Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Curtains Down Maintenance?
ooh!! very cool! im really really hoping for lightning ancient, need like 10 of those funky guys
ooh!! very cool! im really really hoping for lightning ancient, need like 10 of those funky guys
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
buzzing in excitement, hoping to see some sort of teaser soon [emoji=special eyes size=1]
buzzing in excitement, hoping to see some sort of teaser soon
he/him
pings OK!
adventure mode??

Well, we didn‘t get a teaser yet. Maybe there won‘t be, but we‘ll see! I mean… for the small maintenance we got the promise it wouldn‘t be the loghtning ancient… now we‘ve gotten nothing soo… it‘s possible and likely?
adventure mode??

Well, we didn‘t get a teaser yet. Maybe there won‘t be, but we‘ll see! I mean… for the small maintenance we got the promise it wouldn‘t be the loghtning ancient… now we‘ve gotten nothing soo… it‘s possible and likely?
:D Lightning ancient seems possible. Whatever it is we're excited to find out.
:D Lightning ancient seems possible. Whatever it is we're excited to find out.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Gonna keep my eye on the horizon for a teaser. If it does end up being the ancient I'll be ecstatic, but I don't want to get my hopes up until there's more than enough evidence.
Gonna keep my eye on the horizon for a teaser. If it does end up being the ancient I'll be ecstatic, but I don't want to get my hopes up until there's more than enough evidence.
fkWjutW.png
R1dejfm.png
zUgIegC.png
bYt72YT.png
q9EEy5M.png
U0bFCPN.png
1RuFjQ2.pngEGzfMVW.png
ooBdJIk.png
H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E!!!!!!

If they aren't popping the hype bubble that means it's probably what we think it is!!!!
H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E!!!!!!

If they aren't popping the hype bubble that means it's probably what we think it is!!!!
[img]https://media.tenor.com/3Uefm1AM1KIAAAAC/sewaddle-pokepark.gif[/img]
sewaddle-pokepark.gif
66MHIIb.png
I think they would've clarified first thing if it's not the lightning ancient (and after), so it's looking to be very likely. Aether also came out the day before fest skin submission ended, though that's probably more of a coincidence.

Stormcatcher working overtime to bring his new (new old?) children to us in time for the festival. Hope the artists didn't push themselves too much! I'm very excited to see the new lightning ancients.
I think they would've clarified first thing if it's not the lightning ancient (and after), so it's looking to be very likely. Aether also came out the day before fest skin submission ended, though that's probably more of a coincidence.

Stormcatcher working overtime to bring his new (new old?) children to us in time for the festival. Hope the artists didn't push themselves too much! I'm very excited to see the new lightning ancients.
7TwNB29.png91183757.png
lmVZd7E.png95211118.png
Tomorrow will be the deciding factor as to whether it's the lightning ancient since usually we have a teaser before an ancient release. We've had "curtains down" maintenance before for critical backend work. Post from [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2907705#post_2907705]here[/url]: [quote name="Aequorin" date="2020-09-11 10:18:31" ] [b]It's not a new breed, it's not Adventure Mode, and it's not the world map update. [/b]Those are still in development. [emoji=new friend size=1] Monday's maintenance will take longer than usual as it's for some critical backend work. During that time we need to "pull the curtains down," so to speak. In the past that's happened when we have a big feature release or update immediately following, but that's not the case here. We want to give you a heads up now, rather than later. [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [/quote] That was written almost 3 years ago, but it also didn't have a [b]#boring maintenance[/b] tag on the [url=https://www.tumblr.com/flightrising/628982335779553280/scheduled-maintenance-914]tumblr announcement post[/url] according to the blog archive. Not sure on what they said on Twitter in September 2020 though. Can't check. Only prepare yourselves if there's a teaser image. I'm also hyped, but I'm guessing it's backend work.
Tomorrow will be the deciding factor as to whether it's the lightning ancient since usually we have a teaser before an ancient release.

We've had "curtains down" maintenance before for critical backend work. Post from here:
Aequorin wrote on 2020-09-11 10:18:31:
It's not a new breed, it's not Adventure Mode, and it's not the world map update. Those are still in development.

Monday's maintenance will take longer than usual as it's for some critical backend work. During that time we need to "pull the curtains down," so to speak. In the past that's happened when we have a big feature release or update immediately following, but that's not the case here. We want to give you a heads up now, rather than later.
That was written almost 3 years ago, but it also didn't have a #boring maintenance tag on the tumblr announcement post according to the blog archive. Not sure on what they said on Twitter in September 2020 though. Can't check.

Only prepare yourselves if there's a teaser image. I'm also hyped, but I'm guessing it's backend work.
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
If we get a teaser image, it will not be for a few hours yet. Most of the staff are probably sleeping right now. Either way, it will be something new. Personally, I want something new for Arlo, lol.
If we get a teaser image, it will not be for a few hours yet. Most of the staff are probably sleeping right now. Either way, it will be something new. Personally, I want something new for Arlo, lol.