Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Shadow has hit 100,000 members!
1 2 3 4 5
[img]https://i.imgur.com/fndvijT.png[/img] Well, it's 100,004 members as of writing. It's too bad I couldn't get the exact number, but this is a momentous occasion! It's the first flight to ever hit 100,000 members! In case you're wondering, here's the populations of the other flights right now: Arcane: 92,082 Plague: 74,632 Wind: 63,314 Nature: 61,999 Lightning: 61,187 Ice: 57,640 Light: 55,690 Water: 41,769 Fire: 36,582 Earth: 20,776 It's amazing to see how much Flight Rising has grown--I remember when Earth had less than 10,000! And it can only get bigger from here [emoji=nocturne winking size=1]
fndvijT.png
Well, it's 100,004 members as of writing. It's too bad I couldn't get the exact number, but this is a momentous occasion! It's the first flight to ever hit 100,000 members!

In case you're wondering, here's the populations of the other flights right now:
Arcane: 92,082
Plague: 74,632
Wind: 63,314
Nature: 61,999
Lightning: 61,187
Ice: 57,640
Light: 55,690
Water: 41,769
Fire: 36,582
Earth: 20,776

It's amazing to see how much Flight Rising has grown--I remember when Earth had less than 10,000! And it can only get bigger from here
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Oh, wow, I didn't expect Earth to be so tiny! Congrats to Shadow for hitting 100,000 members, though!!! Amazing!
Oh, wow, I didn't expect Earth to be so tiny! Congrats to Shadow for hitting 100,000 members, though!!! Amazing!
A pixel button that reads 'wishlist' and links to my wishlist.
A pixel button that reads 'avatar dragon' and links to my avatar dragon.
A pixel button that reads 'about' and links to my extended about.
A pixel button that reads 'For Sale'.
A pixel button that reads 'den slot tasks' and links to a list of items I currently need for my latest hibernal den slots.
A pixel button that reads 'they/them'. These are my pronouns.
A pixel button that reads 'trans'. Referring to the fact that I am transgender.
A pixel button that reads 'autistic', referring to the fact that I am autistic.
A pixel button that reads 'disabled', referring to the fact that I am physically disabled.
A pixel button that reads 'wheelchair user', referring to the fact that I use a wheelchair.

Call me Ainsley!
Discord: ainsleys
LF Accent: Paper Cranes | Please DM me if you have it!
Celebratory G1 Hatching!
[quote name="Ainsley" date="2023-06-27 13:37:36" ] Oh, wow, I didn't expect Earth to be so tiny! [/quote] same, especially because everyone knows they're the best at dom I guess if everyone who wanted dominance joined that flight then they'd stop getting dominance as often, but still I didn't know they were THAT low! I'm surprised by all of these actually tbh haha
Ainsley wrote on 2023-06-27 13:37:36:
Oh, wow, I didn't expect Earth to be so tiny!

same, especially because everyone knows they're the best at dom
I guess if everyone who wanted dominance joined that flight then they'd stop getting dominance as often, but still I didn't know they were THAT low!

I'm surprised by all of these actually tbh haha

~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
Whaaat, I thought Arcane was the most populous Flight! Well, congratulations, Shadowlings!
Whaaat, I thought Arcane was the most populous Flight! Well, congratulations, Shadowlings!
theres such a big gap between wind and plague, wow. and the difference between nature and lightning is practically slim to none!
theres such a big gap between wind and plague, wow. and the difference between nature and lightning is practically slim to none!
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
Wow, impressive! :D Congrats!

(It seems that our flight is only getting smaller as years pass XD And I remember that Wind used to be the largest one at some point...)

(It seems that our flight is only getting smaller as years pass XD And I remember that Wind used to be the largest one at some point...)
665,675 members in all! That's actually pretty sizeable.
What do all of you guys think drives the attractiveness of various Flights? I remember I picked Arcane because I liked the concept of a magical, erudite Flight... I think. I'm not quite sure.
What do all of you guys think drives the attractiveness of various Flights? I remember I picked Arcane because I liked the concept of a magical, erudite Flight... I think. I'm not quite sure.
Once there was a dragon...

Profile dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82986118
[quote name="Valemora" date="2023-06-27 13:51:20" ] Wow, impressive! :D Congrats! (It seems that our flight is only getting smaller as years pass XD And I remember that Wind used to be the largest one at some point...) [/quote] I remember that, too! It feels a little strange to be solidly middle-tier in terms of flight population— there's five of us less than 10,000 away in 50-60. But cool! It's fascinating to see how things change.
Valemora wrote on 2023-06-27 13:51:20:

I remember that, too! It feels a little strange to be solidly middle-tier in terms of flight population— there's five of us less than 10,000 away in 50-60. But cool! It's fascinating to see how things change.
[quote name="@GuyFromLoathing" date="2023-06-27 13:54:15" ] 665,675 members in all! That's actually pretty sizeable. What do all of you guys think drives the attractiveness of various Flights? I remember I picked Arcane because I liked the concept of a magical, erudite Flight... I think. I'm not quite sure. [/quote] There's a lot of factors. The traditional elements (minus Wind) are the smallest flights, because why join Fire when you can join something unique like Plague, Arcane, or Shadow? Now, keep in mind the minimum age to join Flight Rising is 13. A lot of people that age tend to go towards the more "cool" options. Shadow in particular has "edgelord" associations for being the flight centered around darkness. I'm not saying that everyone joined the more popular flights for that reason, but it's certainly a factor.
@GuyFromLoathing wrote on 2023-06-27 13:54:15:
There's a lot of factors. The traditional elements (minus Wind) are the smallest flights, because why join Fire when you can join something unique like Plague, Arcane, or Shadow?

Now, keep in mind the minimum age to join Flight Rising is 13. A lot of people that age tend to go towards the more "cool" options. Shadow in particular has "edgelord" associations for being the flight centered around darkness. I'm not saying that everyone joined the more popular flights for that reason, but it's certainly a factor.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
I figured as such. Especially Earth - I can understand how that Flight's size is related to how a lot of people might see it as a 'boring' element. However, it has contributed probably a great deal to Earth becoming a Dom-focused Flight, and I imagine a lot of Earth's size could be from people moving there to contribute to and/or take advantage of that.
I figured as such. Especially Earth - I can understand how that Flight's size is related to how a lot of people might see it as a 'boring' element. However, it has contributed probably a great deal to Earth becoming a Dom-focused Flight, and I imagine a lot of Earth's size could be from people moving there to contribute to and/or take advantage of that.
Once there was a dragon...

Profile dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82986118
1 2 3 4 5