Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Update: Shop System Changes
Hey there! As [i]Thundercrack Carnivale[/i] approaches, we wanted to provide the community with some information about some [b]system changes they should expect when the festival begins[/b]. But first, a little bit of context! [size=4][b]The Grand Exchange[/b][/size] We touched on our custom shops system briefly in earlier updates, but weren't able to give a lot of information at the time other than it was in development with a hopeful launch either before or with the [i]Warrior's Way[/i] yearly event in August. We are happy to announce that development has gone very well on the system, and [i]portions[/i] of it will be deployed to coincide with [i]Thundercrack Carnivale[/i]. The larger feature is something we're calling [b]the Grand Exchange[/b], which is an in-universe marketplace at the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/world-map?poi=69&view=land&viewpin=true][b]Collonades of Antiquity subregion in Dragonhome[/b][/url], the Earth flight's realm. At launch, this feature will contain a hub/index of merchants that are currently swapping wares. We also hope to showcase shops that may have recently closed or have not yet opened so that players can see the contents of a shop even though it is not available to interact with yet. This preview of cycling merchants will be useful for seasonal shops like Warrior's Way, Night of the Nocturne, etc. [size=4][b]Festive Favors & Joxar's Spare Inventory[/b][/size] While the Grand Exchange itself will not be entirely available, Joxar (everyone's favorite party animal) will be staking his claim first! [b]The elemental festival shop and spare inventory shop will be converted to the new shop code architecture on day one of [i]Thundercrack Carnivale[/i][/b]. The advantage of moving these shops over now is that they provide us with a great first test for the new systems before [i]Warrior's Way[/i]. We will also be making some slight [b]name changes[/b] to these two shops after they join the Grand Exchange: [LIST=1] [*][b]The Elemental Festival Shop[/b] will become [b]Festive Favors[/b]. [*][b]Joxar's Spare Inventory[/b] will become [b]Spare Inventory[/b]. [/LIST] [info]NOTE: We will be phasing out the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/festive-favors/index]Festive Favors hub page[/url] and replacing it with the Grand Exchange [I]very[/I] soon, but we'll alert everyone before that happens.[/info] [size=4][b]Temporary Issues[/b][/size] Because we will be changing around some critical backend systems, it may [b]temporarily[/b] break some front end ones. In particular, [b]there may be a little less accuracy or information for where to acquire certain items within the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database]Game Database[/url][/b]. There may be a handful of other issues that crop up as a result of the transition. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience or frustration this could cause, and thank you in advance for bearing with us! -------- We're really excited to launch the Grand Exchange! This new feature will provide our content delivery team a great way to spin up new events as well as sprucing up the events we already have. We hope you're as excited as we are, and see you in a few days! [emoji=firework size=1]
Hey there!

As Thundercrack Carnivale approaches, we wanted to provide the community with some information about some system changes they should expect when the festival begins.

But first, a little bit of context!

The Grand Exchange

We touched on our custom shops system briefly in earlier updates, but weren't able to give a lot of information at the time other than it was in development with a hopeful launch either before or with the Warrior's Way yearly event in August. We are happy to announce that development has gone very well on the system, and portions of it will be deployed to coincide with Thundercrack Carnivale.

The larger feature is something we're calling the Grand Exchange, which is an in-universe marketplace at the Collonades of Antiquity subregion in Dragonhome, the Earth flight's realm. At launch, this feature will contain a hub/index of merchants that are currently swapping wares. We also hope to showcase shops that may have recently closed or have not yet opened so that players can see the contents of a shop even though it is not available to interact with yet. This preview of cycling merchants will be useful for seasonal shops like Warrior's Way, Night of the Nocturne, etc.

Festive Favors & Joxar's Spare Inventory

While the Grand Exchange itself will not be entirely available, Joxar (everyone's favorite party animal) will be staking his claim first! The elemental festival shop and spare inventory shop will be converted to the new shop code architecture on day one of Thundercrack Carnivale. The advantage of moving these shops over now is that they provide us with a great first test for the new systems before Warrior's Way.

We will also be making some slight name changes to these two shops after they join the Grand Exchange:
  1. The Elemental Festival Shop will become Festive Favors.
  2. Joxar's Spare Inventory will become Spare Inventory.

NOTE: We will be phasing out the Festive Favors hub page and replacing it with the Grand Exchange very soon, but we'll alert everyone before that happens.

Temporary Issues

Because we will be changing around some critical backend systems, it may temporarily break some front end ones. In particular, there may be a little less accuracy or information for where to acquire certain items within the Game Database. There may be a handful of other issues that crop up as a result of the transition. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience or frustration this could cause, and thank you in advance for bearing with us!

We're really excited to launch the Grand Exchange! This new feature will provide our content delivery team a great way to spin up new events as well as sprucing up the events we already have. We hope you're as excited as we are, and see you in a few days!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer