Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Share your lore!
1 2
I'm new and I've been crafting my own lore for my Dragons. //Each dragon is based around a plague or sickness, that they themselves carry and can give to others. Example: Unknown is a scholar dragon and loves knowledge but after a while madness will being to set in.

Each dragon is a different type of illness. They are meant to grow strong and then inhabit. Usually a human area to spread their infectious disease or other. To see results and collect followers to worships under the ancient one.

I want everyone to share a chunk of their lore as little or as much as you want! //And just for fun people can make like OC dragons based on your own lore!

I want to see what people have come up with, and see their dragons!
I'm new and I've been crafting my own lore for my Dragons. //Each dragon is based around a plague or sickness, that they themselves carry and can give to others. Example: Unknown is a scholar dragon and loves knowledge but after a while madness will being to set in.

Each dragon is a different type of illness. They are meant to grow strong and then inhabit. Usually a human area to spread their infectious disease or other. To see results and collect followers to worships under the ancient one.

I want everyone to share a chunk of their lore as little or as much as you want! //And just for fun people can make like OC dragons based on your own lore!

I want to see what people have come up with, and see their dragons!
In my lore, my clan is The Exultant Order, a cult that seeks perfection by ritually sacrificing (see: exalting) those deemed unworthy while raising up those declared auspicious! They subjugate smaller clans by forcing them to give up their unworthy for sacrifice on the threat of war. That said, if a clan does choose to submit to them, the Order does honor their agreement to protect them and provide them with trade. On the other hand, if a clan defies them, the Order will raid them and seize not only the unworthy, but any hatchlings as well, to be declared either unworthy or auspicious, and thus either spared or sacrificed as adults.

Basically, they're a bunch of jerks and I'm happy for them to play the villain in anyone's lore :D
In my lore, my clan is The Exultant Order, a cult that seeks perfection by ritually sacrificing (see: exalting) those deemed unworthy while raising up those declared auspicious! They subjugate smaller clans by forcing them to give up their unworthy for sacrifice on the threat of war. That said, if a clan does choose to submit to them, the Order does honor their agreement to protect them and provide them with trade. On the other hand, if a clan defies them, the Order will raid them and seize not only the unworthy, but any hatchlings as well, to be declared either unworthy or auspicious, and thus either spared or sacrificed as adults.

Basically, they're a bunch of jerks and I'm happy for them to play the villain in anyone's lore :D
qHzwbwf.png
A hatchery dedicated to Lightning reps and the Lightning aesthetic

FObX7rS.pngmjtJ868.pngnWiQNX9.png
[quote name="sueslayer" date="2020-07-04 18:36:32" ] In my lore, my clan is The Exultant Order, a cult that seeks perfection by ritually sacrificing (see: exalting) those deemed unworthy while raising up those declared auspicious! They subjugate smaller clans by forcing them to give up their unworthy for sacrifice on the threat of war. That said, if a clan does choose to submit to them, the Order does honor their agreement to protect them and provide them with trade. On the other hand, if a clan defies them, the Order will raid them and seize not only the unworthy, but any hatchlings as well, to be declared either unworthy or auspicious, and thus either spared or sacrificed as adults. Basically, they're a bunch of jerks and I'm happy for them to play the villain in anyone's lore :D [/quote] That sounds like a horrible Clan to be part of lol. All it takes is one dragon to go- Your not worthy now your getting hunted down for sacrifices. Tsk tsk must be hard living.
sueslayer wrote on 2020-07-04 18:36:32:

That sounds like a horrible Clan to be part of lol. All it takes is one dragon to go- Your not worthy now your getting hunted down for sacrifices. Tsk tsk must be hard living.
ooh that character specific disease thing is super cool! i like how so far it seems you're going to be playing with the concept of a disease a lot, and not just restricting it to physical symptoms only. :0

for me, i've got a couple different groups in my lore so they've all got relatively different lore in turn, though they're still connected in the grand scheme of things.

silencia inn is an inn situated in one of the reportedly most dangerous zones of the cairnstone rest. it's a surprisingly friendly place despite there never being many guests. they do have to deal with the darkness contained within the basement of the inn that occasionally breaks out and attempts to enter the mortal realm, but the staff usually beat it back into hibernation. and it only happens monthly, so no big deal.

