Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What are your primal eye headcannons?
1 2 3
I think plague primal goes along really well with "Meat/skinless dragons". I see everyone describe the bubbles as covers but personally I see it as an underdevelopment. If anyone has ever seen underdeveloped baby snakes in their eggs they may get the idea. Yet with primals they survive and it's only their eyes/face, the exposed skin always being infected with blisters and boils. I think they would be blind or at the most have a survived small eye(s?) that can barely see like how conjoined two headed snakes may have if their heads don't part all the way. Just a tiny smooshed eye in between the flesh that most likely does not have the best eyesight.
I think plague primal goes along really well with "Meat/skinless dragons". I see everyone describe the bubbles as covers but personally I see it as an underdevelopment. If anyone has ever seen underdeveloped baby snakes in their eggs they may get the idea. Yet with primals they survive and it's only their eyes/face, the exposed skin always being infected with blisters and boils. I think they would be blind or at the most have a survived small eye(s?) that can barely see like how conjoined two headed snakes may have if their heads don't part all the way. Just a tiny smooshed eye in between the flesh that most likely does not have the best eyesight.
a53046431071_9a2c62a39e_o.png

a
saltypie
• fr+3
• he/him
• uma & g1 addict
Depends on the dragon who has them ;P One of the Primal Plagues I bred from my favorite lineage is believed to be cursed or diseased, and a Primal Wind Guardian of mine is the keeper of the wind rune (yes she has Runes lol) that might kill a weaker host.

Meanwhile I have several Primal Gaolers (for lair space reasons, had to prioritize my Gaolers) and that’s got me to headcanon that Ancient breeds have stronger connections to the elements than Modern ones. At least, mine do :P

I forgot to write lore for a pair of related Primal dragons who were synthetically “supercharged” and thus Primal hahaha, I’ll get on that ;) Oh and I have a fossily looking Primal Plague who I decided was a petrified zombie animated by the buried disease inside it.

When I don’t have specific lore about a Primal dragon, my thoughts are somewhere in the vicinity of “its very magical” and “it’s pretty” ;)
Depends on the dragon who has them ;P One of the Primal Plagues I bred from my favorite lineage is believed to be cursed or diseased, and a Primal Wind Guardian of mine is the keeper of the wind rune (yes she has Runes lol) that might kill a weaker host.

Meanwhile I have several Primal Gaolers (for lair space reasons, had to prioritize my Gaolers) and that’s got me to headcanon that Ancient breeds have stronger connections to the elements than Modern ones. At least, mine do :P

I forgot to write lore for a pair of related Primal dragons who were synthetically “supercharged” and thus Primal hahaha, I’ll get on that ;) Oh and I have a fossily looking Primal Plague who I decided was a petrified zombie animated by the buried disease inside it.

When I don’t have specific lore about a Primal dragon, my thoughts are somewhere in the vicinity of “its very magical” and “it’s pretty” ;)
All dragons with primal eyes are blind.
All dragons with primal eyes are blind.
+2 FR time
he/they
My lore is that the primal-y look does not manifest except WHEN that dragon is using their magic.

Basically they are extremely and dangerously powerful, and if their powers start going a little too crazy, their primal begins to show.

Except plague. That's just how they look. I only have one plaguelord, and his face is just always like that. It's still a sign of excessive magical strength and he's supes dange, but he just got the goopums always.

Similarly, almost all multigazes are nigh lawless magical entities that exist outside of typical planes. They're basically grounded demi-gods. Goat-eyes are incredibly powerful but usually not dangerous, mostly normal or above-normal dragons. Facets are usually gifted with a specific kind of magical force, but otherwise a typical derg. There's ranges, spectrums, and outliers, but these are generally my eye-vibes.
My lore is that the primal-y look does not manifest except WHEN that dragon is using their magic.

Basically they are extremely and dangerously powerful, and if their powers start going a little too crazy, their primal begins to show.

Except plague. That's just how they look. I only have one plaguelord, and his face is just always like that. It's still a sign of excessive magical strength and he's supes dange, but he just got the goopums always.

Similarly, almost all multigazes are nigh lawless magical entities that exist outside of typical planes. They're basically grounded demi-gods. Goat-eyes are incredibly powerful but usually not dangerous, mostly normal or above-normal dragons. Facets are usually gifted with a specific kind of magical force, but otherwise a typical derg. There's ranges, spectrums, and outliers, but these are generally my eye-vibes.
cM8dUFr.png
In my lore, primal eyes come from the innate elemental magic of a dragon being so powerful that it leaks out of them through their eyes. This effect intensifies when they are using that magic. However, if they use too much magic at once, it will block out their senses temporarily.
In my lore, primal eyes come from the innate elemental magic of a dragon being so powerful that it leaks out of them through their eyes. This effect intensifies when they are using that magic. However, if they use too much magic at once, it will block out their senses temporarily.
23845.pngx..x28176.pngx.x23846.png
I have a head cannon that the deities bestow primal eyes to the dergs who demonstrate that they value their calling best. Like the best elections get primal lightning.
I have a head cannon that the deities bestow primal eyes to the dergs who demonstrate that they value their calling best. Like the best elections get primal lightning.
Signature.png
Imo they're seen as a gift/curse from the Gods. Dragons in the plague clan believe their young that have primal eyes have been blessed, while dragons from other clans will see it as a curse. I also think certain eyes work differently. Some can't see, some have enhanced vision, etc. I think the water primal in particular is just constantly running water, simulating crying

...primal eyes aren't actually related to Gods at all. I think the origin is just unknown. No one has any clue where exactly they come from, so Gods it is
Imo they're seen as a gift/curse from the Gods. Dragons in the plague clan believe their young that have primal eyes have been blessed, while dragons from other clans will see it as a curse. I also think certain eyes work differently. Some can't see, some have enhanced vision, etc. I think the water primal in particular is just constantly running water, simulating crying

...primal eyes aren't actually related to Gods at all. I think the origin is just unknown. No one has any clue where exactly they come from, so Gods it is
e7lpONG.png 6Q9FVvd.pngH5pOtsD.png uzLeT5E.pngP6XJEHx.png
they all are/go absolutely blind, c'mon, there NO way shadow/plague/light can see anything.

still, they might be blind in their eyes, but magic allows them to understand their surroundings, in their own elemental ways .

using a primal eye vial is so panful and it has such a high chance of failure, dragons would rather gamble with the illegal and no longer in production scattersights. (as seen by a poor victim of eye vials, here)
they all are/go absolutely blind, c'mon, there NO way shadow/plague/light can see anything.

still, they might be blind in their eyes, but magic allows them to understand their surroundings, in their own elemental ways .

using a primal eye vial is so panful and it has such a high chance of failure, dragons would rather gamble with the illegal and no longer in production scattersights. (as seen by a poor victim of eye vials, here)
I used to display all my meme numbers here, but honestly im tired off that
i will still say that i own the #420 saved scry
1 2 3