Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | No M-BS or M Noc skins... again?
1 2
You know, there are two accents I was shocked didn't win and Dark Iron Plating was one of them (the other was Forgemaster's Bane but anyway) I honestly thought the art on it was so good and I have quite a dislike for M Nocturnes, man though if the artist of that one ever makes iron plating for some breeds I like you can bet I want to know about it. Shame it didn't win as it seems there is a lack of accents for that pose and it was beyond worthy in my opinion.
You know, there are two accents I was shocked didn't win and Dark Iron Plating was one of them (the other was Forgemaster's Bane but anyway) I honestly thought the art on it was so good and I have quite a dislike for M Nocturnes, man though if the artist of that one ever makes iron plating for some breeds I like you can bet I want to know about it. Shame it didn't win as it seems there is a lack of accents for that pose and it was beyond worthy in my opinion.
hb8tQFs.png
Same, m Banescales get so little, and it's disappointing that they didn't get anything during their own fest. Tbh every fest I feel like the whole "these breeds keep getting picked" just gets more and more exaggerated. No shade to any of the artists, these are all beautiful skins, but it's depressing to keep seeing multiple breeds get skins for both poses while it feels like the breeds who actually represent the element get table scraps festival after festival.

It feels like there is no perfect solution to this, *I* can't tell the staff how to subjectively feel about the submissions they get. I agree that the number of winners should probably be expanded though, if only because we've got more dragon breeds now, and the bottleneck's only going to get more narrow. I would love to have a fest where these beautiful skins AND skins for the fire breeds both get to shine.
Same, m Banescales get so little, and it's disappointing that they didn't get anything during their own fest. Tbh every fest I feel like the whole "these breeds keep getting picked" just gets more and more exaggerated. No shade to any of the artists, these are all beautiful skins, but it's depressing to keep seeing multiple breeds get skins for both poses while it feels like the breeds who actually represent the element get table scraps festival after festival.

It feels like there is no perfect solution to this, *I* can't tell the staff how to subjectively feel about the submissions they get. I agree that the number of winners should probably be expanded though, if only because we've got more dragon breeds now, and the bottleneck's only going to get more narrow. I would love to have a fest where these beautiful skins AND skins for the fire breeds both get to shine.
I really wanted a skin for my Shadow that was fiery. Guess I have to wait again.
I really wanted a skin for my Shadow that was fiery. Guess I have to wait again.
projects & wishlist
fr + 2
love pings
I was kinda surprised there weren't any Coatl M fest skins either, considering. And it's a shame about M banes, I prefer it over the F pose and it always seem like they get the short end of the stick.
I was kinda surprised there weren't any Coatl M fest skins either, considering. And it's a shame about M banes, I prefer it over the F pose and it always seem like they get the short end of the stick.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
I can maybe understand why the last one may not be picked. But, I loved the Iron Plates one and I am surprised that wasn’t picked. It was a neat concept…
I can maybe understand why the last one may not be picked. But, I loved the Iron Plates one and I am surprised that wasn’t picked. It was a neat concept…
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
IIRC, there's been 5 breeds added to the site since they last expanded the number of winning entries, and we're getting another by the end of the year. Adding two or more winners per cycle seems like the simplest fix.
IIRC, there's been 5 breeds added to the site since they last expanded the number of winning entries, and we're getting another by the end of the year. Adding two or more winners per cycle seems like the simplest fix.
[quote name="Aodan" date="2021-08-22 08:24:19" ] Same. I browse the skins and accents at every festival, and it seems like Coatl and Wildclaw and Guardian, over and over. ALWAYS. [/quote] It's usually female coatl, too. Some fests get a lot of coatl m entries, but some Do Not and I'll tell you that it's really hard to get accents for my dragons when these two have about 20 matchy options from fest winners alone and these six have Nothing not just because nobody's brave enough to make plaguey coatl accents
Aodan wrote on 2021-08-22 08:24:19:
Same. I browse the skins and accents at every festival, and it seems like Coatl and Wildclaw and Guardian, over and over. ALWAYS.
It's usually female coatl, too. Some fests get a lot of coatl m entries, but some Do Not and I'll tell you that it's really hard to get accents for my dragons when these two have about 20 matchy options from fest winners alone and these six have Nothing not just because nobody's brave enough to make plaguey coatl accents
I was really hoping for a male banescale accent. All of my fiery banescales need some.
I was really hoping for a male banescale accent. All of my fiery banescales need some.
PQznZys.png
I think wildclaws and guardians end up being popular because they have so much wingspace so you can make something fancy and still wear some apparel without covering the whole thing up. although you'd think that banescales would be too because they also have a lot of wingspace :thinking:

it would be nice if they increased the number of winners though, I agree
I think wildclaws and guardians end up being popular because they have so much wingspace so you can make something fancy and still wear some apparel without covering the whole thing up. although you'd think that banescales would be too because they also have a lot of wingspace :thinking:

it would be nice if they increased the number of winners though, I agree
they/them
I am definitely in support of increasing the number of winners. Over time many breeds will end up lacking fest skins if they don't.
I am definitely in support of increasing the number of winners. Over time many breeds will end up lacking fest skins if they don't.
I will put something here eventually.
1 2