Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | It is perfectly fine to adapt genes...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I honestly had no idea people would feel strongly about this! I thought everyone (outliers notwithstanding) would just kinda go "oh that's neat." Huh.
I honestly had no idea people would feel strongly about this! I thought everyone (outliers notwithstanding) would just kinda go "oh that's neat." Huh.
xxxxxxxxxx 0Srkgnv.gif NkoiOuv.gif Gwrjw2w.gif JQCpKiY.gif
:D We thought most people would like it. More gene choices are always a good thing.
It must be disappointing for the people that wanted ancient genes to stay exclusive but we don't really get it. We'd like existing ancients to get more gene updates especially since they can't wear apparel but exclusive primary/secondary genes isn't a massive draw for us.
:D We thought most people would like it. More gene choices are always a good thing.
It must be disappointing for the people that wanted ancient genes to stay exclusive but we don't really get it. We'd like existing ancients to get more gene updates especially since they can't wear apparel but exclusive primary/secondary genes isn't a massive draw for us.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
[quote name="Lonin" date="2020-07-23 08:14:45" ] :D We thought most people would like it. More gene choices are always a good thing. It must be disappointing for the people that wanted ancient genes to stay exclusive but we don't really get it. We'd like existing ancients to get more gene updates especially since they can't wear apparel but exclusive primary/secondary genes isn't a massive draw for us. [/quote] ^^ this.
Lonin wrote on 2020-07-23 08:14:45:
^^ this.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
I’m kinda disappointed that some people aren’t liking the idea of shared genes. I mean, they can have their own opinions, but isn’t more selection better? You never know when a gene might complete a dragon and it’s not a terrible gene. I don’t think it has as many mistakes as the last few gene releases... So I think this apprehension is a bit much. (Let the staff have a successful gene launch once in a while people!)

I doubt Ancient’s popularity and uniqueness will decrease as they have a different look from modern breeds. They have the ability not to follow the typical dragon formula and have cool and complex line art breaking genes. While they might not be for everyone, ‘the flatter’ genes on moderns allow those who don’t like ancients to still use the genes.

Personally it makes sense that the ancient and modern dragon populations mimic each other’s patterns. The ancients already took some of the modern genes, so why can’t moderns (with the exception of line breaking genes).

I’d love some more Okapi love! Especially on Gaolers~
I’m kinda disappointed that some people aren’t liking the idea of shared genes. I mean, they can have their own opinions, but isn’t more selection better? You never know when a gene might complete a dragon and it’s not a terrible gene. I don’t think it has as many mistakes as the last few gene releases... So I think this apprehension is a bit much. (Let the staff have a successful gene launch once in a while people!)

I doubt Ancient’s popularity and uniqueness will decrease as they have a different look from modern breeds. They have the ability not to follow the typical dragon formula and have cool and complex line art breaking genes. While they might not be for everyone, ‘the flatter’ genes on moderns allow those who don’t like ancients to still use the genes.

Personally it makes sense that the ancient and modern dragon populations mimic each other’s patterns. The ancients already took some of the modern genes, so why can’t moderns (with the exception of line breaking genes).

I’d love some more Okapi love! Especially on Gaolers~
I'm kind of meh on the whole thing. I'm fine with ancient genes on modern breeds and vice versa, I'm just kind of confused since we already had swirble, which is just a less intense version of the new gene. At least it's still a treasure gene. I haven't played around with it yet though so maybe I'll change my mind! Ragged/Tear when?
I'm kind of meh on the whole thing. I'm fine with ancient genes on modern breeds and vice versa, I'm just kind of confused since we already had swirble, which is just a less intense version of the new gene. At least it's still a treasure gene. I haven't played around with it yet though so maybe I'll change my mind! Ragged/Tear when?
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
oh there’s backlash? that’s disappointing, I hope it doesn’t discourage the release of other ancient genes for modern breeds, I’ve been hoping we’d get ragged/tear for moderns since banescales were first released

I don’t understand the argument of anyone taking issue with the update, it’s the line-breaking terts that make banes and gaolers unique, not the primaries and secondaries. that was always supposed to be the unique thing about ancients, the fact that they can break the rules modern breeds are confined to; no one ever said anything about all of their genes being unique. we’re def never going to see wraith or gnarlhorns on modern breeds, isn’t that enough? from what I’ve observed those are usually the genes that attract people to an ancient breed anyways, eg I’ve seen tons of people say what they like about banescales are genes like wraith and skeletal; I’ve never seen someone love banes bc of candycane or tear
oh there’s backlash? that’s disappointing, I hope it doesn’t discourage the release of other ancient genes for modern breeds, I’ve been hoping we’d get ragged/tear for moderns since banescales were first released

