Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Coliseum drop rates - data needed!
1 2
So I'm thinking of making a new Coli tool, but it requires me to know the drop rates of each item. There are several guides for what items are dropped, but few guides with little data for how often these drop.

So I've been collecting data in the hopes of finding this out. I've got a good start, but not enough if I want to get my short-term goal of 100 data points for each enemy, and certainly not enough if I want to finish the experiments at 1,000 data points for each enemy.

This is where I need you guys' help. Next time you go into the coliseum, consider coming here to record what enemies you encounter and what they dropped. I've found this is a good way to pass the time when I'm endlessly grinding for strange chests. Even if you only have the patience to record a couple of battles, hey, every data point helps!

A couple of notes on recording data:
- Please make notes of familiars. Instead of just "Bumble" put "Bumble (familiar)". This is to help with counting encounters.
- It may be tempting to put "Strange Chest x2", but please don't! Enemies and drops are counted by searching how many times the name appears in the spreadsheet. The few seconds it takes to type out a name a few extra times will save me a lot of headache later.
- Please make sure you are in the spreadsheet for the correct area. (Spreadsheets are in tabs at the bottom of the page.)
-If your enemies don't drop anything, just leave the Drops columns blank. If for whatever reason you don't make it to the end of the battle (defeated, computer crashed, etc.) put DNC, for "data not collected."
- Not sure exactly how to write your data? Look at some other spreadsheets! Each of these files has at least one spreadsheet with data already in it.

And here they are... the spreadsheets!
Training Fields through Sandswept Delta go in here!

Forgotten Cave through Arena is here!

And go here for Boreal Wood through Golem Workshop!

Questions about the spreadsheets? Ping me and I'll answer them as soon as possible!
So I'm thinking of making a new Coli tool, but it requires me to know the drop rates of each item. There are several guides for what items are dropped, but few guides with little data for how often these drop.

So I've been collecting data in the hopes of finding this out. I've got a good start, but not enough if I want to get my short-term goal of 100 data points for each enemy, and certainly not enough if I want to finish the experiments at 1,000 data points for each enemy.

This is where I need you guys' help. Next time you go into the coliseum, consider coming here to record what enemies you encounter and what they dropped. I've found this is a good way to pass the time when I'm endlessly grinding for strange chests. Even if you only have the patience to record a couple of battles, hey, every data point helps!

A couple of notes on recording data:
- Please make notes of familiars. Instead of just "Bumble" put "Bumble (familiar)". This is to help with counting encounters.
- It may be tempting to put "Strange Chest x2", but please don't! Enemies and drops are counted by searching how many times the name appears in the spreadsheet. The few seconds it takes to type out a name a few extra times will save me a lot of headache later.
- Please make sure you are in the spreadsheet for the correct area. (Spreadsheets are in tabs at the bottom of the page.)
-If your enemies don't drop anything, just leave the Drops columns blank. If for whatever reason you don't make it to the end of the battle (defeated, computer crashed, etc.) put DNC, for "data not collected."
- Not sure exactly how to write your data? Look at some other spreadsheets! Each of these files has at least one spreadsheet with data already in it.

And here they are... the spreadsheets!
Training Fields through Sandswept Delta go in here!

Forgotten Cave through Arena is here!

And go here for Boreal Wood through Golem Workshop!

Questions about the spreadsheets? Ping me and I'll answer them as soon as possible!
xEtralP.png
I take no responsibility for that, unless you liked the outcome, then I take all responsibility.
@TheAlmightySand

Would you like to be visited by the fancy automated spreadsheet fairy?
@TheAlmightySand

Would you like to be visited by the fancy automated spreadsheet fairy?
We're made of rock, but we're the biggest softies of all. XIvT0rs.png
Why don't you work together with Looseling?
She has been doing the same thing for a while now and already has data.
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=gde&id=1084937&page=1

Also if you count encounters by the drop list, you will be missing the ones that drop nothing or drop two things.
Making an tally list might be handier as you keep track of the creatures the nothing drops and the actual drops.
Why don't you work together with Looseling?
She has been doing the same thing for a while now and already has data.
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=gde&id=1084937&page=1

Also if you count encounters by the drop list, you will be missing the ones that drop nothing or drop two things.
Making an tally list might be handier as you keep track of the creatures the nothing drops and the actual drops.
pontails_v2_0_by_viporion-d64jr46.gif
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Not even Jupiter can take back a lost oppertunity
@AdeleneDawner what would an automated spreadsheet do?

