Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you name fodder dragons?
1 2 3 4 5
Spam the randomiser till it lands on something I wouldn't hate on my own offspring lists.
Spam the randomiser till it lands on something I wouldn't hate on my own offspring lists.
I don't plan to Exalt much. If I did exalt fodder dragons, I might still try to come up with unique names for them. I'm a bit of a lore player, though, so I might not even be able to justify the use of fodder.
I don't plan to Exalt much. If I did exalt fodder dragons, I might still try to come up with unique names for them. I'm a bit of a lore player, though, so I might not even be able to justify the use of fodder.
Once there was a dragon...

Profile dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82986118
They all get named 'Cornchips'
They all get named 'Cornchips'
TURNIP
ne6Lok5.png
I don’t exalt but I sell fodder babs.
For my own amusement, all the pairs have themes in their offspring list: different mythologies, names of precious stones, or the (now completed) periodic table.
It means I don’t have to be overly imaginative but the parents still get a nice looking list out of it.
I don’t exalt but I sell fodder babs.
For my own amusement, all the pairs have themes in their offspring list: different mythologies, names of precious stones, or the (now completed) periodic table.
It means I don’t have to be overly imaginative but the parents still get a nice looking list out of it.
8mIb4Hl.gif
used to have one name but it's all my own babies now. to prevent offspring list clutter, i randomize, either with the button or the first thing my brain thinks of, no matter how stupid.
used to have one name but it's all my own babies now. to prevent offspring list clutter, i randomize, either with the button or the first thing my brain thinks of, no matter how stupid.
divider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.pngdivider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.png
gaolers get named goetia and everything else gets named cantus. i might change my default eventually but i gotta come up with a new name first.
gaolers get named goetia and everything else gets named cantus. i might change my default eventually but i gotta come up with a new name first.
8aKVtucC_o.png
I rotate between a couple fodder names. Isopod being my main one, but I've also done Trilobite and Tidepod.

I used to use randomizer but it took too long and I got banned names more than once in it so I gave up. Isopod army is nicer.
I rotate between a couple fodder names. Isopod being my main one, but I've also done Trilobite and Tidepod.

I used to use randomizer but it took too long and I got banned names more than once in it so I gave up. Isopod army is nicer.
vDH0pGc.png
I recently picked up the habit of naming dragons with their color info while doing some projects for rare color sets. So I would name the dragon the most important colors in the name so I would know without hovering what the color was (ex: Caribblemon, Golmespru). Now I do it for fodder, taking one or two of the more striking words and using them in the name. Or sometimes I include the gene too (ex: Tomatoghost). These sometimes sound like nature elf names and sometimes very silly (ex: Twilightstorm).

Other times a word will pop into my head when I look at the dragon and I'll use that instead, or along with a color/gene. Sometimes inspired by their parents' names as well. A lot of my dragons are named this kinda word-associative way when not involved with a breeding project.

I honestly enjoy naming fodder for exalting, it is just a little blip of creativity energy in my brain without a lot of commitment. I could not make myself give them all the same name! I don't mind seeing it on offspring lists, it tells as story sometimes heh. But I enjoy giving out individual names too much !
I recently picked up the habit of naming dragons with their color info while doing some projects for rare color sets. So I would name the dragon the most important colors in the name so I would know without hovering what the color was (ex: Caribblemon, Golmespru). Now I do it for fodder, taking one or two of the more striking words and using them in the name. Or sometimes I include the gene too (ex: Tomatoghost). These sometimes sound like nature elf names and sometimes very silly (ex: Twilightstorm).

Other times a word will pop into my head when I look at the dragon and I'll use that instead, or along with a color/gene. Sometimes inspired by their parents' names as well. A lot of my dragons are named this kinda word-associative way when not involved with a breeding project.

I honestly enjoy naming fodder for exalting, it is just a little blip of creativity energy in my brain without a lot of commitment. I could not make myself give them all the same name! I don't mind seeing it on offspring lists, it tells as story sometimes heh. But I enjoy giving out individual names too much !
the meowfishery is now open!
~meowfishery hatchery [link]~
got any of those.. pride flag dragons?

collecting Mimic Powder .. all of it. all of it! send me?

they | FR+3 | its okay ping me in replies
sometimes i quickly think of a random cool-ish name, other times i think up something silly.
- teebs
- enchilada
- wumpydiddle

i just go with whatever is in my brain at the moment.
sometimes i quickly think of a random cool-ish name, other times i think up something silly.
- teebs
- enchilada
- wumpydiddle

i just go with whatever is in my brain at the moment.
I actually name familiars that have been accompanied to a dragon so... I just give fodder dragons names of my familiars.
I actually name familiars that have been accompanied to a dragon so... I just give fodder dragons names of my familiars.
Untitled1128_20230808202424.png
1 2 3 4 5