Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | pog champ!
[quote name="deztora" date="2020-09-11 09:10:43" ] [quote name="Amayai" date="2020-09-10 21:44:01" ] [quote name="deztora" date="2020-09-10 16:44:31" ] Like, what would be an equivalent word? What would replace 'pog' in this thread title and hold the same meaning? [/quote] "Niiiice" would fit well [/quote] No, because "nice champ" doesn't make any sense. Are there two different new meanings? [/quote] "pog champ" is one phrase, that means niice when put together. apart, it does not hold the same meaning. It's kind of like an idiom but when you take out one part it just doesnt have meaning anymore. you could argue that "pog" is the operating part of the phrase, as pog alone means the same but shorter and to a lesser effect. other variations exist such as "poggers" or "grandpog" with verying degrees of pog.
deztora wrote on 2020-09-11 09:10:43:
Amayai wrote on 2020-09-10 21:44:01:
deztora wrote on 2020-09-10 16:44:31:
Like, what would be an equivalent word? What would replace 'pog' in this thread title and hold the same meaning?

"Niiiice" would fit well
No, because "nice champ" doesn't make any sense.

Are there two different new meanings?
"pog champ" is one phrase, that means niice when put together. apart, it does not hold the same meaning. It's kind of like an idiom but when you take out one part it just doesnt have meaning anymore.

you could argue that "pog" is the operating part of the phrase, as pog alone means the same but shorter and to a lesser effect. other variations exist such as "poggers" or "grandpog" with verying degrees of pog.
nature8.png x Iron Belt Buckle Current
Count:
Buckles
xx xxxxxxxxxxxxx treasure.png
^My Goals!^
fc4zvun.png
rI18gRz.png
mlHpBMC.png
o4KdtaP.png
VjdktqS.png
Sorrowspark#0101
[quote name="@Wen" date="2020-09-10 22:17:04" ] poggers my dude! *insert video of basking shark saying "shark pog" here* [/quote] [url=https://youtu.be/kuVor0RJ5L8]This one?[/url]
@Wen wrote on 2020-09-10 22:17:04:
poggers my dude!

*insert video of basking shark saying "shark pog" here*

This one?
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
54149505.png be a chad dragon enjoyer. yes im begging for likes wyd
[quote name="Sorrowspark" date="2020-09-10 15:34:04" ] [i]bogchamp [img]https://i.imgur.com/yDEZ1dU.png[/img] [/quote] [i]i hate this
Sorrowspark wrote on 2020-09-10 15:34:04:
bogchamp

yDEZ1dU.png
i hate this
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif || drearie
|| she/her
|| bi
|| worm king
|| anthem
[quote name="@ratdealer" date="2020-09-11 09:16:20" ] [quote name="Wen" date="2020-09-10 22:17:04" ] poggers my dude! *insert video of basking shark saying "shark pog" here* [/quote] [url=https://youtu.be/kuVor0RJ5L8]This one?[/url] [/quote] yes!!! thank you :D
@ratdealer wrote on 2020-09-11 09:16:20:
Wen wrote on 2020-09-10 22:17:04:
poggers my dude!

*insert video of basking shark saying "shark pog" here*

This one?

yes!!! thank you :D
OjYCOIV.png
poggers!

(you can tell who in this thread uses twitch lol)
poggers!

(you can tell who in this thread uses twitch lol)
hokaKWf.png
[quote name="Janette" date="2020-09-10 14:04:07" ] [img]https://screenshots.gamebanana.com/img/ico/sprays/59036c7d253c0.png[/img] [/quote]
Janette wrote on 2020-09-10 14:04:07:
59036c7d253c0.png
7kXqKFJ.png x0wa6.gif
Imagine going on Flightrising dot com and arguing in a thread over the meaning of slang and telling people that its wrong when they answer your questions lol
Imagine going on Flightrising dot com and arguing in a thread over the meaning of slang and telling people that its wrong when they answer your questions lol
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
There are 2 type of people in this thread

- Those who know what pog is, and that's pretty poggers, bro

- Those who do not are stare on in bewilderment
There are 2 type of people in this thread

