Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Will we get freebies for new ancient?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I'm guessing everyone will get 1 clanbound scroll from Galore, if anything.
I'm guessing everyone will get 1 clanbound scroll from Galore, if anything.
Elsie | She / they|
I have a wishlist / trading thread! x
7J1Hgbi.pngYya65zH.pngy6Tz96p.png
I’m hoping for an egg exclusive breed but I know it’s unlikely
I’m hoping for an egg exclusive breed but I know it’s unlikely
hdCEH9z.png Rabigrace she/her
wishlist
earth lair
+0 server time
I am not very active anymore
[quote name="Server" date="2020-10-18 17:26:10" ] I see us mayyyybe getting an egg or a scroll to jumpstart the population? I'm not too sure but I'm hoping so because a gem ancient would be EXPENSIVE to buy. I can [i]kind of[/i] predict the cost of a breed-change scroll by comparing the cost of [item=Tertiary Gene: Opal] vs [item=Tertiary Gene: Opal (Gaoler)] The modern opal gene costs 1200, and then ancient opal gene costs 500. That is a -58.3% difference in cost. Now if we'd apply that to the cost of a modern gem gene scroll, aka 2,000 gems... 2,000g * -58.3% = -1166g. Now we take that value and subtract it to two thousand. 2,000g- 1166g = 834 gems. If you make it a 'even' or 'nice-looking' value I'd either say 830 gems or 835 gems. 835 gems is still a lot for a certain breed of a dragon though. It'd be the 3rd most expensive, feasibly obtainable dragon scroll on the site. (835 gems is currently about equivalent to [i]1 million treasure...[/i]) [/quote] This is true for a tertiary gene, but [item=Secondary Gene: Facet (Gaoler)] is 600 gems, and [item=Primary Gene: Crystal (Gaoler)] is 750 gems. Both of those prices are exactly half of their modern counterparts. So it's much more likely that a breedchange scroll would be 1000 gems than 830. That's REALLY EXPENSIVE for a breed that can only breed with itself. That would be a horrible mistake for Flight Rising to make regarding their economy. The gem to treasure rate is already horribly inflated. I wouldn't be surprised if this shot it to 1:1500, or even 1:2000. Because of this, I do think they'd give out at least one for free.
Server wrote on 2020-10-18 17:26:10:
I see us mayyyybe getting an egg or a scroll to jumpstart the population? I'm not too sure but I'm hoping so because a gem ancient would be EXPENSIVE to buy.

I can kind of predict the cost of a breed-change scroll by comparing the cost of Tertiary Gene: Opal vs

The modern opal gene costs 1200, and then ancient opal gene costs 500. That is a -58.3% difference in cost.

Now if we'd apply that to the cost of a modern gem gene scroll, aka 2,000 gems...
2,000g * -58.3% = -1166g.

Now we take that value and subtract it to two thousand.
2,000g- 1166g = 834 gems. If you make it a 'even' or 'nice-looking' value I'd either say 830 gems or 835 gems.

835 gems is still a lot for a certain breed of a dragon though. It'd be the 3rd most expensive, feasibly obtainable dragon scroll on the site. (835 gems is currently about equivalent to 1 million treasure...)

This is true for a tertiary gene, but is 600 gems, and is 750 gems. Both of those prices are exactly half of their modern counterparts. So it's much more likely that a breedchange scroll would be 1000 gems than 830.

That's REALLY EXPENSIVE for a breed that can only breed with itself. That would be a horrible mistake for Flight Rising to make regarding their economy. The gem to treasure rate is already horribly inflated. I wouldn't be surprised if this shot it to 1:1500, or even 1:2000. Because of this, I do think they'd give out at least one for free.
Long-Term Fandragon Search | Animated Anomalies Subspecies

ve/vir/vis, fey/faer/faer, or they/them pronouns
I only ask for one (1) singular teaser or update of any kind prior to its release.

Are we anywhere near it’s release? Yes they promised this year, but things always come up and push backs can happen to anything. If they’re gonna release it like, New Year’s Eve LMAO, I’d like to have some idea ;0;

Whether we get scrolls or eggs or simply nothing for it’s release, doesn’t really bother me. I really just can’t wait to see their final design and breed specific genes and cool skins people will make for it down the line! It’s all exciting to me c:
I only ask for one (1) singular teaser or update of any kind prior to its release.

Are we anywhere near it’s release? Yes they promised this year, but things always come up and push backs can happen to anything. If they’re gonna release it like, New Year’s Eve LMAO, I’d like to have some idea ;0;

Whether we get scrolls or eggs or simply nothing for it’s release, doesn’t really bother me. I really just can’t wait to see their final design and breed specific genes and cool skins people will make for it down the line! It’s all exciting to me c:
Untitled_Artwork.png
It'd be nice to get something but we aren't expecting anything at all. Gem items stock in unlimited quantities so everyone will have the chance to get a scroll at release if they want. And giving away free gem items seems like a bad expectation to set.

We could see some new ancient related items to be given away for free to go along with the release. Scenes, familiars, food or something.
It'd be nice to get something but we aren't expecting anything at all. Gem items stock in unlimited quantities so everyone will have the chance to get a scroll at release if they want. And giving away free gem items seems like a bad expectation to set.

We could see some new ancient related items to be given away for free to go along with the release. Scenes, familiars, food or something.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
The contents of this message have been removed. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Flight Rising Support.
The contents of this message have been removed. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Flight Rising Support.
@Kiserath

I'm not entirely sure. I've been here since 2014 (so both WCs and Coatls were already here). Coatl scrolls are always in the gem MP and WCs cycle in.

I assume that since there's no other gem ancient, the scrolls will just become a permanent gem MP resident. I also assume that since they can only breed with themselves, the staff will give everyone a freebie just to get a population started / prevent the economy from imploding
@Kiserath

I'm not entirely sure. I've been here since 2014 (so both WCs and Coatls were already here). Coatl scrolls are always in the gem MP and WCs cycle in.

I assume that since there's no other gem ancient, the scrolls will just become a permanent gem MP resident. I also assume that since they can only breed with themselves, the staff will give everyone a freebie just to get a population started / prevent the economy from imploding
Elsie | She / they|
I have a wishlist / trading thread! x
7J1Hgbi.pngYya65zH.pngy6Tz96p.png
@Kiserath Wildclaws were there from the start. Nothing happened with Coatls. They were just released to the gem MP. The first time FR included freebies with a breed release was Gaolers.
@Kiserath Wildclaws were there from the start. Nothing happened with Coatls. They were just released to the gem MP. The first time FR included freebies with a breed release was Gaolers.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
I'm hoping for some sort of freebie, since I definitely won't be able to afford them until the prices drop in the ah, and that will take a long while since they can only breed with themselves. I do see why it's better for the site for them to not give anything out though.
I'm hoping for some sort of freebie, since I definitely won't be able to afford them until the prices drop in the ah, and that will take a long while since they can only breed with themselves. I do see why it's better for the site for them to not give anything out though.
+7 FRtime
Call me Flame!
P9aWhak.png cIEO3vJ.png bYt72YT.png
No, I don't think so. Think about it as a business way. It would be outright loss if even one (1) was given out for free. It is a gem Marketplace stuff. It will be there with an unlimited amount forever. Players will purchase it and have the time to do that at any time.
No, I don't think so. Think about it as a business way. It would be outright loss if even one (1) was given out for free. It is a gem Marketplace stuff. It will be there with an unlimited amount forever. Players will purchase it and have the time to do that at any time.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9