Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | headcanons for tertiary genes?
I always wonder when I see variety of tertiary ESPECIALLY ancients.
Like, for example antlers on dusthide! Do you think they use them to help digging?
Tenatacles on undertide! Do you think they can ink like an octopus?
Do dragons with angler use it to lure prey? If so how would a non water dragon useit? Maybe a shadow dragon using it as a light in the dark to eat bugs and stuff!!

So many possibilities has anybody else thought about it like that??
I always wonder when I see variety of tertiary ESPECIALLY ancients.
Like, for example antlers on dusthide! Do you think they use them to help digging?
Tenatacles on undertide! Do you think they can ink like an octopus?
Do dragons with angler use it to lure prey? If so how would a non water dragon useit? Maybe a shadow dragon using it as a light in the dark to eat bugs and stuff!!

So many possibilities has anybody else thought about it like that??
yPXQqTN.png
one of my undertides Kurai has the jellyfish gene and can (and will) sting other dragons

i imagine that thundercrack on sandsurges gives the dragon an electric hiss to their voice when angry and also has more potent magic (especially when lightning element)

i'm probs forgetting something but that's all i have!
one of my undertides Kurai has the jellyfish gene and can (and will) sting other dragons

i imagine that thundercrack on sandsurges gives the dragon an electric hiss to their voice when angry and also has more potent magic (especially when lightning element)

i'm probs forgetting something but that's all i have!
NcRl9aq.png
I like to think the antlers on Dusties are rubbery/flexible instead of the usual hard bone antlers hence how they can roll around with them! So they would be less for serious fighting (unless a pair want to playfully butt heads) and more for display - but they could be used for digging!
I like to think the antlers on Dusties are rubbery/flexible instead of the usual hard bone antlers hence how they can roll around with them! So they would be less for serious fighting (unless a pair want to playfully butt heads) and more for display - but they could be used for digging!
34813.png17499.png51945.png17500.png34814.png
[quote name="BlooTheDragon" date="2024-04-25 14:56:22" ] I like to think the antlers on Dusties are rubbery/flexible instead of the usual hard bone antlers hence how they can roll around with them! So they would be less for serious fighting (unless a pair want to playfully butt heads) and more for display - but they could be used for digging! [/quote] Maybe Dusthides have somewhat retractable antlers? It's a weird thought, but...
BlooTheDragon wrote on 2024-04-25 14:56:22:
Maybe Dusthides have somewhat retractable antlers? It's a weird thought, but...
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
Runes and Smoke were attempts to create magical tattoos that somehow became heritable, because the ghost of Charles Darwin cries when you mix magic into biology.
Runes and Smoke were attempts to create magical tattoos that somehow became heritable, because the ghost of Charles Darwin cries when you mix magic into biology.
they/them - geologist & artist

art + tabletop gaming blog