Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Performance + Optimization Discussion
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13
@____________@

EVERYTHING takes .5-1 full second to load.

W
O
W

I am amazed, it seems optimization is working
wonders - i can only hope it continues. i spent
10 minutes hitting EVERY button on this site.
@____________@

EVERYTHING takes .5-1 full second to load.

W
O
W

I am amazed, it seems optimization is working
wonders - i can only hope it continues. i spent
10 minutes hitting EVERY button on this site.
Dragon Lair: 1 second
Dragon Profiles: 3-4 seconds
Marketplace: 2 seconds
Auction: 1 second
trading post: 1 second
Coliseum: 2-3 seconds
Dominance: 1 second
Nesting ground: 2 seconds
Account settings: 1 second
Users online: 1 second
home page: 1-2 seconds
Gathering grounds: 4-6 seconds
forums: 1 second
Wiki page: 1 second
Hoard: 2 seconds
Dragon Lair: 1 second
Dragon Profiles: 3-4 seconds
Marketplace: 2 seconds
Auction: 1 second
trading post: 1 second
Coliseum: 2-3 seconds
Dominance: 1 second
Nesting ground: 2 seconds
Account settings: 1 second
Users online: 1 second
home page: 1-2 seconds
Gathering grounds: 4-6 seconds
forums: 1 second
Wiki page: 1 second
Hoard: 2 seconds
tumblr_of4sjxvE6z1secmx8o1_1280.gif
Woah, ok, so since I posted (a few seconds ago, lol) things have sped up, now the lair is also loading quickly, and messages (which have always taken a long time) are coming up fast too! Whatever you're doing, KEEP DOING IT! ♥
Woah, ok, so since I posted (a few seconds ago, lol) things have sped up, now the lair is also loading quickly, and messages (which have always taken a long time) are coming up fast too! Whatever you're doing, KEEP DOING IT! ♥
Timed from click to full image load

Dragon Lair: 4-5 seconds
Dragon Profile: 3 seconds
Familiar bonding: 3-5 seconds
Marketplace: 4 seconds
Purchasing apparel: 2 seconds
Auction House: 2 seconds
Trading Post: 3-4 seconds
Hoard: 3-4 seconds

All in all, it seems that the image heavy pages of the dragon profiles take the most time. Everything else is running rather smoothly at the moment.
Timed from click to full image load

Dragon Lair: 4-5 seconds
Dragon Profile: 3 seconds
Familiar bonding: 3-5 seconds
Marketplace: 4 seconds
Purchasing apparel: 2 seconds
Auction House: 2 seconds
Trading Post: 3-4 seconds
Hoard: 3-4 seconds

All in all, it seems that the image heavy pages of the dragon profiles take the most time. Everything else is running rather smoothly at the moment.
nDsT6rK.png 244.str.Shamise2_zpsx4cgau62.pngshamise_pixels_final.gif35jwmte.jpg
I clicked around a bunch of times to places I often go. These are the longest in seconds!

Coli- 4
Lair - 2
Individual Dragon- 2
Nesting Grounds- 2
Marketplace - 2
Forums- 3
Fairgrounds- 3
Auction House- 2
Runestones - 5 (to load the loading bar)
I clicked around a bunch of times to places I often go. These are the longest in seconds!

Coli- 4
Lair - 2
Individual Dragon- 2
Nesting Grounds- 2
Marketplace - 2
Forums- 3
Fairgrounds- 3
Auction House- 2
Runestones - 5 (to load the loading bar)
eFhQ85.png
Dragon Lair: everything was only taking a second or two to load completely, although some images were failing to load, mostly familiar and apparel icons.
Nesting grounds, and hoard both loaded very fast (1-2 seconds).
Gathering loaded same time, but images failed to load.
Trading post was the same, but everything laoded and I was able to get things off Crim very fast.
Marketplace and AH loaded fast.
Fairgrounds loaded fast, but the images failed to load. Refreshed, images loaded and puzzles opened fine (it was the only one I tested).
Coliseum was my issue. It loaded fast when it did, but I couldn't get past level select, it kept coming up with an "error loading sprite" pop up. This is a fairly regular occurrence for me. Tried reloading about 5 times, kept getting the sprite error.
Dragon Lair: everything was only taking a second or two to load completely, although some images were failing to load, mostly familiar and apparel icons.
Nesting grounds, and hoard both loaded very fast (1-2 seconds).
Gathering loaded same time, but images failed to load.
Trading post was the same, but everything laoded and I was able to get things off Crim very fast.
Marketplace and AH loaded fast.
Fairgrounds loaded fast, but the images failed to load. Refreshed, images loaded and puzzles opened fine (it was the only one I tested).
Coliseum was my issue. It loaded fast when it did, but I couldn't get past level select, it kept coming up with an "error loading sprite" pop up. This is a fairly regular occurrence for me. Tried reloading about 5 times, kept getting the sprite error.
Using Chrome ATM
Lair took 5 seconds to load
but feeding my dragons took 25 second
AH take's about 3-5 seconds to load pictures

And I don't know if this is part of the test, but Runes is having an extensive delay with retrieving server information after completing a level. Took about 30 second to a minute before, and then sometimes it'll clear up, but then be back to being delayed again.

Also, I'm noticing there is a delay in load time in FireFox (currently using the Waterfox build specifically) anywhere from a few milliseconds to 3 seconds difference in load times. (one example, hoard in Chrome taking 2 seconds, hoard in Waterfox taking about 6 seconds) I'm going to point out that I don't typically have this delay in load times between these two browsers.
Using Chrome ATM
Lair took 5 seconds to load
but feeding my dragons took 25 second
AH take's about 3-5 seconds to load pictures

And I don't know if this is part of the test, but Runes is having an extensive delay with retrieving server information after completing a level. Took about 30 second to a minute before, and then sometimes it'll clear up, but then be back to being delayed again.

Also, I'm noticing there is a delay in load time in FireFox (currently using the Waterfox build specifically) anywhere from a few milliseconds to 3 seconds difference in load times. (one example, hoard in Chrome taking 2 seconds, hoard in Waterfox taking about 6 seconds) I'm going to point out that I don't typically have this delay in load times between these two browsers.
DeviantArt | Weasyl | Art Tumblr | Flight Rising Tumblr | DW | Toyhouse
Coliseum is slow - the actions and attacks takes much longer than usual - each one ~7 secs
Coliseum is slow - the actions and attacks takes much longer than usual - each one ~7 secs
banner_art_by_wispywaffle-d7qqr7j.pngbanner_skin_by_wispywaffle-d7qqr7f.png
Going to your Clan Profile from any page takes longer to load than other pages, approximately 5-7 seconds
Going to your Clan Profile from any page takes longer to load than other pages, approximately 5-7 seconds
Loading FR main page 1 sec
Login in 2sec
Dragon Lair 1 sec
Feeding dragons 1 sec
oh wow lol
Closing the "Fed" dialogue 1 sec
Each gathering turn 5 sec
Jump to Hoard 1 sec
Hoard loads in 2 sec..
ok its running so smoothly... *-*!!
Loading FR main page 1 sec
Login in 2sec