Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | wait wait the battlelisks
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I'd like mini-chainsaws on their legs instead. They really don't look like they belong in battle-themed event now

OF COURSE animal abuse is bad, but you know what else is bad? Human torture is. But the bull accent is still there. I mean... I'm sorry I had to bring this one up, but where is the line? I'd say human torture bothers me at the same level as animal abuse...
I'd like mini-chainsaws on their legs instead. They really don't look like they belong in battle-themed event now

OF COURSE animal abuse is bad, but you know what else is bad? Human torture is. But the bull accent is still there. I mean... I'm sorry I had to bring this one up, but where is the line? I'd say human torture bothers me at the same level as animal abuse...

Dark
i'm in mess
i'm a mess
picture of a cropped in-game sprite of a pink and gray spiral dragon with the darkest dream written over the picture, and linked to said dragon
Definitely don't love the passive aggressiveness accumulating in this thread....
Anyways full agree with FleetingFancy we need chicken spur justice!!! I think the spurs are such a cool part of chickens :'3
Definitely don't love the passive aggressiveness accumulating in this thread....
Anyways full agree with FleetingFancy we need chicken spur justice!!! I think the spurs are such a cool part of chickens :'3
Oh Boy
Any Pronouns
BLM
*sweats in aot fictionkin*
*sweats in aot fictionkin*
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
[quote name="FleetingFancy" date="2022-09-03 13:09:05" ] Oh my god, this is ridiculous. Let me spell it out. [b][i]We don't disagree with removing the metal claws.[/i][/b] But roosters in real life have spurs, and [i]basilisks are based on chickens/roosters[/i], so so very obviously. It feels sanitization because they didn't alter it, or change it to something else, they just removed the weapon-aspect entirely. [b]Removing the reference to cockfighting is fine, animal abuse is not okay.[/b] But it's so bloody stupid that they didn't just keep natural spurs, or added wing claws, spikes somewhere, long hooked talons, [i]anything[/i]. Not even a STATEMENT that they'll add something in the future, and the removal of the metal claws was just to get rid of the reference while they work on said adjustment. FR has also been notorious for the past several years for removing/censoring/blocking stuff they deem "cruel/suffering" that really really isn't, or makes them look very hypocritical when they then turn around and write stories like [i]The Seed And The Sickness[/i] and [i]Raising A Family[/i]. And I want to make it clear - I think these stories are awesome. But they do have disturbing content, but because it's in written form, by FR staff themselves, it's deemed okay. Hence our jokes about removing other completely-not-cruel things. In case it needs to be said again: [b]removing the metal claws was fine, but the art should have had something added to replace them. And if they need time for that, they should say so.[/b] I'm done with this, and I'm going to be away for the weekend anyway. For those of you guys also having a long weekend, I hope you enjoy it! [emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1] [/quote] THIS. Thank you. Literally no one here is condoning or joking about animal abuse. But Warrior’s Way in itself is [i]pretty much FR’s equivalent to a bloodsport.[/i] It’s about dragons and Beastclans [i]fighting each other for glory[/i] and that’s it. You’d think logically they’d give the battleisks another type of weapon (wing blades would by very cool imo) and the natural biological rooster spurs and/or wickedly sharp talons, remove them completely or just say, “Hey! Warrior’s Way in general is a bloodsport and to be honest if we’re going to open this box, chickensnakes with blades on their legs are really the least of our problems!” In the end, it really doesn’t matter (to me) anyway, though. It’s just two little trivial familiars out of a thousand. They deemed the blades inappropriate because of a perfectly logical reason, they removed them, that’s that. The familiar doesn’t look like a Warrior’s Way familiar anymore, but they decided their design was too heavy a reference to real-life animal abuse, and removed something they thought of as problematic. I think the familiars look boring now, but I respect their decision in the end, and just hope maybe they’ll add something to make the battleisks look more... well, battle-worthy. I agree in part with both sides of this argument. I don’t understand why staff can’t do anything without an outcry, and the FR community cannot seem to do anything without arguing. It’s sad, because I saw this as a very friendly place when I first joined, but as it turns out it really... isn’t for the most part. At any rate, this is just my two cents before this thread gets inevitably locked. o7
FleetingFancy wrote on 2022-09-03 13:09:05:
Oh my god, this is ridiculous. Let me spell it out.