- Those who know what pog is, and that's pretty poggers, bro

- Those who do not are stare on in bewilderment
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
For the people asking, pogchamp comes from a twitch.tv emote, which is a picture of Ryan Gutierrez, a streamer who made a surprised face in a video. I think most people have forgotten the original source behind the meme but the video was pretty popular back in the day and now I feel really old. The reason for the name is that the video was called "Pogs Champion" and it ended up getting shortened for the name of the emote (pogchamp is easier to type than pogschampion). People now say pogchamp, pog, or poggers to express excitement in reference to the pogchamp emote. [quote][b]WHAT DOES POGCHAMP MEAN?[/b] PogChamp refers to an emote, a small image used in chats on the video game streaming platform Twitch, used to express shock, surprise, or excitement. [b]WHERE DOES POGCHAMP COME FROM?[/b] The chat feature on Twitch uses small images called emotes in the same way that other social media platforms use emoji or emoticons. These include the standard illustrated faces, but also photographs of faces of the software developers behind the program and notable streamers. Users can simply type the name of the desired emote into the chat bar and the program will display the image. The PogChamp emote shows streamer Ryan Gutierrez, known as Gootecks, making an exaggeratedly surprised face, his mouth open and eyes wide. The image is pulled from an outtake from Gutierrez’s YouTube series (with fellow gamer Mike Ross) Counter Cross TV. The outtake, uploaded in November 2010, includes Gutierrez’s surprised reaction to a cameraman bumping his tripod. The name PogChamp comes from another video, uploaded in 2011, featuring Gutierrez and Ross. In a promo video, called “Pogs Championship,” for a MadCatz-brand joystick, the two play Pogs, the disk-flipping game popular in the 1990s. In the end, Gutierrez wins by dropping the joystick on the stack of Pogs, becoming the Pog champion. By 2012, Twitch added the image of the surprised Gutierrez, from the outtake video, to its list of global emotes (available to all users), under the name PogChamp. PogChamp has since become one of the site’s most popular emotes. Gutierrez himself has capitalized on the image’s popularity, selling a t-shirt with the image in an Andy Warhol-esque style.[/quote] https://www.dictionary.com/e/emoji/pogchamp/
For the people asking, pogchamp comes from a twitch.tv emote, which is a picture of Ryan Gutierrez, a streamer who made a surprised face in a video. I think most people have forgotten the original source behind the meme but the video was pretty popular back in the day and now I feel really old.

The reason for the name is that the video was called "Pogs Champion" and it ended up getting shortened for the name of the emote (pogchamp is easier to type than pogschampion). People now say pogchamp, pog, or poggers to express excitement in reference to the pogchamp emote.
Quote:
WHAT DOES POGCHAMP MEAN?
PogChamp refers to an emote, a small image used in chats on the video game streaming platform Twitch, used to express shock, surprise, or excitement.

WHERE DOES POGCHAMP COME FROM?

The chat feature on Twitch uses small images called emotes in the same way that other social media platforms use emoji or emoticons. These include the standard illustrated faces, but also photographs of faces of the software developers behind the program and notable streamers. Users can simply type the name of the desired emote into the chat bar and the program will display the image.

The PogChamp emote shows streamer Ryan Gutierrez, known as Gootecks, making an exaggeratedly surprised face, his mouth open and eyes wide. The image is pulled from an outtake from Gutierrez’s YouTube series (with fellow gamer Mike Ross) Counter Cross TV. The outtake, uploaded in November 2010, includes Gutierrez’s surprised reaction to a cameraman bumping his tripod.

The name PogChamp comes from another video, uploaded in 2011, featuring Gutierrez and Ross. In a promo video, called “Pogs Championship,” for a MadCatz-brand joystick, the two play Pogs, the disk-flipping game popular in the 1990s. In the end, Gutierrez wins by dropping the joystick on the stack of Pogs, becoming the Pog champion.

By 2012, Twitch added the image of the surprised Gutierrez, from the outtake video, to its list of global emotes (available to all users), under the name PogChamp. PogChamp has since become one of the site’s most popular emotes. Gutierrez himself has capitalized on the image’s popularity, selling a t-shirt with the image in an Andy Warhol-esque style.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/emoji/pogchamp/
MUYNhfy.png
VPnffeY.png
Gay (MLM/gay man flag)
rix3ppo.png
WKtl2lb.png
J7D1quC.png
l4bF82r.pngR9wtXaf.pngiZMfJug.pngwE8InSj.pngBjG9OOU.pnga6YPmbH.gif47CqiMq.gif
ASbXVY4.png
bYt72YT.png
tqGkHih.png
4SE4T9N.png
KrIo0N3.png
t6zNkmJ.png
9JeQCtz.png
hbsnjs I love how people in this thread are just saying congrats to op or debating the origin and meaning of pog champ
hbsnjs I love how people in this thread are just saying congrats to op or debating the origin and meaning of pog champ
0QBdK7N.png