GOOD COMPANY on the other hand is a group of... nobody really knows what they even do, but it seems to be an odd jobs slash merc group for the most part. a pretty funny bunch. several members have history with silencia inn staff.

and then there's a snack cart that goes around selling refreshing treats :) nothing super serious here, they're just dragons born in fire who realized how much sweeter a cold snack can taste when it's a hot day
ooh that character specific disease thing is super cool! i like how so far it seems you're going to be playing with the concept of a disease a lot, and not just restricting it to physical symptoms only. :0

for me, i've got a couple different groups in my lore so they've all got relatively different lore in turn, though they're still connected in the grand scheme of things.

silencia inn is an inn situated in one of the reportedly most dangerous zones of the cairnstone rest. it's a surprisingly friendly place despite there never being many guests. they do have to deal with the darkness contained within the basement of the inn that occasionally breaks out and attempts to enter the mortal realm, but the staff usually beat it back into hibernation. and it only happens monthly, so no big deal.

GOOD COMPANY on the other hand is a group of... nobody really knows what they even do, but it seems to be an odd jobs slash merc group for the most part. a pretty funny bunch. several members have history with silencia inn staff.

and then there's a snack cart that goes around selling refreshing treats :) nothing super serious here, they're just dragons born in fire who realized how much sweeter a cold snack can taste when it's a hot day
globules.png
My ATLAS clan is based off Borderlands 3. It's an interstellar spaceship full of bounty hunters, travelling between planets in search of the mot lucrative bounties. They kill for fun, money, and loot, so they'll gladly shoot anyone they don't like for cash.

Whoever wants someone executed and is willing to pay is free to hit up anyone in my ATLAS tab ;)
My ATLAS clan is based off Borderlands 3. It's an interstellar spaceship full of bounty hunters, travelling between planets in search of the mot lucrative bounties. They kill for fun, money, and loot, so they'll gladly shoot anyone they don't like for cash.

Whoever wants someone executed and is willing to pay is free to hit up anyone in my ATLAS tab ;)
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
The Hivernal Storm Clan is a group of nomads who originated in the Lightning Flight. Scientists, explorers, engineers and experimental mages, they're seeking knowledge in the corners of the world. Whenever they move to another flight, a new dragon becomes clan leader, one who was raised in the ways of that Flight.

Recently, they've moved from Shadow to Nature, and are being led by the druidess Shodan and her mate Kintsukuroi. Other prominent members of the clan include battlemage Jacque and his mate Nahuatl, a horticulturist; courier Obie; hunters Idunn and Vashti; and head engineer Arwenna.
The Hivernal Storm Clan is a group of nomads who originated in the Lightning Flight. Scientists, explorers, engineers and experimental mages, they're seeking knowledge in the corners of the world. Whenever they move to another flight, a new dragon becomes clan leader, one who was raised in the ways of that Flight.

Recently, they've moved from Shadow to Nature, and are being led by the druidess Shodan and her mate Kintsukuroi. Other prominent members of the clan include battlemage Jacque and his mate Nahuatl, a horticulturist; courier Obie; hunters Idunn and Vashti; and head engineer Arwenna.
tumblr_inline_pa2yqg5zHz1rvb92q_540.png
Theres so many good beans in here! I really like the Inn idea/lore because I can imagine how pretty everything must look. What's really complex decoration-

Always a fan of borderlands!

I like the fact they are moved from Shadow to Nature. Like physically showing it in your dragons must take time but sound extremely rewarding.
Theres so many good beans in here! I really like the Inn idea/lore because I can imagine how pretty everything must look. What's really complex decoration-

Always a fan of borderlands!

I like the fact they are moved from Shadow to Nature. Like physically showing it in your dragons must take time but sound extremely rewarding.
An interesting idea, naming dragons of diseases. I have seen it before, but I don't think I've ever seen someone include mental illness before. Most people go with things like Typhys or Cholera, or Pox, Bubo, etc, but an sick brain is no different from a sick gut or lung. It is an organ, afflicted like any other, but perhaps only afflicted with itself at times.

