matter how pretty you made that custom dragon, you won't be able to sell them for cash.

The only way to remove them from your lair is to exalt them, but don't worry about regretting it - you can always use Dragon Restoration to bring them back!

XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares

-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
RULES TO REMEMBER

None of these are official Flight Rising rules; you can choose to follow them or ignore them. However, these are the rules I've personally written for myself when selling dragons, and following them has made my
  1. Exalting is not bad, and should be expected.

Bottom line; exalting happens, and it needs to happen. It's not equivalent to "killing" a dragon, and it's rarely intended as an attack or insult. It's a core mechanic of Flight Rising, and it keeps the dragon economy stable and profitable. Accepting this fact will make your life on Flight Rising so much easier.

The only way to totally prevent someone else from exalting a dragon is to keep it in your lair; once they have left your lair, the dragon is no longer yours. If you're offended that someone might exalt a dragon you sold, I highly suggest ditching that baggage before you sell a single dragon.

For further explanation on how exalting affects the dragon market, please read [the following post]. The better you understand exalting, the better your sales will be.
  2. Sales are a balance between patience and profit.
    Sellers want to get the most money out of the products they don't need. Buyers want to spend the least they possibly can to acquire what they want. Sales happen somewhere in the middle of that balance.
  3. TEXT
  4. TEXT
  5. TEXT
  6. TEXT
  7. TEXT

The buyer is not your enemy.
RULES TO REMEMBER

None of these are official Flight Rising rules; you can choose to follow them or ignore them. However, these are the rules I've personally written for myself when selling dragons, and following them has made my
  1. Exalting is not bad, and should be expected.

Bottom line; exalting happens, and it needs to happen. It's not equivalent to "killing" a dragon, and it's rarely intended as an attack or insult. It's a core mechanic of Flight Rising, and it keeps the dragon economy stable and profitable. Accepting this fact will make your life on Flight Rising so much easier.

The only way to totally prevent someone else from exalting a dragon is to keep it in your lair; once they have left your lair, the dragon is no longer yours. If you're offended that someone might exalt a dragon you sold, I highly suggest ditching that baggage before you sell a single dragon.

For further explanation on how exalting affects the dragon market, please read [the following post]. The better you understand exalting, the better your sales will be.
  2. Sales are a balance between patience and profit.
    Sellers want to get the most money out of the products they don't need. Buyers want to spend the least they possibly can to acquire what they want. Sales happen somewhere in the middle of that balance.
  3. TEXT
  4. TEXT
  5. TEXT
  6. TEXT
  7. TEXT

The buyer is not your enemy.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares

-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
HELPFUL LINKS

A handy list of all the other guides I've referenced here.
A list of dragon collectors' associations.
HELPFUL LINKS

A handy list of all the other guides I've referenced here.
A list of dragon collectors' associations.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares

-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
Breeding

The color of your offspring will be randomized within the smallest range between their parents' colors. A dragon's genes will not affect the color of their offspring, nor will their color affect the gene rarity.
Breeding

The color of your offspring will be randomized within the smallest range between their parents' colors. A dragon's genes will not affect the color of their offspring, nor will their color affect the gene rarity.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares

