Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [OUTDATED] Breeding Rarity Comparisons
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 22
@Aurumeye - Added!

@amarquis - I am nearly positive it's uniformly weighted. I can't be positive with 100%, but seriously, 99% sure. If you want to test it yourself, try comparing Shadow to Thistle - it should be easy to tell which of the three colors (Shadow, Mulberry, Thistle) the babies are, and I bet you'll get close to 33.3% for each of the colors.
@Aurumeye - Added!

@amarquis - I am nearly positive it's uniformly weighted. I can't be positive with 100%, but seriously, 99% sure. If you want to test it yourself, try comparing Shadow to Thistle - it should be easy to tell which of the three colors (Shadow, Mulberry, Thistle) the babies are, and I bet you'll get close to 33.3% for each of the colors.
Interesting, thank you very much.

I was about to buy a few pairs of basic dragons to breed and exalt their kids because I've got the space. I like experimenting though so I'll try to line up as many three option pairs of colors as I can, toss the data in a spreadsheet, and maybe have something confident in a couple of months.
Interesting, thank you very much.

I was about to buy a few pairs of basic dragons to breed and exalt their kids because I've got the space. I like experimenting though so I'll try to line up as many three option pairs of colors as I can, toss the data in a spreadsheet, and maybe have something confident in a couple of months.
@amarquis - Well, that small of a test won't give you a very strong answer! And will take a loooong time. If you want to know for sure, do several tests using the Scrying Workshop's Forsee Progeny page. That's what I do for all my tests, and it seems to be true to breeding. I do 1000 tests for all the genes, but for something like this, you could probably do 100 tests - that's just 25 times on the foresee page.
@amarquis - Well, that small of a test won't give you a very strong answer! And will take a loooong time. If you want to know for sure, do several tests using the Scrying Workshop's Forsee Progeny page. That's what I do for all my tests, and it seems to be true to breeding. I do 1000 tests for all the genes, but for something like this, you could probably do 100 tests - that's just 25 times on the foresee page.
@kiena Could you add me to the new genes/breed pinglist? Thanks!
@kiena Could you add me to the new genes/breed pinglist? Thanks!
S9JeT5u.pngo6n8ZXM.pngrix3ppo.png
t9GO7sD.png->11AKyQ1.png->YZXTDhM.png->11AKyQ1.png
@dewrder - Added! :)
@dewrder - Added! :)
Bump, since I was looking for this thread. (:
Bump, since I was looking for this thread. (:
__________PDduh6K.png

_— hatchery
__— wishlist
____— tumblr
__V6RpU3i.png
/prods to the top/
Why are you always hiding when I need you.
/prods to the top/
Why are you always hiding when I need you.
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
Looks to me like vipera and hypnotic are uncommon, but I didn't do very in-depth tests so I could be wrong.
Looks to me like vipera and hypnotic are uncommon, but I didn't do very in-depth tests so I could be wrong.
@Triceraclops - Thank you! That gave me a place to start. My small number of tests (200) bears this out. So until I get a chance to do more tests (hopefully tomorrow), I'm calling it Uncommon. :)

@Runo, @Twelvewishes, @KelinciHutan, @Mystik, @lunaris1013, @Amarra, @Latigirl, @FantasyFreak, @Ishtadaal, @haikwoshevo, @Zaratyst, @Aurumeye, @dewrder

It looks like the new genes are Uncommon, both of them! I'll be doing more in-depth testing over the next few days. Let me kinow if you'd like to be pinged again at that time - also, let me know if you'd like to be completely removed from the ping list.

Edit: Did 500 tests, still looking good!
@Triceraclops - Thank you! That gave me a place to start. My small number of tests (200) bears this out. So until I get a chance to do more tests (hopefully tomorrow), I'm calling it Uncommon. :)

@Runo, @Twelvewishes, @KelinciHutan, @Mystik, @lunaris1013, @Amarra, @Latigirl, @FantasyFreak, @Ishtadaal, @haikwoshevo, @Zaratyst, @Aurumeye, @dewrder

It looks like the new genes are Uncommon, both of them! I'll be doing more in-depth testing over the next few days. Let me kinow if you'd like to be pinged again at that time - also, let me know if you'd like to be completely removed from the ping list.

Edit: Did 500 tests, still looking good!
@Kiena: I'd love to be pinged again! Did some previews that seem to corroborate that info.
@Kiena: I'd love to be pinged again! Did some previews that seem to corroborate that info.
fbwGP.png
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 22