Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Crowe's BBcode Compedium!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33
@EldritchCrowe [ item=whatever] and [ user=whatever] and [ skin=123456789] be used without ", and i just tested it
@EldritchCrowe [ item=whatever] and [ user=whatever] and [ skin=123456789] be used without ", and i just tested it
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
@Starrlight
thank you! I did see the 'outfit' thing when that came out, but I guess I forgot :|
And I used the 'item=Skin' thing instead of 'skin=" so I missed that one too, but they're all added!
And the transparent thing... I saw that on the old BBcode guide I found when I first got here, but I kind of forgot about it. That's really helpful, thank you! I changed and/or added stuff to reflect these updates c:

@Twinkletoe
I'm pretty sure, yeah. I explained it straight out of a lair, but it does work if you foresee progeny and copy the image link of a baby from there.

@Reanimated
I'm happy to hear I helped! Stick around, I'm going to (probably) do a section just on bios soon :o

@PixelSpiral
That... Yeah, it does. I blame my previous programming experience for wanting to put quotes around everything :|
Thank you for that! I've removed all the quotes where they're not needed

@Starrlight & @PixelSpiral
I'm going to add a credits or thanks section somewhere... I'm not 100% sure yet, but you will be credited for your contributions. I appreciate you both c:
@Starrlight
thank you! I did see the 'outfit' thing when that came out, but I guess I forgot :|
And I used the 'item=Skin' thing instead of 'skin=" so I missed that one too, but they're all added!
And the transparent thing... I saw that on the old BBcode guide I found when I first got here, but I kind of forgot about it. That's really helpful, thank you! I changed and/or added stuff to reflect these updates c:

@Twinkletoe
I'm pretty sure, yeah. I explained it straight out of a lair, but it does work if you foresee progeny and copy the image link of a baby from there.

@Reanimated
I'm happy to hear I helped! Stick around, I'm going to (probably) do a section just on bios soon :o

@PixelSpiral
That... Yeah, it does. I blame my previous programming experience for wanting to put quotes around everything :|
Thank you for that! I've removed all the quotes where they're not needed

@Starrlight & @PixelSpiral
I'm going to add a credits or thanks section somewhere... I'm not 100% sure yet, but you will be credited for your contributions. I appreciate you both c:
| Crowe's BBCode Compendium |
- - - Click here to learn everything (and more) about BBCoding! - - -

| ||
Dragon bios | Signatures | Hatcheries || |
@EldritchCrowe So, I was trying to do an adult scry for a hatchling and make it smaller than the regular size. I tried copying the image address of the adult scry image, then adding [img] and [/img] to it, but that just gave me the same size picture. How do I get it in a small version? Here is the one I was doing: [quote]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=150&bodygene=19&breed=4&element=6&gender=1&tert=114&tertgene=16&winggene=19&wings=150&auth=af3e3617d07f90668dfd7efa128ee0bd01592d4e&dummyext=prev.png[/quote]
@EldritchCrowe So, I was trying to do an adult scry for a hatchling and make it smaller than the regular size. I tried copying the image address of the adult scry image, then adding [img]and[/img] to it, but that just gave me the same size picture. How do I get it in a small version? Here is the one I was doing:
dpwzZNV.pngE36y0uf.gif
@Twinkletoe I played around with this idea for a minute, but that I know of, there are only two ways you can get a small dragon image: [LIST=1] [*]If the dragon exists and you can copy image from a lair [*]If the dragon was a forsee progeny scry and it is a hatchling [/LIST] That being said, this is the best I can do for you: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/progeny?age=1&body=150&bodygene=19&breed=4&element=6&gender=1&tert=114&tertgene=16&winggene=19&wings=150&auth=af3e3617d07f90668dfd7efa128ee0bd01592d4e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] You can get a small baby-version of a dragon by changing the part of the URL 'dragon?/age=1'. Turn "dragon" into "progeny" and you'll get the baby one. Sorry if this wasn't particularly helpful :|
@Twinkletoe
I played around with this idea for a minute, but that I know of, there are only two ways you can get a small dragon image:
  1. If the dragon exists and you can copy image from a lair
  2. If the dragon was a forsee progeny scry and it is a hatchling

That being said, this is the best I can do for you:

progeny?age=1&body=150&bodygene=19&breed=4&element=6&gender=1&tert=114&tertgene=16&winggene=19&wings=150&auth=af3e3617d07f90668dfd7efa128ee0bd01592d4e&dummyext=prev.png

You can get a small baby-version of a dragon by changing the part of the URL 'dragon?/age=1'. Turn "dragon" into "progeny" and you'll get the baby one.

Sorry if this wasn't particularly helpful :|

| ||
@EldritchCrowe Yeah, not what I am looking for, but that's OK. Thanks for trying!
@EldritchCrowe Yeah, not what I am looking for, but that's OK. Thanks for trying!
dpwzZNV.pngE36y0uf.gif
@EldritchCrowe Hi. So, I have the following coding for a breeding card. There is a tiny dot bewteen the primary, sec, and tert, showing the actual color. Obviously, white doesn't show up. But I can't even see cream or ice. I would like to make the dots a little bigger so that hopefully they are more noticeable. But I can't find where the size is. I can see the sizes of the text, but nothing for those dots. How do I increase their size a bit? [code][b]Primary[/b] Iridescent / Petals 50% / 50% [color=#d7d4cd]•[/color][color=#ffffff]•[/color][size=3][color=#808080] Antique, White[/color][/size] [b]Secondary[/b] Shimmer / Facet 50% / 50% [color=#ffefdd]•[/color][color=#d7d4cd]•[/color][color=#ffffff]•[/color][size=3][color=#808080] Cream, Antique, White[/color][/size] [b]Tertiary[/b] Opal / Glimmer 50% / 50% [color=#ffffff]•[/color][color=#d8d6d7]•[/color][color=#f0f2ff]•[/color][size=3][color=#808080] White, Moon, Ice[/color][/size][/code]
@EldritchCrowe Hi. So, I have the following coding for a breeding card. There is a tiny dot bewteen the primary, sec, and tert, showing the actual color. Obviously, white doesn't show up. But I can't even see cream or ice. I would like to make the dots a little bigger so that hopefully they are more noticeable. But I can't find where the size is. I can see the sizes of the text, but nothing for those dots. How do I increase their size a bit?

