Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How did you finally decide your flight?
1 2 3 4 5
I decided before I even got to the site tbh. xD Heard a couple people talking about it on another petsite and when one of them mentioned Wind, I immediately thought- yes! I usually pick air elements in games and the freedom and aesthetics of it all just makes my heart happy. [emoji=wind rune size=1]
I decided before I even got to the site tbh. xD

Heard a couple people talking about it on another petsite and when one of them mentioned Wind, I immediately thought- yes!
I usually pick air elements in games and the freedom and aesthetics of it all just makes my heart happy.
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!xCmYhaC.pngMA3bre1.png
I chose Arcane originally because s p a c e. Since then, I've decided I
want to travel to every flight so I'm just kind of choosing in a random order now.
I chose Arcane originally because s p a c e. Since then, I've decided I
want to travel to every flight so I'm just kind of choosing in a random order now.
3sKaKGc.png
gray » fr+3 » flight traveler
Because purple is my favorite color. That's it.

I've stayed in Shadow partly because I like our deity the best and I'm fond of the trickster/secrety/sneaky lore, but also partly out of spite. I remember back in the day when dom fights were more common (ie, every week) we'd basically always lose unless we went up against Arcane (which at the time was the only flight of similar size). Some folks jumped ship because trying to win dom in Shadow was like Sisyphus rolling his boulder up the hill. But not me. I'm not giving up even if we do always lose LMAO

(This is no shade- pun intended- on anyone who left Shadow for any reason, and I'm not sore about the fact that we're a big flight and don't win dom very often. It's just fun to stick with an underdog.)
Because purple is my favorite color. That's it.

I've stayed in Shadow partly because I like our deity the best and I'm fond of the trickster/secrety/sneaky lore, but also partly out of spite. I remember back in the day when dom fights were more common (ie, every week) we'd basically always lose unless we went up against Arcane (which at the time was the only flight of similar size). Some folks jumped ship because trying to win dom in Shadow was like Sisyphus rolling his boulder up the hill. But not me. I'm not giving up even if we do always lose LMAO

(This is no shade- pun intended- on anyone who left Shadow for any reason, and I'm not sore about the fact that we're a big flight and don't win dom very often. It's just fun to stick with an underdog.)
Leu | She/Her | FR+3
15587.png7695.png34822.png25781.png34786.png16453.png
I chose Arcane because I misunderstood Flight Forums and thought you could only talk to your own flight in all forums. Thus, I chose the most artistic sounding flight due to me recently picking up art and wanting to improve.

I stayed because I love all that Arcane represents: the things no one knows, the stars and galaxies, pure and unadulterated magic. I really love my flight and couldn't image leaving. Where would I go? What can compare...?
I chose Arcane because I misunderstood Flight Forums and thought you could only talk to your own flight in all forums. Thus, I chose the most artistic sounding flight due to me recently picking up art and wanting to improve.

I stayed because I love all that Arcane represents: the things no one knows, the stars and galaxies, pure and unadulterated magic. I really love my flight and couldn't image leaving. Where would I go? What can compare...?
X
X
loading.gif

X
X
I chose wind because it reminds me of home. The aesthetics and lore, not really the stink cloud color.
I chose wind because it reminds me of home. The aesthetics and lore, not really the stink cloud color.

One day, will these too become but distant memories?
. . .
Yes, in the blink of an eye.

It's easy. I'm an edge lord. I picked Shadow.

(I was originally in Wind and I have no idea why I picked that lol. But my progens would look pretty bad with Shadow eyes, so that's good.)
It's easy. I'm an edge lord. I picked Shadow.

(I was originally in Wind and I have no idea why I picked that lol. But my progens would look pretty bad with Shadow eyes, so that's good.)
jCVhFoZ.gif
it helps knowing i can switch again, eventually! i was in wind for a looong time before i switched to earth, where i've been since july. frequent dom bonuses are great but bad for my horrible impulse control. rocks are good.

i joined wind originally because i enjoyed all the things it seemed to be about! feathers and birds, maps, scrolls, and of course adventure! i think i'll probably go back one day, but until then, most of my lore is still heavily based in wind and i think i'll keep it that way
it helps knowing i can switch again, eventually! i was in wind for a looong time before i switched to earth, where i've been since july. frequent dom bonuses are great but bad for my horrible impulse control. rocks are good.

i joined wind originally because i enjoyed all the things it seemed to be about! feathers and birds, maps, scrolls, and of course adventure! i think i'll probably go back one day, but until then, most of my lore is still heavily based in wind and i think i'll keep it that way
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sailor
she/he
milkchai-cacat.png
Started in Nature, it was great! But later I decided Arcane was more for me. Space, stars, and curiosity are all things I love :)
Started in Nature, it was great! But later I decided Arcane was more for me. Space, stars, and curiosity are all things I love :)
d00165ea3be20b3a332165f1cb02d923a7868fe5.png
I started in Fire because fire-breathing dragons are traditional and I'm passionate and creative; I'm also a Fire sign (Sagittarius). I left Fire because of that godawful bright orange regional banner that gave me headaches.

I've been in Lightning, Plague, and Earth, and am now in Ice. I'm not visiting all the flights, it just genuinely took me this many times to find something that vibes with my lore and where I don't hate the regional banner at the top of my lair. I stay in Ice because I love winter and things like the aurora and wintry forests are my jam, my clan's lore is hunting/imprisoning bad spoopy stuff, and the neutral eyes are nice for breeding. I'm also tired of moving around and spending 1500g. I sometimes get nostalgic for Plague (I was a Plague dom organizer for awhile) and thought about going dual-flight but I don't want to keep moving back and forth, so Ice is stuck with me.
I started in Fire because fire-breathing dragons are traditional and I'm passionate and creative; I'm also a Fire sign (Sagittarius). I left Fire because of that godawful bright orange regional banner that gave me headaches.

I've been in Lightning, Plague, and Earth, and am now in Ice. I'm not visiting all the flights, it just genuinely took me this many times to find something that vibes with my lore and where I don't hate the regional banner at the top of my lair. I stay in Ice because I love winter and things like the aurora and wintry forests are my jam, my clan's lore is hunting/imprisoning bad spoopy stuff, and the neutral eyes are nice for breeding. I'm also tired of moving around and spending 1500g. I sometimes get nostalgic for Plague (I was a Plague dom organizer for awhile) and thought about going dual-flight but I don't want to keep moving back and forth, so Ice is stuck with me.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
i love how dom oriented plague is! my first flight was arcane - i was pretty into breeding dragons back in the day and the pink eyes weren't really my vibe. then ice for a year or two which i LOVED for lore purposes. in fact, my entire lore is still based in ice (lol). after a particularly crazy ice vs plague dom battle i decided to make the switch for the third time and this is where i've been ever since. i do dearly miss ice but i've grown so used to plague that i think making another switch would be difficult.
i love how dom oriented plague is! my first flight was arcane - i was pretty into breeding dragons back in the day and the pink eyes weren't really my vibe. then ice for a year or two which i LOVED for lore purposes. in fact, my entire lore is still based in ice (lol). after a particularly crazy ice vs plague dom battle i decided to make the switch for the third time and this is where i've been ever since. i do dearly miss ice but i've grown so used to plague that i think making another switch would be difficult.
square2.png sierra
she/her
fr + 2
1 2 3 4 5