We don't disagree with removing the metal claws. But roosters in real life have spurs, and basilisks are based on chickens/roosters, so so very obviously. It feels sanitization because they didn't alter it, or change it to something else, they just removed the weapon-aspect entirely.

Removing the reference to cockfighting is fine, animal abuse is not okay. But it's so bloody stupid that they didn't just keep natural spurs, or added wing claws, spikes somewhere, long hooked talons, anything. Not even a STATEMENT that they'll add something in the future, and the removal of the metal claws was just to get rid of the reference while they work on said adjustment.

FR has also been notorious for the past several years for removing/censoring/blocking stuff they deem "cruel/suffering" that really really isn't, or makes them look very hypocritical when they then turn around and write stories like The Seed And The Sickness and Raising A Family. And I want to make it clear - I think these stories are awesome. But they do have disturbing content, but because it's in written form, by FR staff themselves, it's deemed okay. Hence our jokes about removing other completely-not-cruel things.

In case it needs to be said again: removing the metal claws was fine, but the art should have had something added to replace them. And if they need time for that, they should say so.

I'm done with this, and I'm going to be away for the weekend anyway. For those of you guys also having a long weekend, I hope you enjoy it!

THIS. Thank you.

Literally no one here is condoning or joking about animal abuse. But Warrior’s Way in itself is pretty much FR’s equivalent to a bloodsport. It’s about dragons and Beastclans fighting each other for glory and that’s it. You’d think logically they’d give the battleisks another type of weapon (wing blades would by very cool imo) and the natural biological rooster spurs and/or wickedly sharp talons, remove them completely or just say, “Hey! Warrior’s Way in general is a bloodsport and to be honest if we’re going to open this box, chickensnakes with blades on their legs are really the least of our problems!”

In the end, it really doesn’t matter (to me) anyway, though. It’s just two little trivial familiars out of a thousand. They deemed the blades inappropriate because of a perfectly logical reason, they removed them, that’s that. The familiar doesn’t look like a Warrior’s Way familiar anymore, but they decided their design was too heavy a reference to real-life animal abuse, and removed something they thought of as problematic. I think the familiars look boring now, but I respect their decision in the end, and just hope maybe they’ll add something to make the battleisks look more... well, battle-worthy. I agree in part with both sides of this argument.

I don’t understand why staff can’t do anything without an outcry, and the FR community cannot seem to do anything without arguing. It’s sad, because I saw this as a very friendly place when I first joined, but as it turns out it really... isn’t for the most part.

At any rate, this is just my two cents before this thread gets inevitably locked. o7
IMG-3747.png
x
fBOw4m5.png S E C T O N I A fBOw4m5.png
o or secti // she/they - FR +3 - ping friendly
shortened-top.png
“In one of the stars I shall be living.
In one of them I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars
were laughing, when you look
at the sky at night.”

shortened-bottom.png
I don't have anything against the previous design since it's just a bunch of pixels on my screen and no actual animals have been harmed, but I thought their design was kind of ugly before the spurs were removed. I think that without spurs, they look better or at least more balanced.
I don't have anything against the previous design since it's just a bunch of pixels on my screen and no actual animals have been harmed, but I thought their design was kind of ugly before the spurs were removed. I think that without spurs, they look better or at least more balanced.
.....uQzj9nj.png....... .. .......
He/Him
+10 FR time

