Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Tool] Dragon Inbreeding Checker

Considering how difficult it can be to determine whether or not two dragons are related or not, I decided to set up a simple form people can use to check before they ever get to the nesting grounds.

To use it, go here, and under the 'File' menu, click 'Make a copy...'. You can also choose to download it, but I'm not sure if other programs would preserve the conditional formatting.

The form is pretty self-explanatory, but I'll provide a user's guide in the next post. Just keep in mind that you should only be typing in the columns labelled 'Prospective Mate 1' and 'Prospective Mate 2'.

The basic format and inspiration for this form are both from @Kiena.

Considering how difficult it can be to determine whether or not two dragons are related or not, I decided to set up a simple form people can use to check before they ever get to the nesting grounds.

To use it, go here, and under the 'File' menu, click 'Make a copy...'. You can also choose to download it, but I'm not sure if other programs would preserve the conditional formatting.

The form is pretty self-explanatory, but I'll provide a user's guide in the next post. Just keep in mind that you should only be typing in the columns labelled 'Prospective Mate 1' and 'Prospective Mate 2'.

The basic format and inspiration for this form are both from @Kiena.
tumblr_ngzrrxU1xy1tfzajgo8_100.png tumblr_ngzrrxU1xy1tfzajgo5_100.png tumblr_ngzrrxU1xy1tfzajgo6_100.png
User Guide

Like I said in the first post, this form is pretty self-explanatory. Just enter the dragon id's in the appropriate columns. If an id appears in both columns, the corresponding cell in the 'Formula' column will turn red, which signals that the dragons are related and can't breed.

Columns:

Generation: This column denotes which generation the dragon id being entered belongs to. I added this column because I noticed that when using Kiena's method, I had a tendency to go way beyond the five-generation limit and got some false negatives. Basically, once one generation is completed, you move on to the next one, regardless of whether or not the whole section is filled.

Prospective Mate 1/2: These columns are where you actually enter dragon id's. The easiest way to fill these in is to start with the parent id's. Once those are filled, go down the column and enter the parent id's of each entry in sequence. Don't forget to move to the next generation once all id's in the previous generation have been checked!

Formula: This column checks each id in 'Prospective Mate 2' against every id in 'Prospective Mate 1'. If there's a match, conditional formatting turns the cell red. Do not touch this column unless conditional formatting is not working!
User Guide

Like I said in the first post, this form is pretty self-explanatory. Just enter the dragon id's in the appropriate columns. If an id appears in both columns, the corresponding cell in the 'Formula' column will turn red, which signals that the dragons are related and can't breed.

Columns:

Generation: This column denotes which generation the dragon id being entered belongs to. I added this column because I noticed that when using Kiena's method, I had a tendency to go way beyond the five-generation limit and got some false negatives. Basically, once one generation is completed, you move on to the next one, regardless of whether or not the whole section is filled.

Prospective Mate 1/2: These columns are where you actually enter dragon id's. The easiest way to fill these in is to start with the parent id's. Once those are filled, go down the column and enter the parent id's of each entry in sequence. Don't forget to move to the next generation once all id's in the previous generation have been checked!

Formula: This column checks each id in 'Prospective Mate 2' against every id in 'Prospective Mate 1'. If there's a match, conditional formatting turns the cell red. Do not touch this column unless conditional formatting is not working!
tumblr_ngzrrxU1xy1tfzajgo8_100.png tumblr_ngzrrxU1xy1tfzajgo5_100.png tumblr_ngzrrxU1xy1tfzajgo6_100.png
Version History
  • 02/05/2014: Version 1.0 - Form created
Version History
  • 02/05/2014: Version 1.0 - Form created
bump!
bump!
Wow this could be seriously useful, I have to try it out!
Wow this could be seriously useful, I have to try it out!
@MacGreine
There's an official inbreeding checker on the site now!
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=scrying&view=bloodlines
@MacGreine
There's an official inbreeding checker on the site now!
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=scrying&view=bloodlines
BMUOo5n.png2Zkxrjl.pngoHEFya3.gif
@NarentiDragon
@NarentiDragon
YCOzZhb.gif
theultimatecatsig.gif