Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | OUTDATED: Festival currency Coli rates
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58
@Nika - All the data I had was from the scorched forest. ^^
@Nika - All the data I had was from the scorched forest. ^^
vvTo3kO.png

syJrt1N.gif
@Coldblooded Good to know, thanks! That makes it easy, I don't even have to add the numbers to any of the other areas, since you were the only one in that one.
@Coldblooded Good to know, thanks! That makes it easy, I don't even have to add the numbers to any of the other areas, since you were the only one in that one.
Bump for festival!
Bump for festival!
NM0r94k.png Ala3t4v.png
D9xaprH.png
ypcKWM0.png
9R2Unq1.png
nnBylsC.png
ZqTATLu.png
V9BoEMC.png
5hF3FGk.png
7UXlQKU.gif
q9EEy5M.png
878OlvW.png
@nika Undel just posted this ([url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1088723&pid=1088723&page=12#4147597]link[/url]): [quote]Festival currency and chests do have a higher drop rate in higher venues.[/quote]
@nika

Undel just posted this (link):

Quote:
Festival currency and chests do have a higher drop rate in higher venues.
@Maki Thank you! Wow, that's going to make things interesting...
@Maki Thank you! Wow, that's going to make things interesting...
@nika - Hm. Luckily I've been keeping track of them separately by venue, then. If it has been true for previous festivals and you were grinding in higher level areas, that could've been a contributing factor to the drop of occurrences that we saw when we were grinding mostly in the Forgotten Cave...

Unfortunately this means that our job is gonna be kind of impossible? One week isn't a lot to collect data without more hands. There's no guarantee that drop rates will stay the same per festival, either, and the sample sizes will be so small that we can't say whether it's due to a change for that festival or just small sample size. And considering their history of "balancing", there's likely not even a noticeable difference between venues, not something that only 1000 data points or even 3000 would tell us :x (Boo.)

[EDIT]: Also, Double-Tailed Warcats seem as if leaves have not been added to their loot tables in the Arena. I may have to throw some of my data away if they manage to fix it, or you may have to act as if Double-Tailed Warcats are not valid token droppers for the first half...

There is a bug report thread and it will hopefully be addressed before the end of the festival.
@nika - Hm. Luckily I've been keeping track of them separately by venue, then. If it has been true for previous festivals and you were grinding in higher level areas, that could've been a contributing factor to the drop of occurrences that we saw when we were grinding mostly in the Forgotten Cave...

Unfortunately this means that our job is gonna be kind of impossible? One week isn't a lot to collect data without more hands. There's no guarantee that drop rates will stay the same per festival, either, and the sample sizes will be so small that we can't say whether it's due to a change for that festival or just small sample size. And considering their history of "balancing", there's likely not even a noticeable difference between venues, not something that only 1000 data points or even 3000 would tell us :x (Boo.)

[EDIT]: Also, Double-Tailed Warcats seem as if leaves have not been added to their loot tables in the Arena. I may have to throw some of my data away if they manage to fix it, or you may have to act as if Double-Tailed Warcats are not valid token droppers for the first half...

There is a bug report thread and it will hopefully be addressed before the end of the festival.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@Sylvandyr Yeah, ouch! This is odd - in the Water festival, I had EXTREMELY similar average drop rates in the Cave and Arena (0.354 vs 0.359 for Water enemies and 0.257 vs 0.259 for neutral ones), so it seems like the drop rates differing by area are a new thing? That, or it's a really tiny difference. Hmm, maybe I should ask Undel about it, since she's being communicative lately...

I think it's still worth looking at the Arena and Woodland Path or whatever this holiday's best areas are and comparing them - hopefully the difference should be enough to be detectable between far-away areas even if it's too small to be detected between adjacent areas. Although you're right that the admins' idea of a good upward curve is shallow enough that it may be hard to tell. :/ Well, I'll do some grinding and counting today (in the Woodland Path, I guess, until the Arena bug is fixed - thanks for pinging me in that!).
@Sylvandyr Yeah, ouch! This is odd - in the Water festival, I had EXTREMELY similar average drop rates in the Cave and Arena (0.354 vs 0.359 for Water enemies and 0.257 vs 0.259 for neutral ones), so it seems like the drop rates differing by area are a new thing? That, or it's a really tiny difference. Hmm, maybe I should ask Undel about it, since she's being communicative lately...

