Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is Shockswitch ripping me off?
1 2 3 4
I keep hearing about my friends who are playing shock-switch, who are playing on easy and can make 7K from a 20,000 score.

I got a 98,000ish score, ten minutes of playing on easy, and didn't even make 4K.

What's wrong with this picture? I've never made over 4K no matter what difficulty I play it on, and I can always make it around the ten minute mark before getting bored and ending the game.

Do you guys feel like it's payout is too cheap, or is it something wrong in my end? This just doesn't seem right to me.
I keep hearing about my friends who are playing shock-switch, who are playing on easy and can make 7K from a 20,000 score.

I got a 98,000ish score, ten minutes of playing on easy, and didn't even make 4K.

What's wrong with this picture? I've never made over 4K no matter what difficulty I play it on, and I can always make it around the ten minute mark before getting bored and ending the game.

Do you guys feel like it's payout is too cheap, or is it something wrong in my end? This just doesn't seem right to me.
I was really hoping to be able to make a good amount of money out of that game because it's the only one that seems any amount of entertaining, but it's giving me hardly anything for my time and I'm not sure if that's normal or not.
I was really hoping to be able to make a good amount of money out of that game because it's the only one that seems any amount of entertaining, but it's giving me hardly anything for my time and I'm not sure if that's normal or not.
If you dig around on the forums you'll find that many people are getting payouts that are simply all over the place! It's not just you, it is the game being buggy still. It is still in beta after all.
Heck, at least it gives treasure now!
If you dig around on the forums you'll find that many people are getting payouts that are simply all over the place! It's not just you, it is the game being buggy still. It is still in beta after all.
Heck, at least it gives treasure now!
she/her | 8sddrpT.png| fae/faer
Our Flight is the Flight that will pierce the Heavens!
Oh, I didn't know about this! I'm going to try to pay more attention with the payout!

@AutumnWyvern
Agreed, I'm still happy that it gives treasure now!

Because I'm sick of those puzzles. No more. No more.
Oh, I didn't know about this! I'm going to try to pay more attention with the payout!

@AutumnWyvern
Agreed, I'm still happy that it gives treasure now!

Because I'm sick of those puzzles. No more. No more.
Alright, I really wanted to make sure that it wasn't just me. I like that it's giving me treasure, but it really made me upset and frustrated to hear that a score three times higher than someone else's was only getting half of their payout.

I would like to know where it's going to stabilize at, because if they decide that MY payouts are more acceptable, I might give up on that game. I don't have tons of time to play something like that, compared to the coliseum that I can jump back to whenever and still know what I was doing.

It's just such a fun game! I would love to be able to play it and earn decent amount through it.
Alright, I really wanted to make sure that it wasn't just me. I like that it's giving me treasure, but it really made me upset and frustrated to hear that a score three times higher than someone else's was only getting half of their payout.

I would like to know where it's going to stabilize at, because if they decide that MY payouts are more acceptable, I might give up on that game. I don't have tons of time to play something like that, compared to the coliseum that I can jump back to whenever and still know what I was doing.

It's just such a fun game! I would love to be able to play it and earn decent amount through it.
I've gotten over 12k a couple times, but that's on easy, with around 400,000 score and 20-30 minutes of gameplay each. And the game is still a bit buggy as stated above.

I think in the Beta Thread someone was talking about what the combos get you, like matching 3, 4, 5, etc. and each combo gives you a set amount of Treasure.

Numbers are not exact:
3 gets you 50t, 4 gets 75t, 5 100t, etc etc.

I noticed since I started figuring ways to set up 4+ combos that my output has increased much much more when I play for shorter amounts of time.

I'll test out 20,000 point limits to see what I get.

Update: Did a quick game on Easy and one on Very Hard. Got to 20k and only got 774T on Easy and 306 on Very Hard. I honestly don't think 7k for 20,000 is even possible, unless you're a wizard.

'Nother Update: did 100,000 points on Easy and got 3815T. I seriously don't think you'll get 7k from 20,000 points.
I've gotten over 12k a couple times, but that's on easy, with around 400,000 score and 20-30 minutes of gameplay each. And the game is still a bit buggy as stated above.

I think in the Beta Thread someone was talking about what the combos get you, like matching 3, 4, 5, etc. and each combo gives you a set amount of Treasure.

Numbers are not exact:
3 gets you 50t, 4 gets 75t, 5 100t, etc etc.

I noticed since I started figuring ways to set up 4+ combos that my output has increased much much more when I play for shorter amounts of time.

I'll test out 20,000 point limits to see what I get.

Update: Did a quick game on Easy and one on Very Hard. Got to 20k and only got 774T on Easy and 306 on Very Hard. I honestly don't think 7k for 20,000 is even possible, unless you're a wizard.

'Nother Update: did 100,000 points on Easy and got 3815T. I seriously don't think you'll get 7k from 20,000 points.
Space Daddy is Love, Space Daddy is Life.
Fan of Cosmic Things. And Pastels.
Current Cosmic Obsession: Descender by Jeff Lemire and Dustin Nyugen
Triple Tyranny Club Triple X
I feel like I make the most from playing on very hard and losing quickly. 1.5-2 minute games net me 550-600T which puts it around on par with easy puzzles.

Haven't played around with it a ton yet though.
I feel like I make the most from playing on very hard and losing quickly. 1.5-2 minute games net me 550-600T which puts it around on par with easy puzzles.

Haven't played around with it a ton yet though.
nature_banner_zps7103872d.png
I get the most treasure playing on very easy. A bit earlier I played, got to something like 200k, and made around 13k.
I get the most treasure playing on very easy. A bit earlier I played, got to something like 200k, and made around 13k.
I've heard a theory that speeding up the game, like with right clicking to make the tiles move faster, adds to the score. Also clearing the board with the special move that has to charge up doesn't seem to pay, so I wouldn't do it unless you really had to.
I've heard a theory that speeding up the game, like with right clicking to make the tiles move faster, adds to the score. Also clearing the board with the special move that has to charge up doesn't seem to pay, so I wouldn't do it unless you really had to.
@Reya
I'll keep that in mind! I tend to hit the space bar a LOT to move the rows up, so I'm glad to hear that it isn't taking away from my score. I'll also be sure to avoid the special move from here on out.
@Reya
I'll keep that in mind! I tend to hit the space bar a LOT to move the rows up, so I'm glad to hear that it isn't taking away from my score. I'll also be sure to avoid the special move from here on out.
1 2 3 4