I don’t understand the argument of anyone taking issue with the update, it’s the line-breaking terts that make banes and gaolers unique, not the primaries and secondaries. that was always supposed to be the unique thing about ancients, the fact that they can break the rules modern breeds are confined to; no one ever said anything about all of their genes being unique. we’re def never going to see wraith or gnarlhorns on modern breeds, isn’t that enough? from what I’ve observed those are usually the genes that attract people to an ancient breed anyways, eg I’ve seen tons of people say what they like about banescales are genes like wraith and skeletal; I’ve never seen someone love banes bc of candycane or tear
wpEE9mo.png
I'm seeing a lot mote excitement over having a gene a lot of people like now available for more dragons than people disappointed that ancients won't have as many exclusive genes as hoped. Terts will still be exclusive to them given how customized they are to the dragon type, and I'm sure there are even more genes in the works for ancient dragons!
I'm seeing a lot mote excitement over having a gene a lot of people like now available for more dragons than people disappointed that ancients won't have as many exclusive genes as hoped. Terts will still be exclusive to them given how customized they are to the dragon type, and I'm sure there are even more genes in the works for ancient dragons!
uCR5SCW.png
[quote name="Demagogue" date="2020-07-23 08:46:16" ] I don’t understand the argument of anyone taking issue with the update, it’s the line-breaking terts that make banes and gaolers unique, not the primaries and secondaries. that was always supposed to be the unique thing about ancients, the fact that they can break the rules modern breeds are confined to; no one ever said anything about all of their genes being unique. we’re def never going to see wraith or gnarlhorns on modern breeds, isn’t that enough? from what I’ve observed those are usually the genes that attract people to an ancient breed anyways, eg I’ve seen tons of people say what they like about banescales are genes like wraith and skeletal; I’ve never seen someone love banes bc of candycane or tear [/quote] ^^ This sums it up perfectly for me. I don't get why crossing genes over would devalue ancients in any way. I highly doubt people are gonna suddenly stop wanting ancients just because modern breeds suddenly get a few of the same prims/secs. I don't think every ancient prim/sec would be carried over, but that's just a guess. If anything, it's the tertiaries that make ancients unique. If ancients never existed then it'd be totally feasible for genes like ragged, mosaic, and chevron to be modern genes. It's the majority of terts that make ancients stand out since almost all cannot be transferred to modern breeds. EDIT: I don't really care for ancients so the update doesn't effect me a whole ton. I'm just happy to get more genes, especially one with different accent colors like mosaic. Just throwing in my two cents. People are obviously entitled to be frustrated, and I can get where they're coming from.
Demagogue wrote on 2020-07-23 08:46:16:
^^
This sums it up perfectly for me. I don't get why crossing genes over would devalue ancients in any way. I highly doubt people are gonna suddenly stop wanting ancients just because modern breeds suddenly get a few of the same prims/secs. I don't think every ancient prim/sec would be carried over, but that's just a guess.

If anything, it's the tertiaries that make ancients unique. If ancients never existed then it'd be totally feasible for genes like ragged, mosaic, and chevron to be modern genes. It's the majority of terts that make ancients stand out since almost all cannot be transferred to modern breeds.

EDIT: I don't really care for ancients so the update doesn't effect me a whole ton. I'm just happy to get more genes, especially one with different accent colors like mosaic. Just throwing in my two cents. People are obviously entitled to be frustrated, and I can get where they're coming from.
laV4cLs.gif
[quote name="Snappish" date="2020-07-23 08:37:12" ] I'm just kind of confused since we already had swirble, which is just a less intense version of the new gene. [/quote] While there are similarities in the shapes covering the dragons, Mosaic has diffrent accent colours. That might make someone favour a particular gene... This isn’t the prettiest example, but it shows how the genes have different niches; [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=57&breed=10&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=30&tertgene=14&winggene=24&wings=27&auth=b05b675ade272342e6f6d7d5042a6b1d3e8b51ef&dummyext=prev.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=58&breed=10&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=30&tertgene=14&winggene=24&wings=27&auth=621aeae946739e5b1a912188aef477db5657c38f&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Snappish wrote on 2020-07-23 08:37:12:
I'm just kind of confused since we already had swirble, which is just a less intense version of the new gene.

While there are similarities in the shapes covering the dragons, Mosaic has diffrent accent colours. That might make someone favour a particular gene...

This isn’t the prettiest example, but it shows how the genes have different niches;
dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=57&breed=10&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=30&tertgene=14&winggene=24&wings=27&auth=b05b675ade272342e6f6d7d5042a6b1d3e8b51ef&dummyext=prev.pngdragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=58&breed=10&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=30&tertgene=14&winggene=24&wings=27&auth=621aeae946739e5b1a912188aef477db5657c38f&dummyext=prev.png
i think it's pretty fair that players are upset that an exclusive geneset is taken away from goalers, considering that they barely have anything that makes them unique. yes, line-breaking terts, but not everyone utilizes those on ancients. they can't wear apparel so why take more from them like this?

i personally don't care for mosaic/breakup or goalers. but i can see myself getting a little upset over banescale-exclusive genes, so i get it. just let players express their opinions and everyone will move on in time anyways -- i feel like posts like these poke at those people more than just letting it be, which isn't very helpful to anyone.
i think it's pretty fair that players are upset that an exclusive geneset is taken away from goalers, considering that they barely have anything that makes them unique. yes, line-breaking terts, but not everyone utilizes those on ancients. they can't wear apparel so why take more from them like this?

i personally don't care for mosaic/breakup or goalers. but i can see myself getting a little upset over banescale-exclusive genes, so i get it. just let players express their opinions and everyone will move on in time anyways -- i feel like posts like these poke at those people more than just letting it be, which isn't very helpful to anyone.
yzUX307.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9