Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Modern terts?
i agree and i especially wish there were more subtle terts, it feels like we have so many options for busy primaries and secondaries that by the time i get to scrying the terts its just... too much, even when its a matchy color sometimes. thylacine is a great idea but has such a strong fade of color down, points i wish wouldnt cover so much of wings, crackle and flecks are cool but also wind up covering too much for me, capsule can be very good or very bad depending on the pose and breed you pick, stuff like runes and ghost feels overdone.... it feels like spines continues to be the only choice for "i want a tert but i dont want it to overwhelm the rest of the dragon or be super situational"

this is kind of a first world complaint lol cause it is awesome that we have so many choices to design the primary and secondary, but i do feel like i get stuck more often on the tert than anything else
i agree and i especially wish there were more subtle terts, it feels like we have so many options for busy primaries and secondaries that by the time i get to scrying the terts its just... too much, even when its a matchy color sometimes. thylacine is a great idea but has such a strong fade of color down, points i wish wouldnt cover so much of wings, crackle and flecks are cool but also wind up covering too much for me, capsule can be very good or very bad depending on the pose and breed you pick, stuff like runes and ghost feels overdone.... it feels like spines continues to be the only choice for "i want a tert but i dont want it to overwhelm the rest of the dragon or be super situational"

this is kind of a first world complaint lol cause it is awesome that we have so many choices to design the primary and secondary, but i do feel like i get stuck more often on the tert than anything else
lightninganim3.gif 0eGuNQX.png
yG0Lt9s.png
uY2YPWr.png
HxL61bT.png
mmoRz30.png
WXBzxw1.gif
2eDtvZS.png
cNlQITm.png
qLsXWsx.png
ll0CfnD.png
mlHpBMC.png
FObX7rS.png
plagueanim4.gif
I agree; some of the Ancient exclusive, non-linebreaking genes would be great candidates for a modern port.

Weathered, Darts, Squiggle, Trimmings etc - they'd all be great!

Thats not even mentioning the 'barely linebreaking' candidates like Blossom.
I agree; some of the Ancient exclusive, non-linebreaking genes would be great candidates for a modern port.

Weathered, Darts, Squiggle, Trimmings etc - they'd all be great!

Thats not even mentioning the 'barely linebreaking' candidates like Blossom.
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png
I can only agree with all of this. Moderns need more terts, especially a few more simple ones that pair well with busy primary/secondary genes. I kinda wish staff would focus a bit more on modern terts for a couple of updates haha
I can only agree with all of this. Moderns need more terts, especially a few more simple ones that pair well with busy primary/secondary genes. I kinda wish staff would focus a bit more on modern terts for a couple of updates haha
Would absolutely love an update where they just add 3-5 terts to moderns. I really only find a handful of modern terts appealing...and not enough have color variation!
Would absolutely love an update where they just add 3-5 terts to moderns. I really only find a handful of modern terts appealing...and not enough have color variation!
CLljvdp.png a41c8bd7caa71e11f8fe6fcb18dd2bc4b3d3478d.png
I would like this, and I think Kumo would work well on modern dragons.
kumo
I would like this, and I think Kumo would work well on modern dragons.
kumo
Not even porting non-linebreakers from Ancients, I just want more terts.... please, staff.... no more prims/secs for a while..... please........
Not even porting non-linebreakers from Ancients, I just want more terts.... please, staff.... no more prims/secs for a while..... please........
3bEOp4c.png ebvHLqD.png Lseu1vC.png
Ping me if you want my attention.
yes we need more terts because I end up gravitationg towards the same few and sometimes the tert color is nice but there isn't always a tert that matches. also modern blossom please it could be like sparkle except in the lines or like a pattern? I need it
yes we need more terts because I end up gravitationg towards the same few and sometimes the tert color is nice but there isn't always a tert that matches. also modern blossom please it could be like sparkle except in the lines or like a pattern? I need it
72446457p.png71974808p.png FR+0 Art Shop Avatar Dragon
I would die for some new modern tertiary genes
I would die for some new modern tertiary genes
JCyTIpO.jpeg
blossom, topcoat, or even something completely new would be so fantastic. as someone on frblr mentioned we are in especially great need of terts that show accent colors
blossom, topcoat, or even something completely new would be so fantastic. as someone on frblr mentioned we are in especially great need of terts that show accent colors
lriUxTs.png
I would give my heart, soul, and entire bank account for more terts with accent colors. There's so many times where it could save a tert, but the only options are like...peacock and koi, I think? One of those being a steep 1200g. Sure, some colors get fades on some terts like metals or orca, but please please PLEASE more terts with accent colors!!
I would give my heart, soul, and entire bank account for more terts with accent colors. There's so many times where it could save a tert, but the only options are like...peacock and koi, I think? One of those being a steep 1200g. Sure, some colors get fades on some terts like metals or orca, but please please PLEASE more terts with accent colors!!
Gek4MgE.png
GOoia7D.png
CISPrku.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
mlHpBMC.png
z3FSuck.png
5hF3FGk.png
Q0Bai3e.png
W3zVYMS.png