Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Have you spent any RL money on gems?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I've bought gems like twice in my time playing. $20 both times. Once recently and once years ago. The recent time was for Sandsurges.
I've bought gems like twice in my time playing. $20 both times. Once recently and once years ago. The recent time was for Sandsurges.
Wight means "alive being"
When I first started playing it was a point of pride that I accomplished all of my goals without spending real money- but I also had, like, infinite free time. You either grind in-game or you grind IRL :'D

Nowadays I buy gem bundles when there's a good deal or I have a lil extra spending money or whatnot. I'm happy to support the site! Not sure how much I've spent though; I tried checking my email for receipts but there's only one in there for $50 and I know I've done more than that. :p

(Also found an old ticket where my account got a warning 'cause I bought and exalted a fodder dragon someone had named "Pingme" and I got flagged for harassment T o T)
When I first started playing it was a point of pride that I accomplished all of my goals without spending real money- but I also had, like, infinite free time. You either grind in-game or you grind IRL :'D

Nowadays I buy gem bundles when there's a good deal or I have a lil extra spending money or whatnot. I'm happy to support the site! Not sure how much I've spent though; I tried checking my email for receipts but there's only one in there for $50 and I know I've done more than that. :p

(Also found an old ticket where my account got a warning 'cause I bought and exalted a fodder dragon someone had named "Pingme" and I got flagged for harassment T o T)
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
Yup! I'm an adult with a little bit of disposable income, so I choose to support the FR devs' when I can. Imo, it isn't anything that needs to be 'defended', especially because FR is not a gacha gambling-type game. I will typically buy one or two gem bundles when they get their yearly discount, and more recently I bought a bundle just to afford a skin blueprint run so that I could try my hand at that. Even still, the overwhelming majority of my gems -- I mean, like thousands upon thousands of them -- have come from Coliseum grinding like an absolute fiend during NotN and selling off the eggs to all the other egg-hatching fiends. [emoji=spiral laughing size=1]
Yup! I'm an adult with a little bit of disposable income, so I choose to support the FR devs' when I can. Imo, it isn't anything that needs to be 'defended', especially because FR is not a gacha gambling-type game.

I will typically buy one or two gem bundles when they get their yearly discount, and more recently I bought a bundle just to afford a skin blueprint run so that I could try my hand at that.

Even still, the overwhelming majority of my gems -- I mean, like thousands upon thousands of them -- have come from Coliseum grinding like an absolute fiend during NotN and selling off the eggs to all the other egg-hatching fiends.
ytkEBod.png
fdUVIfW.png
gziv3Ja.png
ll0CfnD.png
mlHpBMC.png
Mesq6uj.png
UawspVz.png
My Accent/Skincent Shop and Pinglist:
No.
I can't spend real money on webgames.
No.
I can't spend real money on webgames.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
[quote name="@Sonyei" date="2023-09-11 22:17:49" ] Yup! I'm an adult with a little bit of disposable income, so I choose to support the FR devs' when I can. Imo, it isn't anything that needs to be 'defended', especially because FR is not a gacha gambling-type game. [/quote] I feel this! I think a lot of people get their hackles up about spending money on a game/virtual currency but from my perspective it's the same as any other treat. Like, realistically how different is a buying a gem bundle from getting a fancy beverage or going out to the movies or ordering takeout or picking out a new lipstick, etc etc. It's just not that deep [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] And yes I realize this is me basically defending gem purchases *facepalms a lil*
@Sonyei wrote on 2023-09-11 22:17:49:
Yup! I'm an adult with a little bit of disposable income, so I choose to support the FR devs' when I can. Imo, it isn't anything that needs to be 'defended', especially because FR is not a gacha gambling-type game.

I feel this! I think a lot of people get their hackles up about spending money on a game/virtual currency but from my perspective it's the same as any other treat. Like, realistically how different is a buying a gem bundle from getting a fancy beverage or going out to the movies or ordering takeout or picking out a new lipstick, etc etc. It's just not that deep

And yes I realize this is me basically defending gem purchases *facepalms a lil*
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
Yup yup we've very rarely bought gems before and plan to keep doing it :D We've spent 10 years enjoying the site and earning gems for free with no pressure to spend money so it feels nice to support the devs when possible.

It's a very trivial problem but the main thing holding us back from spending more is that we already have plenty of gems and buying them doesn't really feel like it makes any difference :D
Yup yup we've very rarely bought gems before and plan to keep doing it :D We've spent 10 years enjoying the site and earning gems for free with no pressure to spend money so it feels nice to support the devs when possible.

It's a very trivial problem but the main thing holding us back from spending more is that we already have plenty of gems and buying them doesn't really feel like it makes any difference :D
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Not in a long time, but I've done it now and then. Supports the site.
Not in a long time, but I've done it now and then. Supports the site.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Back in 2020, I used a good portion of my excess unemployment money on FR gems. At the time, I was living in a relatively LCOL area, so I could do so. Unfortunately, recent inflation has made that same area AT LEAST MCOL. I think it was around $1500 before I could no longer afford to pay for gems. A decent portion of my G1's have been acquired/gened thanks to that.
Back in 2020, I used a good portion of my excess unemployment money on FR gems. At the time, I was living in a relatively LCOL area, so I could do so. Unfortunately, recent inflation has made that same area AT LEAST MCOL. I think it was around $1500 before I could no longer afford to pay for gems. A decent portion of my G1's have been acquired/gened thanks to that.
I usually never spend money on premium currency in games. FR became the exception because decided that they deserved it after I hit my 8th anniversary. I'd put way more than enough time in this game to spend a little here and there.

I usually justify a game is worth a purchase if I get an hour of playtime per dollar I spend, and considering I've been on FR basically daily for the last decade, they can have my money lmao
I usually never spend money on premium currency in games. FR became the exception because decided that they deserved it after I hit my 8th anniversary. I'd put way more than enough time in this game to spend a little here and there.

I usually justify a game is worth a purchase if I get an hour of playtime per dollar I spend, and considering I've been on FR basically daily for the last decade, they can have my money lmao
Ever? Yes.

This week? Also yes.
Ever? Yes.

This week? Also yes.
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9