Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | quick question, just wondering
1 2 3 4 5
yeah i don't... get why dragons with those names are allowed to exist either personally
yeah i don't... get why dragons with those names are allowed to exist either personally
oooo
lightf1.png

euclid
it/its
ca5598c1562f7247710d616cfd891b3c26c319f5.png

lightf2.png
@skeksis
why choose the name corvid when theres so many other options that we're allowed to name our dragons
like this
this
or, one of my favorites, this

but if we wanna go on the topic of questionable diseases that havent been banned as names...
well we got this
this

@skeksis
why choose the name corvid when theres so many other options that we're allowed to name our dragons
like this
this

but if we wanna go on the topic of questionable diseases that havent been banned as names...
well we got this
this

banning an entire genus of birds seems a bit over the top to me. let me have my murder of crows and magpies!
banning an entire genus of birds seems a bit over the top to me. let me have my murder of crows and magpies!
beep bop boop
Staff has stated that people were using corvid to get around the word covid being a banned name, and while it is banned currently it'll be allowed again at a later date when they think it's okay to.

And you'd be surprised how vile people can be about things like this. There were people making full on covid fandragons with fics about it being the punchline and stuff.
Staff has stated that people were using corvid to get around the word covid being a banned name, and while it is banned currently it'll be allowed again at a later date when they think it's okay to.

And you'd be surprised how vile people can be about things like this. There were people making full on covid fandragons with fics about it being the punchline and stuff.
aasolsmall.pngaa
mags
they/vae
fr +8
drymmsmallsmall.png
@worldless [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/23390632][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/233907/23390632_350.png[/img][/url] both the dragon and the user have very distinguished names. immaculate perfection
@worldless
23390632_350.png
both the dragon and the user have very distinguished names. immaculate perfection
KKdqwb1.gif hi, i'm etui

she/they
UNCOMFORTABLE GESTURING AT MY NAME BEING CORVID BUT MISPELLED
UNCOMFORTABLE GESTURING AT MY NAME BEING CORVID BUT MISPELLED
extra-head-left.png
Lee
They/them
FR +0
_
G1 Collector and lover of spookiness

Wishlists in dragon bios
_
DBR2.png
Lore Dragons
in general the word corvid is super cool

#bringbackthebords
in general the word corvid is super cool

#bringbackthebords
[quote name="Skeksis" date="2021-04-15 12:35:49" ] [vague gesturing to all the dragons named ebola] [/quote] LMAO, EXACTLY
Skeksis wrote on 2021-04-15 12:35:49:
[vague gesturing to all the dragons named ebola]

LMAO, EXACTLY
Spicy opinion time but I think banning the name is stupid even if it makes some people uncomfortable. Are we banning the word "clown" next because it makes people uncomfortable? Should we ban the word SARS too since that was a pandemic at one point? How about Swine Flu?

It's the name of a virus, people. A group of viruses, actually. Considering we have a plague flight this should be fine.

That way, people like OP can name their dragons Corvid without being taken as some silly collateral damage. (Also if the word "covid" alone makes you uncomfortable, I'm not sure how you made it through 2020/1 since it's absolutely everywhere)
Spicy opinion time but I think banning the name is stupid even if it makes some people uncomfortable. Are we banning the word "clown" next because it makes people uncomfortable? Should we ban the word SARS too since that was a pandemic at one point? How about Swine Flu?

It's the name of a virus, people. A group of viruses, actually. Considering we have a plague flight this should be fine.

That way, people like OP can name their dragons Corvid without being taken as some silly collateral damage. (Also if the word "covid" alone makes you uncomfortable, I'm not sure how you made it through 2020/1 since it's absolutely everywhere)
[quote name="worldless" date="2021-04-15 12:49:30" ] @skeksis why choose the name corvid when theres so many other options that we're allowed to name our dragons like this this or, one of my favorites, this but if we wanna go on the topic of questionable diseases that havent been banned as names... well we got this this [/quote] this are all extremely unsettling yikes
worldless wrote on 2021-04-15 12:49:30:
@skeksis
like this
this

well we got this
this

this are all extremely unsettling yikes
- she/her
- fr+3
- badges
BXMA6Ma.gif
1 2 3 4 5