-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
This is the most basic version of my layout for displaying dragons. I use these layouts to display as much relevant information as possible so it can easily be accessed. You are free to customize it according to your needs. [center][size=4][b]NOTE:[/b] All examples are for display purposes only. None of these dragons are actually for sale.[/size][/center] DISPLAY - best for price checks, interest checks, and auctions. [columns][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/12][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/1/12_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][center][size=6][u][b]Firage[/b][/u][/size] [size=4][i](12)[/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_male.png[/img] Imperial [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/fire_rune_20.png[/img] [i]Red tiger Crimson Seraph Fire Glimmer[/i] [i]G1 Imperial[/i][/columns] [code][columns][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/39457125][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/394572/39457125_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][center][size=6][u][b]NAME[/b][/u][/size] [size=4][i](ID number)[/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_female.png[/img] Breed [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/light_rune_20.png[/img] [i]Color Gene Color Gene Color Gene[/i] [i]EXTRA INFORMATION WOULD GO HERE[/i][/columns][/code] SCRY PREVIEW - For oldies, G1s, or otherwise "potential gene project" dragons. [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=128&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=4&gender=1&tert=49&tertgene=10&winggene=22&wings=155&auth=2a865896aff27b998a20d2ccade524c2bb03c62b&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol][center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/40797980][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/407980/40797980.png[/img][/url] [size=6][u][b]NAME[/b][/u][/size] [size=4][i](ID number)[/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_female.png[/img] Breed [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/water_rune_20.png[/img] [i]Color Gene Color Gene Color Gene Eye Type[/i][/columns] Here is an example of the layout in action, featuring an dragon I exalted. PURCHASE - if the dragon is listed on the Auction House, you can add a helpful button for easier purchase! [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=128&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=4&gender=1&tert=49&tertgene=10&winggene=22&wings=155&auth=2a865896aff27b998a20d2ccade524c2bb03c62b&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol][center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/40797980][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/407980/40797980.png[/img][/url] [size=6][u][b]Unnamed[/b][/u][/size] [size=4][i](40797980)[/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_female.png[/img] Nocturne [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/water_rune_20.png[/img] [i]Grapefruit Basic Chartreuse Basic Tangerine Basic Water Common[/i] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy-dragon/IDGOESHERE][img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/button_buyauction.png[/img][/url][/columns] [code]```[columns][img]SCRY URL GOES HERE[/img][nextcol][center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/ID GOES HERE][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/COPY THE TWO ID NUMBERS/FROM "GENERATE CODE" HERE.png[/img][/url] [size=6][u][b]NAME[/b][/u][/size] [size=4][i](ID NUMBER)[/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_GENDER.png[/img] BREED [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/FLIGHT_rune_20.png[/img] [i]COLOR GENE COLOR GENE COLOR GENE EYE TYPE OTHER RELEVANT INFO HERE[/i] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy-dragon/ID GOES HERE][img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/button_buyauction.png[/img][/url][/columns]```[/code] [columns][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/32519340][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/325194/32519340_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][center][size=6][u][b]Tybal[/b][/u][/size] [size=4][i](32519340)[/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_male.png[/img] Tundra [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/plague_rune_20.png[/img] [i]Dust Cherub Raspberry Shimmer Blood Underbelly[/i]
This is the most basic version of my layout for displaying dragons. I use these layouts to display as much relevant information as possible so it can easily be accessed. You are free to customize it according to your needs.
NOTE: All examples are for display purposes only.
None of these dragons are actually for sale.

DISPLAY - best for price checks, interest checks, and auctions.
12_350.png
Firage
(12)

small_male.png Imperial fire_rune_20.png

Red tiger
Crimson Seraph
Fire Glimmer

G1 Imperial
Code:
[columns][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/39457125][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/394572/39457125_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][center][size=6][u][b]NAME[/b][/u][/size] [size=4][i](ID number)[/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_female.png[/img] Breed [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/light_rune_20.png[/img] [i]Color Gene Color Gene Color Gene[/i] [i]EXTRA INFORMATION WOULD GO HERE[/i][/columns]

SCRY PREVIEW - For oldies, G1s, or otherwise "potential gene project" dragons.
dragon?age=1&body=128&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=4&gender=1&tert=49&tertgene=10&winggene=22&wings=155&auth=2a865896aff27b998a20d2ccade524c2bb03c62b&dummyext=prev.png
40797980.png
NAME
(ID number)

small_female.png Breed water_rune_20.png

Color Gene
Color Gene
Color Gene

Eye Type

Here is an example of the layout in action, featuring an dragon I exalted.

PURCHASE - if the dragon is listed on the Auction House, you can add a helpful button for easier purchase!
dragon?age=1&body=128&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=4&gender=1&tert=49&tertgene=10&winggene=22&wings=155&auth=2a865896aff27b998a20d2ccade524c2bb03c62b&dummyext=prev.png
40797980.png
Unnamed
(40797980)

small_female.png Nocturne water_rune_20.png

Grapefruit Basic
Chartreuse Basic
Tangerine Basic

Water Common

button_buyauction.png
Code:
```[columns][img]SCRY URL GOES HERE[/img][nextcol][center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/ID GOES HERE][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/COPY THE TWO ID NUMBERS/FROM "GENERATE CODE" HERE.png[/img][/url] [size=6][u][b]NAME[/b][/u][/size] [size=4][i](ID NUMBER)[/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_GENDER.png[/img] BREED [img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/FLIGHT_rune_20.png[/img] [i]COLOR GENE COLOR GENE COLOR GENE EYE TYPE OTHER RELEVANT INFO HERE[/i] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy-dragon/ID GOES HERE][img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/button_buyauction.png[/img][/url][/columns]```

32519340_350.png
Tybal
(32519340)

small_male.png Tundra plague_rune_20.png

Dust Cherub
Raspberry Shimmer
Blood Underbelly
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares

-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
The goal is to make a comprehensive and helpful guide for newbies and veterans to successfully sell their dragons, and I'm always looking for ways to improve it!

If you can show me;
  • A hoarder's association I can link to
  • Any relevant guide(s)
  • A correction on a typo or misinformation
PM or ping me about it!
The goal is to make a comprehensive and helpful guide for newbies and veterans to successfully sell their dragons, and I'm always looking for ways to improve it!

If you can show me;
  • A hoarder's association I can link to
  • Any relevant guide(s)
  • A correction on a typo or misinformation
PM or ping me about it!
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares

-
-