Badges
..... ......uQzj9nj.png
wow this thread is messy huh. i wasn't clamoring for them to be removed myself, but i perfectly understand why they'd want to avoid references to a real-life bloodsport in a 13+ petsite. they still look pretty cool to me
wow this thread is messy huh. i wasn't clamoring for them to be removed myself, but i perfectly understand why they'd want to avoid references to a real-life bloodsport in a 13+ petsite. they still look pretty cool to me
Palestinian flagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
grey/juniper «a
he/him «a
fr+2 «a
pings OK «a
Official artwork of the tome of Forseti from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. It is dark green with elaborate white detailing.
[quote name="TheDarkestDream" date="2022-09-03 13:30:36" ] I'd like mini-chainsaws on their legs instead. They really don't look like they belong in battle-themed event now OF COURSE animal abuse is bad, but you know what else is bad? Human torture is. But the bull accent is still there. I mean... I'm sorry I had to bring this one up, but where is the line? I'd say human torture bothers me at the same level as animal abuse... [/quote] i said i wouldnt engage in this convo any longer bc its stressing me out but im going to try to respectfully point out why i think its a bit different. 1) if it WAS real, the brazen bull isnt something thats used today (to my knowledge). at least in the form that the accent is presented in, the brazen bull might not have even been used. i feel like a potentially mythological reference to this is different compared to a current "practice" that happens today and harms animals. 2) there's no reference to a living being in the bull skin. its just the outer part, no reason to believe the artist implied anyones being harmed in it. it can easily be interpreted as a flaming statue or something akin to it, whereas the roosters are depictions of living beings actively engaging in a reference to rooster fighting. ALSO i think most people upset by the battleisks are also upset by the bull haha. neither should have been accepted in the first place. we can care about both ! i wont be replying to anything just as a btw because i am super uncomfortable with this topic but just wanted to give my 2 cents on what u said (which i do agree with overall)
TheDarkestDream wrote on 2022-09-03 13:30:36:

i said i wouldnt engage in this convo any longer bc its stressing me out but im going to try to respectfully point out why i think its a bit different.
1) if it WAS real, the brazen bull isnt something thats used today (to my knowledge). at least in the form that the accent is presented in, the brazen bull might not have even been used. i feel like a potentially mythological reference to this is different compared to a current "practice" that happens today and harms animals.
2) there's no reference to a living being in the bull skin. its just the outer part, no reason to believe the artist implied anyones being harmed in it. it can easily be interpreted as a flaming statue or something akin to it, whereas the roosters are depictions of living beings actively engaging in a reference to rooster fighting.

ALSO i think most people upset by the battleisks are also upset by the bull haha. neither should have been accepted in the first place. we can care about both !

i wont be replying to anything just as a btw because i am super uncomfortable with this topic but just wanted to give my 2 cents on what u said (which i do agree with overall)
skin shop
he/they
+4:00 fr time
I was, just confused because I at first didn't even think about the whole rooster fighting thing, and it was also the first thing I saw when I woke up so I just went "Okay welp someone said something on Twitter", but then again I wouldn't want to look like I was supporting something that was cruel, even if I had, no idea about it.

They just look like angry chickens now. Maybe if they can't bring back the natural spurs, maybe they could... hm, maybe put more emphasis on the, helmet or whatever they're wearing?
I was, just confused because I at first didn't even think about the whole rooster fighting thing, and it was also the first thing I saw when I woke up so I just went "Okay welp someone said something on Twitter", but then again I wouldn't want to look like I was supporting something that was cruel, even if I had, no idea about it.

They just look like angry chickens now. Maybe if they can't bring back the natural spurs, maybe they could... hm, maybe put more emphasis on the, helmet or whatever they're wearing?
BoppingBuilder.gif d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gifKieran, FR +2
d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gif They/Them
d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gif G1 and shiny pokemon hoarder
Honestly I'm not sure why they had leg swords in the first place. Chickens NATURALLY have giant sharpen bone spurs that CAN kill. Just give them cool bone spurs. It's natural, looks like a weapon, and isn't related to blood sport.
Honestly I'm not sure why they had leg swords in the first place. Chickens NATURALLY have giant sharpen bone spurs that CAN kill. Just give them cool bone spurs. It's natural, looks like a weapon, and isn't related to blood sport.
@Builder

they're called blinkers(mayhaps-), they are... also a little problematic as a possible reference to something, but on their own I personally find it a little more okay than the metal spurs.

I'm actually not sure, please ignore this message; I'll keep it up so that someone can correct me
@Builder

they're called blinkers(mayhaps-), they are... also a little problematic as a possible reference to something, but on their own I personally find it a little more okay than the metal spurs.

I'm actually not sure, please ignore this message; I'll keep it up so that someone can correct me

92n1dwB.png
4LIgWCz.png
rI18gRz.png
7FPB55S.png
t3Y2mF7.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.pngYw8EvNQ.png
VpMOGhK.png
7fFdbks.png
JMjFoSS.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11