Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What does the Plague symbol represent?
1 2
I want to hear your thoughts! Kinda curious to hear your unabridged ideas before you read mine too lol. I think it represents a cell undergoing mitosis! I think it makes sense considering the Plague flight is all about adapting to harsh conditions. Like, Life and the extremes it will go to to persist are actually so much scarier sometimes than death and decay, that's what I think of.
I want to hear your thoughts! Kinda curious to hear your unabridged ideas before you read mine too lol. I think it represents a cell undergoing mitosis! I think it makes sense considering the Plague flight is all about adapting to harsh conditions. Like, Life and the extremes it will go to to persist are actually so much scarier sometimes than death and decay, that's what I think of.
picmix-com-11751439.gif
Custom PicMixs for your Dragons & OCs; click Here now!
My first thought was that it was like... an abstraction of a double helix, maybe with some cells. Because it IS the bacterial flight to me, tbh. But I like your idea as well, I can easily see it being that.
My first thought was that it was like... an abstraction of a double helix, maybe with some cells. Because it IS the bacterial flight to me, tbh. But I like your idea as well, I can easily see it being that.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I feel like somewhere someone at staff confirmed that that was what it was supposed to be.... but I can't find it and I don't know who would've said it or if that is even actually a thing that happened. :( Edit: NVM I found it! [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2018-02-02 15:30:51" ] The original inspiration was a cross between a DNA helix and cells/bacteria :) [/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2371098#post_31576163]Here![/url]
I feel like somewhere someone at staff confirmed that that was what it was supposed to be.... but I can't find it and I don't know who would've said it or if that is even actually a thing that happened. :(

Edit: NVM I found it!
Xhaztol wrote on 2018-02-02 15:30:51:
The original inspiration was a cross between a DNA helix and cells/bacteria :)
Here!
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
I thought of the circles as cells of the host and the line as an invader/disease breaching/evading the host's defenses.

I like the symbol a lot. It's very neat and pleasing visually (I love sine-graph lines) and can be interpreted many ways.
I thought of the circles as cells of the host and the line as an invader/disease breaching/evading the host's defenses.

I like the symbol a lot. It's very neat and pleasing visually (I love sine-graph lines) and can be interpreted many ways.
To be honest, I'm not even sure what the Ice symbol is either.
pSn2GKM.png

I've always thought of it as an infinity symbol mixed with like... pustules, I guess? But the DNA helix and cells is super cool!

I've always thought of it as an infinity symbol mixed with like... pustules, I guess? But the DNA helix and cells is super cool!
he/it
FR + 3
......................................................................................
woWS5xE.png
[emoji=plague rune size=1] Oh cool! I never thought of it as cells. I like that alot
Oh cool! I never thought of it as cells. I like that alot
2.png
HdmxfuE.png
Mrw4w2X.png
[quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2024-05-06 17:48:28" ] I feel like somewhere someone at staff confirmed that that was what it was supposed to be.... but I can't find it and I don't know who would've said it or if that is even actually a thing that happened. :( Edit: NVM I found it! [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2018-02-02 15:30:51" ] The original inspiration was a cross between a DNA helix and cells/bacteria :) [/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2371098#post_31576163]Here![/url] [/quote] ohh nice!! yeah it does look like a helix as well. I was reading the two circles as daughter cells, and the curved line as being like, the motion of them splitting apart. I think the fact that it resembles multiple highly thematic things is a demonstration of how good of a symbol it is. very unique.
Halszkaraptor wrote on 2024-05-06 17:48:28:
I feel like somewhere someone at staff confirmed that that was what it was supposed to be.... but I can't find it and I don't know who would've said it or if that is even actually a thing that happened. :(

Edit: NVM I found it!
Xhaztol wrote on 2018-02-02 15:30:51:
The original inspiration was a cross between a DNA helix and cells/bacteria :)
Here!

ohh nice!! yeah it does look like a helix as well. I was reading the two circles as daughter cells, and the curved line as being like, the motion of them splitting apart. I think the fact that it resembles multiple highly thematic things is a demonstration of how good of a symbol it is. very unique.
picmix-com-11751439.gif
Custom PicMixs for your Dragons & OCs; click Here now!
I was thinking mitosis
I was thinking mitosis
[quote name="Defure" date="2024-05-06 17:50:25" ] To be honest, I'm not even sure what the Ice symbol is either. [/quote] It looks like a very icicle-looking snowflake to me :p
Defure wrote on 2024-05-06 17:50:25:

It looks like a very icicle-looking snowflake to me :p
1 2