Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Obelisks are Pixiu
1 2 3
@bonepeach - never thought of that before :O interesting

@tidedaddy / @LuckOfTheClaws / @WolfTears - yeah they could (but obelisks are definitely not just chinese guardian lions). (could've worded the post better I guess, the forums kept crashing so I quickly posted it before it crashes again / I just updated the post) I personally think they are partly influenced by gargoyle (definitely the stone part of the myth but also the wing type and maybe the horn design too).

Both Guardian lions and Pixiu are so near identical aside from the wing and horns thing (and guardian lion's association with . I think someone pointed out that the design might've been coincidental because guardian lions are more well known. So could be that Obelisks are just guardian lion + gargoyle mix.

@/Piraruku - I don't think we've seen any mentions of any FR dragon doing droppings O_O

@gayrurumon - yeah it's possible that obelisks are just lion dogs + dragon gargoyles. Design is interestingly very similar to Pixiu in that case (but not surprising since the two look almost similar to one another)
@bonepeach - never thought of that before :O interesting

@tidedaddy / @LuckOfTheClaws / @WolfTears - yeah they could (but obelisks are definitely not just chinese guardian lions). (could've worded the post better I guess, the forums kept crashing so I quickly posted it before it crashes again / I just updated the post) I personally think they are partly influenced by gargoyle (definitely the stone part of the myth but also the wing type and maybe the horn design too).

Both Guardian lions and Pixiu are so near identical aside from the wing and horns thing (and guardian lion's association with . I think someone pointed out that the design might've been coincidental because guardian lions are more well known. So could be that Obelisks are just guardian lion + gargoyle mix.

@/Piraruku - I don't think we've seen any mentions of any FR dragon doing droppings O_O

@gayrurumon - yeah it's possible that obelisks are just lion dogs + dragon gargoyles. Design is interestingly very similar to Pixiu in that case (but not surprising since the two look almost similar to one another)
1 2 3