@Vipor i'm afraid i don't understand your comment at all. how would i be missing multiple drops? and why would i care about "nothing" dropping, since i'm fairly sure there's no actual calculated chance for that and it's just what happens when all the drops fail to happen.
@AdeleneDawner what would an automated spreadsheet do?

@Vipor i'm afraid i don't understand your comment at all. how would i be missing multiple drops? and why would i care about "nothing" dropping, since i'm fairly sure there's no actual calculated chance for that and it's just what happens when all the drops fail to happen.
xEtralP.png
I take no responsibility for that, unless you liked the outcome, then I take all responsibility.
@TheAlmightySand

If nothing else, it could count the number of times you encountered each enemy and got each drop and give you that info in nice, automatically-generated, alphabetized lists. I might be able to set it up to know which drops come from which enemies and calculate the drop rates, too, but I'll have to go digging around a bit to see what resources I can find to pull those associations from.

Also, I really wouldn't mind having a list of all the different enemy groups that can spawn, so I might have it generate that, too - it'd be really easy to do since you're generating the needed data already anyway.
@TheAlmightySand

If nothing else, it could count the number of times you encountered each enemy and got each drop and give you that info in nice, automatically-generated, alphabetized lists. I might be able to set it up to know which drops come from which enemies and calculate the drop rates, too, but I'll have to go digging around a bit to see what resources I can find to pull those associations from.

Also, I really wouldn't mind having a list of all the different enemy groups that can spawn, so I might have it generate that, too - it'd be really easy to do since you're generating the needed data already anyway.
@TheAlmightySand
Well I first didn't bother to look at the spread sheat.
So no your not missing creature amounts.
But how are you calculating the drop rate from items that can come from two creatures?
Say an emerald and ruby webwing with a single tiny feather drop.
@TheAlmightySand
Well I first didn't bother to look at the spread sheat.
So no your not missing creature amounts.
But how are you calculating the drop rate from items that can come from two creatures?
Say an emerald and ruby webwing with a single tiny feather drop.
pontails_v2_0_by_viporion-d64jr46.gif
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Not even Jupiter can take back a lost oppertunity
@Vipor

They could assume that the drop rate is the same for both mobs and calculate that way - might not be 100% accurate but it'd still be pretty good.
@Vipor

They could assume that the drop rate is the same for both mobs and calculate that way - might not be 100% accurate but it'd still be pretty good.
@TheAlmightySand
are you still working on this? i added some data but before i continue adding more i wanna be sure that its still a work in progress uwu
@TheAlmightySand
are you still working on this? i added some data but before i continue adding more i wanna be sure that its still a work in progress uwu
2ElOrq4.pngWYFduEM.pngVwV4nJr.png9t7iNW7.png
qpByDpU.png5wWnUvA.png
@flybeatRemix it is still a work in progress! any and all data is welcome
@flybeatRemix it is still a work in progress! any and all data is welcome
xEtralP.png
@TheAlmightySand

Here is a first pass at a fancy automated sheet - everything you see there is automatically generated except the mobs in column F and H (and J and L, hypothetically) which would need to be added by hand *after* you're done with the data collection phase, for this version. I can also make a version that has the mobs/drops association on a separate tab and fills those columns in from that chart, but it'll take a bit more work.
@TheAlmightySand

Here is a first pass at a fancy automated sheet - everything you see there is automatically generated except the mobs in column F and H (and J and L, hypothetically) which would need to be added by hand *after* you're done with the data collection phase, for this version. I can also make a version that has the mobs/drops association on a separate tab and fills those columns in from that chart, but it'll take a bit more work.
1 2