Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Regarding the new eyes update, how does-
1 2
You can buy primal eyes now instead of them being exclusive to breeding! I think this is a great change because it makes specific dragon/breeding projects more attainable. I don't regret breeding the boy in my icon but it took over a year of breeding one pair to get primal... This system is much better.
You can buy primal eyes now instead of them being exclusive to breeding! I think this is a great change because it makes specific dragon/breeding projects more attainable. I don't regret breeding the boy in my icon but it took over a year of breeding one pair to get primal... This system is much better.
tumblr_inline_ph66ygtX8D1trnsp5_540.giftumblr_inline_p7tsvyzpyk1trnsp5_540.gifbig_shift_by_shapeshifthate-dckip66.pngbig_terr_by_shapeshifthate-dckip6i.png
Generally speaking, your average dragons aren’t gonna be affected much if at all, but there are people that have gotten really lucky gen 1 hatches and scatters to get ones with rare eye types that sell for potentially thousands of gems, and now that there’s vials for all of the eye types the profits from hatches like that are going to be capped pretty close to what the respective vial price is (so 500kt tops) unless there’s something else going for the dragon in question
Generally speaking, your average dragons aren’t gonna be affected much if at all, but there are people that have gotten really lucky gen 1 hatches and scatters to get ones with rare eye types that sell for potentially thousands of gems, and now that there’s vials for all of the eye types the profits from hatches like that are going to be capped pretty close to what the respective vial price is (so 500kt tops) unless there’s something else going for the dragon in question
unknown.png
@Akiron

The update added eye vials for all the existing eye types, including primal! Since you can now buy the eyes for around 500kt/g, dragons that hatched with those eyes naturally aren't worth much more than a dragon who had the eyes applied to them. Since primal eyes were so rare, a dragon that hatched with them could go for thousands of gems, but now they are worth about the same as a primal eye vial since that what made the dragon valuable in the first place.

Also there's no need for scatterrsights any more since you can buy the eye vials. They used to be the only way you might be able to get a new eye type on an old dragon, but now that we have the vials they aren't needed any more! They will probably still maintain some value for being a retired item, but not the same value they used to have.
@Akiron

The update added eye vials for all the existing eye types, including primal! Since you can now buy the eyes for around 500kt/g, dragons that hatched with those eyes naturally aren't worth much more than a dragon who had the eyes applied to them. Since primal eyes were so rare, a dragon that hatched with them could go for thousands of gems, but now they are worth about the same as a primal eye vial since that what made the dragon valuable in the first place.

Also there's no need for scatterrsights any more since you can buy the eye vials. They used to be the only way you might be able to get a new eye type on an old dragon, but now that we have the vials they aren't needed any more! They will probably still maintain some value for being a retired item, but not the same value they used to have.
RPMyHZU.pngMUYNhfy.pngRPMyHZU.png

WKtl2lb.pngUU9vIu2.pngkBHm00y.pngrix3ppo.png
500kt to me is pretty much 500G and I’ve bought my few primals for less than a tenth of that. Pretty primals will still be expensive, just not like 5kg
500kt to me is pretty much 500G and I’ve bought my few primals for less than a tenth of that. Pretty primals will still be expensive, just not like 5kg
tgKCVtZ.png
The update introduced a way to get guaranteed primal eyes through items in the marketplace.

It will probably only affect g1 primals rather than primals in general, I think 500kt is the max we've seen a non-g1 primal go for and that's with something special about it (i.e. linage or ID), and that's how much the primal vials are.
The update introduced a way to get guaranteed primal eyes through items in the marketplace.

It will probably only affect g1 primals rather than primals in general, I think 500kt is the max we've seen a non-g1 primal go for and that's with something special about it (i.e. linage or ID), and that's how much the primal vials are.
Gen1 (dragons hatched from eggs) primals were EXPENSEY. The luck! And then if you get good colors, even more luck! But now with vials, it's not worth as much- anybody can put vials on whatever dragon and it no longer matters about breeding the perfect one and hoping they get primal.
Gen1 (dragons hatched from eggs) primals were EXPENSEY. The luck! And then if you get good colors, even more luck! But now with vials, it's not worth as much- anybody can put vials on whatever dragon and it no longer matters about breeding the perfect one and hoping they get primal.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
1 2