Code:
[b]Primary[/b] Iridescent / Petals 50% / 50% [color=#d7d4cd]•[/color][color=#ffffff]•[/color][size=3][color=#808080] Antique, White[/color][/size] [b]Secondary[/b] Shimmer / Facet 50% / 50% [color=#ffefdd]•[/color][color=#d7d4cd]•[/color][color=#ffffff]•[/color][size=3][color=#808080] Cream, Antique, White[/color][/size] [b]Tertiary[/b] Opal / Glimmer 50% / 50% [color=#ffffff]•[/color][color=#d8d6d7]•[/color][color=#f0f2ff]•[/color][size=3][color=#808080] White, Moon, Ice[/color][/size]
dpwzZNV.pngE36y0uf.gif
@Twinkletoe

So you want a instead of a • ?

'size' tags work on all ASCII characters. Like in my signature, I used size tags like you'd use them for letters to work for my card suites

While you're at it, you could try something really fancy...

(Link to that tool here)

EDIT: wait a second, the dot is the color of the gene??? That's such a cool idea! :o

EDIT #2: what if you combined those two ideas to show a color range?

Granted, you would have to manually do all of the color dots, but that sounds really cool...
@Twinkletoe

So you want a instead of a • ?

'size' tags work on all ASCII characters. Like in my signature, I used size tags like you'd use them for letters to work for my card suites

While you're at it, you could try something really fancy...

(Link to that tool here)

EDIT: wait a second, the dot is the color of the gene??? That's such a cool idea! :o

EDIT #2: what if you combined those two ideas to show a color range?

Granted, you would have to manually do all of the color dots, but that sounds really cool...

| ||
@EldritchCrowe Where would I put the "size" in the code above to make the dots biger? I dont even see where the original size is coded in.

Hey, that's cool. I already have that. I just want them a little bigger so that when they are very pale they will be easier to see.
Here is a sample:
Primary
Iridescent / Metallic
50% / 50%

Garnet

Secondary
Shimmer / Alloy
50% / 50%

Garnet

Tertiary
Runes / Lace
15% / 85%

Gold, Metals, Marigold, Sunshine, Saffron, Sunset, Peach, Cantaloupe, Orange, Bronze, Terracotta, Carrot, Fire, Pumpkin, Tangerine, Cinnamon, Caramel, Sand, Tan, Beige, Stone, Taupe, Slate, Driftwood, Latte, Dirt, Clay, Sable, Umber, Soil, Hickory, Tarnish, Ginger, Brown, Chocolate, Auburn, Copper, Rust, Tomato, Vermillion, Ruby, Cherry, Crimson

@EldritchCrowe Where would I put the "size" in the code above to make the dots biger? I dont even see where the original size is coded in.

Hey, that's cool. I already have that. I just want them a little bigger so that when they are very pale they will be easier to see.
Here is a sample:
Primary
Iridescent / Metallic
50% / 50%

Garnet

Secondary
Shimmer / Alloy
50% / 50%

Garnet

Tertiary
Runes / Lace
15% / 85%

Gold, Metals, Marigold, Sunshine, Saffron, Sunset, Peach, Cantaloupe, Orange, Bronze, Terracotta, Carrot, Fire, Pumpkin, Tangerine, Cinnamon, Caramel, Sand, Tan, Beige, Stone, Taupe, Slate, Driftwood, Latte, Dirt, Clay, Sable, Umber, Soil, Hickory, Tarnish, Ginger, Brown, Chocolate, Auburn, Copper, Rust, Tomato, Vermillion, Ruby, Cherry, Crimson

dpwzZNV.pngE36y0uf.gif
@EldritchCrowe Also, I tried to use the guide you had earlier in the thread about making a smaller image of a dragon. I can't get it to work at all. Would you consider taking one of my dragons and doing it and show me the code? Sorry, just can't figure it out.
@EldritchCrowe Also, I tried to use the guide you had earlier in the thread about making a smaller image of a dragon. I can't get it to work at all. Would you consider taking one of my dragons and doing it and show me the code? Sorry, just can't figure it out.
dpwzZNV.pngE36y0uf.gif
@Twinkletoe Oh okay, I see. Since more than one of them will need to be sized, I'd put them on the outside, like this: [code] [size=7][color=#d7d4cd]•[/color][color=#ffffff]•[/color][/size][size=3][color=#808080] Antique, White[/color] [/code] EDIT: fixed it [size=7][color=#d7d4cd]•[/color][color=#ffffff]•[/color][/size][size=3][color=#808080] Antique, White[/color] Does that help? ----- EDIT: Oh, yeah sure. What dragon do you need smallified?
@Twinkletoe
Oh okay, I see. Since more than one of them will need to be sized, I'd put them on the outside, like this:
Code:
[size=7][color=#d7d4cd]•[/color][color=#ffffff]•[/color][/size][size=3][color=#808080] Antique, White[/color]
EDIT: fixed it

Antique, White

Does that help?

EDIT: Oh, yeah sure. What dragon do you need smallified?

| ||
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33