Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | My guide for making money!
1 2
I decided to make a guide on how to make money, because when i first joined i was confused and none of the guides helped (i was too lazy). Straightforwardly, lets jump into it.

First thing i always do when i get on FR is Gather items. I do digging and scavenging because my source of food comes from the Coliseum so i dont need to hunt and all that.

Then, I bond with my familiars. Bonding with your Familiars may not seem worth it since it's only 15 treasure a day, but once you bond with them enough they will give more money, and each time you become closer to them they will give rusted treasure chests, which you can either sell on the auction house for a good amount, or you can open them and get some treasure.

Fairgrounds are also a good way to make cash. I do Higher or Lower first, then maybe some Artifracture or Runestones of the Arcanist. You can make a good chunk of cash this way.

Another thing you can do(if you haven't already) is level up 3 dragons to 7-9 and go to the training fields. In 30 minutes you can get a good chunk of cash from Food and other items. You can also get Battle items which you can sell at the auction house or use on your dragons. You can also get a lot of Familiars from this. If i'm lucky, i can get 4 in about 15 minutes.

Sometimes you can get a good item from Pinkerton, or find a good deal at Crim's. What i usually do is if i find an item at Crim for more than 500 i'll go to the AH(auction house) and see if i can find it for less, then trade it to her. There's also a guide for Tomo's Trivia which is helpful since you can get some money from that if you don't know the answers.

Sometimes if you go to the flightrising homepage you can find that there are special deals for exalting dragons (i.e: Exalting a dragon with a primary color of Ivory for +1250)
You can go to the Auction House to find one(never buy one over 10,000), and level it up at the Coliseum(to around 4-7), then exalt it to make a good profit.

You can also sell ugly babies from nests for quick cash, or wait until they grow and sell them as exalt fodder or level and exalt them yourself. You can also buy exalt fodder(ugly dragons for cheap>level and exalt).

REMEMBER! Always exalt! Dominance is important since you can get:
15% off Marketplace Treasure items
5% off Lair Expansions
+1500 Treasure a day
+3 Gathering Turns a day

Happy Moneymaking!
I decided to make a guide on how to make money, because when i first joined i was confused and none of the guides helped (i was too lazy). Straightforwardly, lets jump into it.

First thing i always do when i get on FR is Gather items. I do digging and scavenging because my source of food comes from the Coliseum so i dont need to hunt and all that.

Then, I bond with my familiars. Bonding with your Familiars may not seem worth it since it's only 15 treasure a day, but once you bond with them enough they will give more money, and each time you become closer to them they will give rusted treasure chests, which you can either sell on the auction house for a good amount, or you can open them and get some treasure.

Fairgrounds are also a good way to make cash. I do Higher or Lower first, then maybe some Artifracture or Runestones of the Arcanist. You can make a good chunk of cash this way.

Another thing you can do(if you haven't already) is level up 3 dragons to 7-9 and go to the training fields. In 30 minutes you can get a good chunk of cash from Food and other items. You can also get Battle items which you can sell at the auction house or use on your dragons. You can also get a lot of Familiars from this. If i'm lucky, i can get 4 in about 15 minutes.

Sometimes you can get a good item from Pinkerton, or find a good deal at Crim's. What i usually do is if i find an item at Crim for more than 500 i'll go to the AH(auction house) and see if i can find it for less, then trade it to her. There's also a guide for Tomo's Trivia which is helpful since you can get some money from that if you don't know the answers.

Sometimes if you go to the flightrising homepage you can find that there are special deals for exalting dragons (i.e: Exalting a dragon with a primary color of Ivory for +1250)
You can go to the Auction House to find one(never buy one over 10,000), and level it up at the Coliseum(to around 4-7), then exalt it to make a good profit.

You can also sell ugly babies from nests for quick cash, or wait until they grow and sell them as exalt fodder or level and exalt them yourself. You can also buy exalt fodder(ugly dragons for cheap>level and exalt).

REMEMBER! Always exalt! Dominance is important since you can get:
15% off Marketplace Treasure items
5% off Lair Expansions
+1500 Treasure a day
+3 Gathering Turns a day

Happy Moneymaking!
Have unwanted dragons? I'll take them for an unreasonably low price! PM me!
Thank you!!! This will be great!
Thank you!!! This will be great!

deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif

0Qm9Wk8.png
you're very welcome! :p
you're very welcome! :p
This is super helpful thank you!
This is super helpful thank you!
Thank you so much! This helps out my noobie ways a lot XD
Thank you so much! This helps out my noobie ways a lot XD
giphy.gif
Some more ideas from a fellow newbie.

