Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | 10 For the Win! { Training for Colli }
Level10DragonArt_zps510c3ea3.jpg

Howdy y'all! I know some of you like myself are new and excited about the Coliseum battling! Whoop! That being said you want the great and mighty Level 10 Dragon, but it won't happen overnight. So, here are some tips in getting there!

Tips for Training:
1) Pick your team wisely. You have three battle slots for your team and it is very important to strategically place what type of dragons you want in each.
*Quick Fact #1*
There are 2 types of attack dragons:
1. The "Breath" attack dragons (Fae, Pearlcatcher) breeds who require using turns to increase breath [the blue bar] at the bottom for attacks. Pro: these attacks are usually stronger than regular attacks Con: you must constantly use turns to raise breath level in order to attack
2. The "Striker" attack dragons (Guardian, Imperial, Mirror, Spiral, Ridgeback) breeds who at first have two attacks which the dragon can use with every turn. Note* the swipe attack that can cause bleeding takes about three turns till use. Pro: attacks every turn causing damage unless attack is dodged Con: weaker attacks and no way of acquiring breath if given a stronger attack
2) Stick with three dragons. Now, we all know you have a ton of amazing dragons and you can definitely grind to your heart's content with all of them, but for hardcore training 3 is the magic number.
*Quick Fact #2*
After each battle, all the dragons in your party get equal amount of experience no matter how many dragons are in it
3) Know what stage to fight in. There are 11 different arenas each packed with monsters of different levels to fight with. Sometimes it is good to go to smaller levels with large leveled dragons to win quickly with about one or two sho
ts each turn, or you could go for a higher level arena but be warned about being weakened from all your dragons fainting.
4) Flight doesn't matter. Some moves can be found in battle that require a certain level and flight in dragon to use. However, there is no flight of dragon that is "more powerful" in the other it is purely based on stats and moves.
5) Fight monsters, not dragons. Me being a noob I haven't quite figured out the importance of clan rank in battle, but I do know your dragons gains little to no experience which doesn't help in trying to get a level 10 dragon ^.^
*Quick Fact #3*
along with getting food or power moves, you could also get familiars from the coliseum from the monsters you fight. Plus, it is very important to be fighting in the coliseum during a festival to get whatever currency for the festival from monsters of either the flight type for the festival or a neutral monster
6) Be consistent and determined. Now that you have you awesome team of three dragons fighting monsters, it is important to keep at it. Level 10 dragons aren't made overnight but by many, many, many monster battles
7) Once made it to Level 10, celebrate. WHOOP you did it! Get excited! Post a pic here so we can celebrate with you :)

Hope this helps and anyone please give more tips for me to add and post your newly made level 10 dragons! Thanks for reading!
Level10DragonArt_zps510c3ea3.jpg

Howdy y'all! I know some of you like myself are new and excited about the Coliseum battling! Whoop! That being said you want the great and mighty Level 10 Dragon, but it won't happen overnight. So, here are some tips in getting there!

Tips for Training:
1) Pick your team wisely. You have three battle slots for your team and it is very important to strategically place what type of dragons you want in each.
*Quick Fact #1*
There are 2 types of attack dragons:
1. The "Breath" attack dragons (Fae, Pearlcatcher) breeds who require using turns to increase breath [the blue bar] at the bottom for attacks. Pro: these attacks are usually stronger than regular attacks Con: you must constantly use turns to raise breath level in order to attack
2. The "Striker" attack dragons (Guardian, Imperial, Mirror, Spiral, Ridgeback) breeds who at first have two attacks which the dragon can use with every turn. Note* the swipe attack that can cause bleeding takes about three turns till use. Pro: attacks every turn causing damage unless attack is dodged Con: weaker attacks and no way of acquiring breath if given a stronger attack
2) Stick with three dragons. Now, we all know you have a ton of amazing dragons and you can definitely grind to your heart's content with all of them, but for hardcore training 3 is the magic number.
*Quick Fact #2*
After each battle, all the dragons in your party get equal amount of experience no matter how many dragons are in it
3) Know what stage to fight in. There are 11 different arenas each packed with monsters of different levels to fight with. Sometimes it is good to go to smaller levels with large leveled dragons to win quickly with about one or two sho
ts each turn, or you could go for a higher level arena but be warned about being weakened from all your dragons fainting.
4) Flight doesn't matter. Some moves can be found in battle that require a certain level and flight in dragon to use. However, there is no flight of dragon that is "more powerful" in the other it is purely based on stats and moves.
5) Fight monsters, not dragons. Me being a noob I haven't quite figured out the importance of clan rank in battle, but I do know your dragons gains little to no experience which doesn't help in trying to get a level 10 dragon ^.^
*Quick Fact #3*
along with getting food or power moves, you could also get familiars from the coliseum from the monsters you fight. Plus, it is very important to be fighting in the coliseum during a festival to get whatever currency for the festival from monsters of either the flight type for the festival or a neutral monster
6) Be consistent and determined. Now that you have you awesome team of three dragons fighting monsters, it is important to keep at it. Level 10 dragons aren't made overnight but by many, many, many monster battles
7) Once made it to Level 10, celebrate. WHOOP you did it! Get excited! Post a pic here so we can celebrate with you :)

