Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [guide] Coliseum Enemy Experience
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I updated the first page's explanation to include what happens when an XP boost event is active. As far as I can tell from testing in the Kelp Beds, the 50% XP boost stacks multiplicatively with the victory chain multiplier; they seem to all be multiplied first (after individual enemy xp is summed up), then the final total is floored at the end.

It's even simpler if you don't have a victory chain boost, since it's just floor(1.5 * the summed individual enemy xp). For example, bringing a lv25 to the Mire forfeits the victory chain XP (but it isn't high enough for a level penalty yet), so if you run into the Shellion - Mistwatch Shellion - Shellion pack, it's floor ((435 + 435 + 435) * 1.5). I specifically tested it and it gives 1957 XP, which proves that it's floor instead of round (just like with victory chain xp). If it was round, then it should give 1958 instead (because 435 * 3 * 1.5 is 1957.5).

Based on the numbers in the Kelp Beds, I'm reasonably sure that the floor is only applied once at the end, not at each bonus multiplication step (ie: floor(individual sum * victory chain bonus * event xp boost bonus), not floor(floor(individual sum * victory chain bonus) * event xp boost bonus)).
I updated the first page's explanation to include what happens when an XP boost event is active. As far as I can tell from testing in the Kelp Beds, the 50% XP boost stacks multiplicatively with the victory chain multiplier; they seem to all be multiplied first (after individual enemy xp is summed up), then the final total is floored at the end.

It's even simpler if you don't have a victory chain boost, since it's just floor(1.5 * the summed individual enemy xp). For example, bringing a lv25 to the Mire forfeits the victory chain XP (but it isn't high enough for a level penalty yet), so if you run into the Shellion - Mistwatch Shellion - Shellion pack, it's floor ((435 + 435 + 435) * 1.5). I specifically tested it and it gives 1957 XP, which proves that it's floor instead of round (just like with victory chain xp). If it was round, then it should give 1958 instead (because 435 * 3 * 1.5 is 1957.5).

Based on the numbers in the Kelp Beds, I'm reasonably sure that the floor is only applied once at the end, not at each bonus multiplication step (ie: floor(individual sum * victory chain bonus * event xp boost bonus), not floor(floor(individual sum * victory chain bonus) * event xp boost bonus)).
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
Did a small update of the exp/battles chart. The Mire revamp caused the average exp/battle to drop from 1239 down to 1190 due to the addition of a large amount of 2-packs.

Small caveat: The average is based on the assumption that all packs have the same chance of occurrence, but we know that they don't, so there's a little wiggle in the values. However, the drop in average exp is significant enough to note that the average exp per battle did indeed go down.

The potentially good news is that lower exp per battle does not necessarily translate to training times becoming longer; levels 5 and 6 still take the same number of battles on average, and level 7's number of battles only increased by 1. Also, 2-packs are sometimes good since they take less time per battle. I'll take speed tests eventually to compare to old Mire times.
Did a small update of the exp/battles chart. The Mire revamp caused the average exp/battle to drop from 1239 down to 1190 due to the addition of a large amount of 2-packs.

Small caveat: The average is based on the assumption that all packs have the same chance of occurrence, but we know that they don't, so there's a little wiggle in the values. However, the drop in average exp is significant enough to note that the average exp per battle did indeed go down.

The potentially good news is that lower exp per battle does not necessarily translate to training times becoming longer; levels 5 and 6 still take the same number of battles on average, and level 7's number of battles only increased by 1. Also, 2-packs are sometimes good since they take less time per battle. I'll take speed tests eventually to compare to old Mire times.
@Sylvandyr

Thank you for the new Mire average experience! I did 43 battles in 10 minutes (1 trainer 120 STR / 62 QCK / 30 VIT + 2 Level 1 dragons), so it takes only about 4.5 hours instead of 5 hours to train two dragons to Level 25.

Level 1-25

Mire
_
Battles

_
Battles/min

__
Hours

__
Hours/dragon

2.22 (~2h 13 min)
@Sylvandyr

Thank you for the new Mire average experience! I did 43 battles in 10 minutes (1 trainer 120 STR / 62 QCK / 30 VIT + 2 Level 1 dragons), so it takes only about 4.5 hours instead of 5 hours to train two dragons to Level 25.

Level 1-25

Mire
_
Battles

_
Battles/min

__
Hours

__
Hours/dragon

2.22 (~2h 13 min)
@Maki Thanks for the update! Seems like the pack changes have been helpful.
@Maki Thanks for the update! Seems like the pack changes have been helpful.
@Sylvandyr

If you want to update the guide, all the Kelp Beds packs are listed here.

@Sylvandyr

If you want to update the guide, all the Kelp Beds packs are listed here.

@Maki Oooh, thank you! I'll try to update it this weekend. :) I think the average XP per battle is going to change a bit.
@Maki Oooh, thank you! I'll try to update it this weekend. :) I think the average XP per battle is going to change a bit.
@Maki Thanks so much for the packs, I updated the xp charts. Looks like average xp per battle for the Kelp Beds went down. (1645 with 20% chain bonus down to 1551 with 20% chain bonus.)

That doesn't necessarily mean the Kelp Beds is worse than before, at least not for teams of 2 trainers. Note that part of the reason the average xp dropped a bunch is because Kelp Beds had a tiny amount of packs before, and the boss % weighted way higher than truth, because in actuality, bosses have a lower weight to appear than the other packs. (We only keep the % equal due to the tremendous amount of work it would take to test otherwise.) Anyway, the old Kelp Beds number was artificially inflated by the bosses, which is why the "drop" in average xp seems large, but it's not as bad as it looks.
@Maki Thanks so much for the packs, I updated the xp charts. Looks like average xp per battle for the Kelp Beds went down. (1645 with 20% chain bonus down to 1551 with 20% chain bonus.)

That doesn't necessarily mean the Kelp Beds is worse than before, at least not for teams of 2 trainers. Note that part of the reason the average xp dropped a bunch is because Kelp Beds had a tiny amount of packs before, and the boss % weighted way higher than truth, because in actuality, bosses have a lower weight to appear than the other packs. (We only keep the % equal due to the tremendous amount of work it would take to test otherwise.) Anyway, the old Kelp Beds number was artificially inflated by the bosses, which is why the "drop" in average xp seems large, but it's not as bad as it looks.
@Sylvandyr

Thank you! I got 40 battles in 10 minutes (126 STR / 58 QCK x2), which means about 4 hours to train a dragon to Level 25.

Training venue

Kelp Beds
___
Level 1-6
Minutes/dragon

2.25 (2m 15 sec)
_____
Level 1-25
Hours/dragon

4.04 (4h 02 min) (x1)
@Sylvandyr

Thank you! I got 40 battles in 10 minutes (126 STR / 58 QCK x2), which means about 4 hours to train a dragon to Level 25.

Training venue

Kelp Beds
___
Level 1-6
Minutes/dragon

2.25 (2m 15 sec)
_____
Level 1-25
Hours/dragon

4.04 (4h 02 min) (x1)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9