My favorite way to find random stuff is Coliseum battles, but how do you know what's good to sell from the hoard (or toss into Baldwin's cauldron) and what's expensive? Go get the Stylish browser extension and then search for Flight Rising styles. There are some great ones that put special borders around rare items, so you can tell at a glance what's worth checking the auction house for and what you can hoardsell or transmute.

The auction house is your friend. Cheap food sells. I tend to price at ~ 200tr per unit, and sell in groups of five. This is an order of magnitude more money than you're going to get by hoardselling.

If you try selling other stuff, don't undercut too much. You don't have to have a bunch of zeroes on the end of your pricetag, you're just robbing yourself.

Always have something transmuting in Baldwin's cauldron. Blue goo can sell for 20ktr per unit. It's free money if you toss in cheap materials you found while grinding. After I'm done battling, I like to throw everything with an outline in the vault, keep the biggest stack of cheap stuff for transmuting, and sell everything else.
Some more ideas from a fellow newbie.

My favorite way to find random stuff is Coliseum battles, but how do you know what's good to sell from the hoard (or toss into Baldwin's cauldron) and what's expensive? Go get the Stylish browser extension and then search for Flight Rising styles. There are some great ones that put special borders around rare items, so you can tell at a glance what's worth checking the auction house for and what you can hoardsell or transmute.

The auction house is your friend. Cheap food sells. I tend to price at ~ 200tr per unit, and sell in groups of five. This is an order of magnitude more money than you're going to get by hoardselling.

If you try selling other stuff, don't undercut too much. You don't have to have a bunch of zeroes on the end of your pricetag, you're just robbing yourself.

Always have something transmuting in Baldwin's cauldron. Blue goo can sell for 20ktr per unit. It's free money if you toss in cheap materials you found while grinding. After I'm done battling, I like to throw everything with an outline in the vault, keep the biggest stack of cheap stuff for transmuting, and sell everything else.
E6nL5Eq.png
This is super helpful, thank you :)

@phyrry thank you! I especially appreciate the info on the Stylish extension :)
This is super helpful, thank you :)

@phyrry thank you! I especially appreciate the info on the Stylish extension :)

Super thing that I've found helpful: If you sell out a lot of your materials/trinkets (that make a lot of money also) always leave one or two behind of each! It's a good way to get 10x the amount you would usually sell it at. Everytime I go to Crim, I'm able to trade 3-4 things on the spot. After her and Tomo, I leave with an easy 5000 each day.

Also: If you're good at something, don't do it for free! I'm sitting on 2 million treasure right now, and 85% of that has come from Art Sales. If you draw or write, give it a shot in the forum! Even if not, leveling services are always needed, and breeding shops are plentiful. Find something that you enjoy doing, and charge for it. :D

Super thing that I've found helpful: If you sell out a lot of your materials/trinkets (that make a lot of money also) always leave one or two behind of each! It's a good way to get 10x the amount you would usually sell it at. Everytime I go to Crim, I'm able to trade 3-4 things on the spot. After her and Tomo, I leave with an easy 5000 each day.

Also: If you're good at something, don't do it for free! I'm sitting on 2 million treasure right now, and 85% of that has come from Art Sales. If you draw or write, give it a shot in the forum! Even if not, leveling services are always needed, and breeding shops are plentiful. Find something that you enjoy doing, and charge for it. :D
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhIHd9PNx.gif
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
It takes a while and costs a lot, but it's definitely worth it to level up a coli team; you can level and exalt fodder much, much faster that way. I'd recommend leveling a trio with Culex's guide, and then converting one of them into a two fodder trainer/mire flyer as per Kiena's guide. Use that one to level fodder and use the pair to farm the coli or train fodder to higher levels in the Kelp Beds.
It takes a while and costs a lot, but it's definitely worth it to level up a coli team; you can level and exalt fodder much, much faster that way. I'd recommend leveling a trio with Culex's guide, and then converting one of them into a two fodder trainer/mire flyer as per Kiena's guide. Use that one to level fodder and use the pair to farm the coli or train fodder to higher levels in the Kelp Beds.
wpEE9mo.png
These are all great ideas aswell! i may try these soon!
These are all great ideas aswell! i may try these soon!
1 2