Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What are the chances...
I decided to buy a beautiful male Aberration to breed with, and when I go to put them together, the male is blotted out. So I do some snooping, and find out that they're RELATED. My girl is a 43mil# and the male is an 87mil#. The ancestor in question is 6 years old. Morrigan is 5 years old and this new male I bought is THREE MONTHS OLD. Ancestry goes back that far??? I'm so bummed out right now. [img]https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.3697792969.8978/raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg[/img]
I decided to buy a beautiful male Aberration to breed with, and when I go to put them together, the male is blotted out. So I do some snooping, and find out that they're RELATED.

My girl is a 43mil# and the male is an 87mil#. The ancestor in question is 6 years old. Morrigan is 5 years old and this new male I bought is THREE MONTHS OLD.

Ancestry goes back that far??? I'm so bummed out right now.

raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg
3BhEU2h.png DGN2lMC.png 3BhEU2h.png
oh man, unlucky D:
ancestry only counts as "Dragons related within 5 generations," which means it checks the 4 most recent sets of ancestors, so parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, and great-great-grandparents (the 5th generation in question is the dragon themself). usually dragons are distant enough from old dragons by now that it's rare to be incompatible because of an old relative
but sometimes those old relatives stay active and keep being bred, or sometimes their descendants stay active and keep getting bred, even years later, which is usually how that happens. sometimes even if the age is old, the lineage itself has only progressed a few generations

i recently ran into this with my new aether breeding project. i need a specific color scheme that is luckily very common, but almost all of the dragons with that set of colors are related to the same ~4ish lineages. one of the lineages they're often related to is a pair that's 6+ years old and still being actively bred! it surprised me when i found them because it seems like it's pretty rare for old dragons to still be actively bred much now
oh man, unlucky D:
ancestry only counts as "Dragons related within 5 generations," which means it checks the 4 most recent sets of ancestors, so parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, and great-great-grandparents (the 5th generation in question is the dragon themself). usually dragons are distant enough from old dragons by now that it's rare to be incompatible because of an old relative
but sometimes those old relatives stay active and keep being bred, or sometimes their descendants stay active and keep getting bred, even years later, which is usually how that happens. sometimes even if the age is old, the lineage itself has only progressed a few generations

i recently ran into this with my new aether breeding project. i need a specific color scheme that is luckily very common, but almost all of the dragons with that set of colors are related to the same ~4ish lineages. one of the lineages they're often related to is a pair that's 6+ years old and still being actively bred! it surprised me when i found them because it seems like it's pretty rare for old dragons to still be actively bred much now
Nonbinary
Trans Masculine
Xenogender

Avatar Dragon. The button is linked to my current avatar dragon.
For sale. The button is linked to my dragon sales lair tab.
limes, benrey, or belial || they/them & neos

on at weird times
very anxious, so forum activity is sporadic at best
for my dragons - pose =/= pronouns. please use they/them for any of them unless otherwise specified
@corrosivelimes

The worst part about all of this, the ancestor that it showed hasn't been fed at all and looks like the account was abandoned for a while. So it doesn't look like the mother's been interacted with in a while. T_T

I paid 95 gems for him, too. I'd relist him, but he's pretty.
@corrosivelimes

The worst part about all of this, the ancestor that it showed hasn't been fed at all and looks like the account was abandoned for a while. So it doesn't look like the mother's been interacted with in a while. T_T

I paid 95 gems for him, too. I'd relist him, but he's pretty.
3BhEU2h.png DGN2lMC.png 3BhEU2h.png
the shared ancestor doesn't specifically have to be the active one, as long as other descendants of hers has stayed active

it looks morrigan and omen's lineages to her go something like

Morrigan > Valiant > Sanguine > Valkyrie
Omen > Skirr > Consuela > Tarquisha > Valkyrie

valkyrie was likely last active 2ish years ago from the looks of it
tarquisha is unfed but in an active lair, also hasn't been bred for nearly 2 years based on youngest offspring
sanguine is exalted, but consuela looks like she had a nest ~4 months ago despite being 4 years old
valiant also looks inactive, with his kids after morrigan all being exalted from the looks of it, but skirr has also been bred within the past half year

so it seems like even though the most recent shared common ancestor is inactive, the color combo she had and was bred for is a really popular one and some of her descendants that became omen's ancestors just Happened to stay active and breeding for several years. it looks like all of omen's ancestors related to valkyrie are all still in currently active lairs, which means they could theoretically be bred again at any time and produce more offspring related to valkyrie, even though she herself is no longer active. that's how dragons can be related to an old, inactive dragon even if it's been years since they were last bred ^^

the good news though is that omen is only just barely too closely related to morrigan to breed. so while he won't be able to, any of his kids would be far enough away genetically that they'd be compatible with morrigan
the shared ancestor doesn't specifically have to be the active one, as long as other descendants of hers has stayed active

it looks morrigan and omen's lineages to her go something like

Morrigan > Valiant > Sanguine > Valkyrie
Omen > Skirr > Consuela > Tarquisha > Valkyrie

valkyrie was likely last active 2ish years ago from the looks of it
tarquisha is unfed but in an active lair, also hasn't been bred for nearly 2 years based on youngest offspring
sanguine is exalted, but consuela looks like she had a nest ~4 months ago despite being 4 years old
valiant also looks inactive, with his kids after morrigan all being exalted from the looks of it, but skirr has also been bred within the past half year

so it seems like even though the most recent shared common ancestor is inactive, the color combo she had and was bred for is a really popular one and some of her descendants that became omen's ancestors just Happened to stay active and breeding for several years. it looks like all of omen's ancestors related to valkyrie are all still in currently active lairs, which means they could theoretically be bred again at any time and produce more offspring related to valkyrie, even though she herself is no longer active. that's how dragons can be related to an old, inactive dragon even if it's been years since they were last bred ^^

the good news though is that omen is only just barely too closely related to morrigan to breed. so while he won't be able to, any of his kids would be far enough away genetically that they'd be compatible with morrigan
Nonbinary
Trans Masculine
Xenogender

Avatar Dragon. The button is linked to my current avatar dragon.
For sale. The button is linked to my dragon sales lair tab.
limes, benrey, or belial || they/them & neos

on at weird times
very anxious, so forum activity is sporadic at best
for my dragons - pose =/= pronouns. please use they/them for any of them unless otherwise specified
@corrosivelimes

I’ve experienced the same thing except with xxx peach, all were related to eachother so I needed to make my own peach xxx with unrelated dragons for a peach breeding pair
@corrosivelimes

I’ve experienced the same thing except with xxx peach, all were related to eachother so I needed to make my own peach xxx with unrelated dragons for a peach breeding pair
fiFase7.pngOjYCOIV.pngP1rAfwB.pngOjYCOIV.pngfiFase7.png

5bhFa.gif zE939.gif Jx8qB.gif zwJ3u.gif zrsu3.gif 5WR0P.gif sbjbm.gif 5H8sG.gif
Do not afraid contact hungry lair. ATM lots of active players keep dragons unfed porposelly.
Do not afraid contact hungry lair. ATM lots of active players keep dragons unfed porposelly.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy