Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Anyone else just panicked when they saw-
1 2 3 4 5
- The account security thing?

I was just like “Wait is the website getting hacked? Is everyone’s account in danger? WHAT IS GOING ON?!” And then I saw it and the r e l i e f that it’s just an update and not something terrifying.

Anyone else?
- The account security thing?

I was just like “Wait is the website getting hacked? Is everyone’s account in danger? WHAT IS GOING ON?!” And then I saw it and the r e l i e f that it’s just an update and not something terrifying.

Anyone else?
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
kind of spiked my heart rate - is there a sitewide increase in security breaches? is there a particular hacking problem right now that we should be concerned about?
kind of spiked my heart rate - is there a sitewide increase in security breaches? is there a particular hacking problem right now that we should be concerned about?
stjohnswort.png

daffydil
daffy, she/her

I didn't get nervous but I did kinda go ;/. I hope it's not gonna be an inconvenience for me logging in, in the future.
I didn't get nervous but I did kinda go ;/. I hope it's not gonna be an inconvenience for me logging in, in the future.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
Reads like an SCP
Reads like an SCP
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one who got a spike in paranoia after seeing that
It’s just an update that’ll likely have little impact on the game itself, but damn I’m spooked
It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one who got a spike in paranoia after seeing that
It’s just an update that’ll likely have little impact on the game itself, but damn I’m spooked
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lTwcTPe.png
Zazz
cQS6PnX.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
yZFrBUC.png
mlHpBMC.png
d9YLPfe.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
x7lrvvy.png
A little bit.
But i was wondering what they would do for security rather than if there was something hacking-related going on
At first i was a bit worried about what the account security was going to be: More complicated passwords? ROBOT CAPCHA!?
But nope.
This is what i get for being too paranoid i guess..
A little bit.
But i was wondering what they would do for security rather than if there was something hacking-related going on
At first i was a bit worried about what the account security was going to be: More complicated passwords? ROBOT CAPCHA!?
But nope.
This is what i get for being too paranoid i guess..
LEpJMnn.pngCpFdYgG.pngoaolHwW.pngmjtJ868.pngcZOnhJ9.pngq9EEy5M.png
Yes I do in fact like dinosuars.
FObX7rS.pngDXTcInl.pngoouioVf.png5hF3FGk.pngWQA384m.pngYMPbu9R.png
yeah, it spooked me a bit initially too lol
yeah, it spooked me a bit initially too lol
Bigender (Bigender alt flag 2)G8AyR6r.png
Likes Women (Pink)aswleyP.png
6ZdcGpT.pngwthFnM3.png
Th14ReimuBackSprite.pngtumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gifTh09MarisaBackSprite.png
[quote name="Niceless" date="2021-12-27 16:03:08" ] I didn't get nervous but I did kinda go ;/. I hope it's not gonna be an inconvenience for me logging in, in the future. [/quote] Feeling this, while I appreciate the fact that they're trying to make the website more secure, I don't want to have to do any two-factor authentication on a freaking petsite.
Niceless wrote on 2021-12-27 16:03:08:
Feeling this, while I appreciate the fact that they're trying to make the website more secure, I don't want to have to do any two-factor authentication on a freaking petsite.
uCR5SCW.png
[quote]The new measures aim to more precisely detect suspicious login activity, and add an extra layer of authentication to the login process if an anomaly is found.[/quote] If I’m understanding it correctly, it’s mostly background stuff that won’t be of notice if all is well.
Quote:
The new measures aim to more precisely detect suspicious login activity, and add an extra layer of authentication to the login process if an anomaly is found.
If I’m understanding it correctly, it’s mostly background stuff that won’t be of notice if all is well.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lTwcTPe.png
Zazz
cQS6PnX.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
yZFrBUC.png
mlHpBMC.png
d9YLPfe.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
x7lrvvy.png
this sounds like conditional two-factor - probably if someone logs into your account from a wildly different location, or something similar, it might trigger this two-factor. im guessing we'll all be asked to authenticate one time once the feature is in place. i know of some other games that does the same. it doesnt seem like theyre implementing full on 2FA (which i honestly assumed when i first saw the post!)
this sounds like conditional two-factor - probably if someone logs into your account from a wildly different location, or something similar, it might trigger this two-factor. im guessing we'll all be asked to authenticate one time once the feature is in place. i know of some other games that does the same. it doesnt seem like theyre implementing full on 2FA (which i honestly assumed when i first saw the post!)
z6T37Eh.png
DaaGADQ.png
bgYKZct.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
-
Ouro : 24 : They/Xey/She
Lightning Dom Coordinator
I love pings! I don't bite~
- reactorfour_kalashnikov.pngreactorfour_ted2.png
1 2 3 4 5