I think it's still worth looking at the Arena and Woodland Path or whatever this holiday's best areas are and comparing them - hopefully the difference should be enough to be detectable between far-away areas even if it's too small to be detected between adjacent areas. Although you're right that the admins' idea of a good upward curve is shallow enough that it may be hard to tell. :/ Well, I'll do some grinding and counting today (in the Woodland Path, I guess, until the Arena bug is fixed - thanks for pinging me in that!).
@nika - So, Aequorin posted that the Double-Tailed Warcat should be dropping currency in the Arena now.

I think I'm going to take a snapshot of the current data I have (from when they were broken) and hand that data to you separately, in case I decide to go back to the Arena again with Warcats being fixed.
@nika - So, Aequorin posted that the Double-Tailed Warcat should be dropping currency in the Arena now.

I think I'm going to take a snapshot of the current data I have (from when they were broken) and hand that data to you separately, in case I decide to go back to the Arena again with Warcats being fixed.
@Sylvandyr Sounds good, thanks!
@Sylvandyr Sounds good, thanks!
@nika - Okay, so this is the sample where Double-Tailed Warcats were bugged and not dropping currency.

Arena Summary
  • Total packs: 357
  • Total monsters: 1015
  • Nature monsters: 129
  • Neutral monsters: 129 Double-Tailed Warcats excluded
  • Tokens: 58

1x Nature
  • Double-Tailed Warcat (bugged), Warcat Protector (Nature): 12 encounters; 3 tokens
  • Double-Tailed Warcat (bugged), Warcat Protector (Nature), Double-Tailed Warcat (bugged): 31 encounters; 10 tokens
  • Longneck Skirmisher (Wind), Warcat Protector (Nature), Longneck Interloper (Earth): 8 encounters; 1 token

2x Nature
  • Warcat Protector (Nature), Double-Tailed Warcat (Neutral), Warcat Protector (Nature): 13 encounters; 10 tokens
  • Warcat Protector (Nature), Longneck Mender (Light), Warcat Protector (Nature): 16 encounters; 12 tokens

1x Neutral
  • Silver Springbok (Ice), Chimera (Neutral), Celestial Antelope (Neutral): 32 encounters; 3 tokens

2x Neutral
  • Chimera (Neutral), Chimera (Neutral): 25 encounters; 7 tokens

3x Neutral
  • Chimera (Neutral), Chimera (Neutral), Chimera (Neutral): 9 encounters; 3 tokens

1x Nature, 1x Neutral
  • Double-Tailed Warcat (bugged), Chimera (Neutral), Warcat Protector (Nature): 20 encounters; 9 tokens

---

Arena data after Double-Tailed Warcats were fixed...

Arena Summary
  • Total packs: 111
  • Total monsters: 305
  • Nature monsters: 39
  • Neutral monsters: 75
  • Tokens: 33

1x Nature
  • Longneck Skirmisher (Wind), Warcat Protector (Nature), Longneck Interloper (Earth): 3 encounters; 2 tokens

2x Nature
  • Warcat Protector (Nature), Longneck Mender (Light), Warcat Protector (Nature): 2 encounters; 0 tokens

1x Neutral
  • Silver Springbok (Ice), Chimera (Neutral), Celestial Antelope (Light): 9 encounters; 2 tokens

2x Neutral
  • Chimera (Neutral), Chimera (Neutral): 5 encounters; 4 tokens
  • Double-Tailed Warcat (Neutral), Longneck Skirmisher (Wind), Double-Tailed Warcat (Neutral): 10 encounters; 7 tokens

3x Neutral
  • Chimera (Neutral), Chimera (Neutral), Chimera (Neutral): 2 encounters; 1 token

1x Nature, 1x Neutral
  • Double-Tailed Warcat (Neutral), Warcat Protector (Nature): 4 encounters; 2 tokens

1x Nature, 2x Neutral
  • Double-Tailed Warcat (Neutral), Chimera (Neutral), Warcat Protector (Nature): 5 encounters; 2 tokens
  • Double-Tailed Warcat (Neutral), Warcat Protector (Nature), Double-Tailed Warcat (Neutral): 3 encounters; 5 tokens

2x Nature, 1x Neutral
  • Warcat Protector (Nature), Double-Tailed Warcat (Neutral), Warcat Protector (Nature): 10 encounters; 8 tokens
@nika - Okay, so this is the sample where Double-Tailed Warcats were bugged and not dropping currency.

Arena Summary
  • Total packs: 357
  • Total monsters: 1015
  • Nature monsters: 129
  • Neutral monsters: 129 Double-Tailed Warcats excluded
  • Tokens: 58

1x Nature
  • Double-Tailed Warcat (bugged), Warcat Protector (Nature): 12 encounters; 3 tokens
  • Double-Tailed Warcat (bugged), Warcat Protector (Nature), Double-Tailed Warcat (bugged): 31 encounters; 10 tokens
  • Longneck Skirmisher (Wind), Warcat Protector (Nature), Longneck Interloper (Earth): 8 encounters; 1 token

2x Nature
  • Warcat Protector (Nature), Double-Tailed Warcat (Neutral), Warcat Protector (Nature): 13 encounters; 10 tokens
  • Warcat Protector (Nature), Longneck Mender (Light), Warcat Protector (Nature): 16 encounters; 12 tokens

1x Neutral
  • Silver Springbok (Ice), Chimera (Neutral), Celestial Antelope (Neutral): 32 encounters; 3 tokens

2x Neutral
  • Chimera (Neutral), Chimera (Neutral): 25 encounters; 7 tokens

3x Neutral
  • Chimera (Neutral), Chimera (Neutral), Chimera (Neutral): 9 encounters; 3 tokens

1x Nature, 1x Neutral
  • Double-Tailed Warcat (bugged), Chimera (Neutral), Warcat Protector (Nature): 20 encounters; 9 tokens

---

Arena data after Double-Tailed Warcats were fixed...

Arena Summary
  • Total packs: 111
  • Total monsters: 305
  • Nature monsters: 39
  • Neutral monsters: 75
  • Tokens: 33

1x Nature
  • Longneck Skirmisher (Wind), Warcat Protector (Nature), Longneck Interloper (Earth): 3 encounters; 2 tokens

2x Nature
  • Warcat Protector (Nature), Longneck Mender (Light), Warcat Protector (Nature): 2 encounters; 0 tokens

1x Neutral
  • Silver Springbok (Ice), Chimera (Neutral), Celestial Antelope (Light): 9 encounters; 2 tokens

2x Neutral
  • Chimera (Neutral), Chimera (Neutral): 5 encounters; 4 tokens
  • Double-Tailed Warcat (Neutral), Longneck Skirmisher (Wind), Double-Tailed Warcat (Neutral): 10 encounters; 7 tokens

3x Neutral
  • Chimera (Neutral), Chimera (Neutral), Chimera (Neutral): 2 encounters; 1 token

1x Nature, 1x Neutral
  • Double-Tailed Warcat (Neutral), Warcat Protector (Nature): 4 encounters; 2 tokens

1x Nature, 2x Neutral
  • Double-Tailed Warcat (Neutral), Chimera (Neutral), Warcat Protector (Nature): 5 encounters; 2 tokens
  • Double-Tailed Warcat (Neutral), Warcat Protector (Nature), Double-Tailed Warcat (Neutral): 3 encounters; 5 tokens

2x Nature, 1x Neutral
  • Warcat Protector (Nature), Double-Tailed Warcat (Neutral), Warcat Protector (Nature): 10 encounters; 8 tokens
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58