Hope this helps and anyone please give more tips for me to add and post your newly made level 10 dragons! Thanks for reading!
m59NfS2.png
Hope everyone has a great Christmas !
Hope everyone has a great Christmas !
m59NfS2.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=979045] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/9791/979045_350.png[/img] [/url] First level 10 so excited :)

979045_350.png

First level 10 so excited :)
m59NfS2.png
A few more tips:

Decide whether your dragon is going to be a physical (strength-based) dragon or a magical (intelligence-based) dragon (any breed can be anything, but you may have to switch out their battle stones). You'll want to choose one or the other, because spreading your experience points out over all of the different stats just makes your dragon weaker -- you'll find it hard to handle the proper arena for your level and keep up a win chain.

Strength-based dragons should have their points in strength, quickness, and vitality. Some people like to put some points in agility, but I don't. Agility is good for helping you dodge attacks, which is nice, but it also makes you get more critical hits, which isn't necessary if you're already eliminating everything. I prefer to raise stats that will help me every single turn, not just sometimes. Most people who battle like I do use the 4 str/2 quick/1 vit ratio.

Strength-based dragons should have scratch, shred, and eliminate. Ambush is great on them as well, and field manual on one. After that, it's up to you -- I like shred and their elemental slash (str-based) attack.

Intelligence-based dragons should have points in intelligence, quickness, and vitality (same 4/2/1 ratio). I ignore mind and def entirely because vitality is "worth" more. They should have meditate, contuse, aid, and two discipline stones. I also like regeneration and an elemental bolt (int-based) attack.

For leveling up a team together, a lot of us like to use two attackers and one healer dragon, although some people will use three attackers. I prefer having a healer because then my dragons will very rarely all faint. For farming the coliseum for loot, however, three attackers is the way to go. Pick an arena where they can eliminate everything in one hit, and go to town!
A few more tips:

Decide whether your dragon is going to be a physical (strength-based) dragon or a magical (intelligence-based) dragon (any breed can be anything, but you may have to switch out their battle stones). You'll want to choose one or the other, because spreading your experience points out over all of the different stats just makes your dragon weaker -- you'll find it hard to handle the proper arena for your level and keep up a win chain.

Strength-based dragons should have their points in strength, quickness, and vitality. Some people like to put some points in agility, but I don't. Agility is good for helping you dodge attacks, which is nice, but it also makes you get more critical hits, which isn't necessary if you're already eliminating everything. I prefer to raise stats that will help me every single turn, not just sometimes. Most people who battle like I do use the 4 str/2 quick/1 vit ratio.

Strength-based dragons should have scratch, shred, and eliminate. Ambush is great on them as well, and field manual on one. After that, it's up to you -- I like shred and their elemental slash (str-based) attack.

Intelligence-based dragons should have points in intelligence, quickness, and vitality (same 4/2/1 ratio). I ignore mind and def entirely because vitality is "worth" more. They should have meditate, contuse, aid, and two discipline stones. I also like regeneration and an elemental bolt (int-based) attack.

For leveling up a team together, a lot of us like to use two attackers and one healer dragon, although some people will use three attackers. I prefer having a healer because then my dragons will very rarely all faint. For farming the coliseum for loot, however, three attackers is the way to go. Pick an arena where they can eliminate everything in one hit, and go to town!
@Cranberry thanks so much for the tips ^.^
@Cranberry thanks so much for the tips ^.^
m59NfS2.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1049414] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/10495/1049414_350.png[/img] [/url] Second lvl 10 :)

1049414_350.png
Second lvl 10 :)
m59NfS2.png
BUMP
BUMP
m59NfS2.png
My first level 10's! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45781] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/458/45781_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=249942] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/2500/249942_350.png[/img] [/url]
My first level 10's!

45781_350.png

249942_350.png
^
^