My clan is a settlement built in the remnants of an old world quarry. At some point in its distant history, the Granite that made up the Quarry stopped being the most valuable thing down there. The people who dug the Quarry, the Precursors as I call them, discovered something down there, but the Precursors were doomed to disappear at the end of the Second Era, leaving the Quarry abandoned, or so it was thought. There are rumors of pale, eyeless, bipedal creatures down there that stink of rot and sound of bats. Those are, of course, just a myth. Right?

My clan was refugees when they found the Quarry, sunk beneath millennia of rainfall and runoff. They drained the Quarry looking for valuables like scrap metal or granite blocks ready for transport. They found a home in the vestiges of the old world. Eventually, the Quarry became a central trading and educational hub for the region even. The sciences, arts, and magics flourished.

A thriving population sprung up in and around the clan. Dragons would come together all over the region in a common cause, to bring order to the chaos. This militia originated with the defeat of an Emperor long ago. For decades, the Militia went to the aid of any who needed them, but sometimes, bad blood can't be forgotten with good camaraderie. In time, feuds reignited, Dragons forgot what dangers lurked out there, and the clans forged their own paths. Some old members of the Militia still go to the aid of others, but they are a dying breed.

Beneath the clan, the dragons found old machines, remains, and valuable crystals. The Granite too, deeper in the ground, exposed to an upwelling of Arcane energy over centuries, has seen a metamorphosis, turning a shade of pink due to the introduction of Arcane crystal into their structure. Using old magic and old science, the clan revived an old reactor from the past and powered great electrical lights and machines, fueled by ambient energy and the abundant magic crystals (including Sacridite) found beneath the clan.

As was the fate of the Old Ones, the dragons of the clan were unprepared for the disaster that befell them. An interloper, unaware or uncaring of the lives of the clan members, would use the Reactor's immense power to carry themselves and others into another world, plunging the Quarry into chaos. The meltdown produced a fissure in space itself, allowing exotic magic, particles, and spirits into the clan. The climate became erratic, animals as well, magic became wild, and a flood of spirits both dark and not threatened anarchy in the clan.

This was a beginning to an end of an era for the Quarry. Its hubris, its reliance on sciences that had destroyed great civilizations, had nearly destroyed them too. It was humbling, in a way. With the coming of the Bounty of the Elements came a reprieve. Before, magic flowed only in one direction, through the rift and into the clan's bowels. With the Bounty, an equilibrium was matched, and magic could flow in either direction. Using this opportunity, the clan's mages stitched the Breach together from the inside out, sealing it, hopefully for good. Though the Veil is frayed, it is intact now. Spirits and magic may press through, and magic may be a bit more wild, but life could return to some semblance of normality.

Humbled by those events, the clan forsook its electric lights and machines, opting for a magic of more familiar origin. Magic of dragons, not cursed to doom its users for arrogance to seek creation. From that day on, the clan became something old, and something new, a blend of magics and sciences.

Just a quick summary of my clan's history. Go ahead and read any of my dragons' bios. They each have one, and some of them have a lot more than that.
An interesting idea, naming dragons of diseases. I have seen it before, but I don't think I've ever seen someone include mental illness before. Most people go with things like Typhys or Cholera, or Pox, Bubo, etc, but an sick brain is no different from a sick gut or lung. It is an organ, afflicted like any other, but perhaps only afflicted with itself at times.

My clan is a settlement built in the remnants of an old world quarry. At some point in its distant history, the Granite that made up the Quarry stopped being the most valuable thing down there. The people who dug the Quarry, the Precursors as I call them, discovered something down there, but the Precursors were doomed to disappear at the end of the Second Era, leaving the Quarry abandoned, or so it was thought. There are rumors of pale, eyeless, bipedal creatures down there that stink of rot and sound of bats. Those are, of course, just a myth. Right?

My clan was refugees when they found the Quarry, sunk beneath millennia of rainfall and runoff. They drained the Quarry looking for valuables like scrap metal or granite blocks ready for transport. They found a home in the vestiges of the old world. Eventually, the Quarry became a central trading and educational hub for the region even. The sciences, arts, and magics flourished.

A thriving population sprung up in and around the clan. Dragons would come together all over the region in a common cause, to bring order to the chaos. This militia originated with the defeat of an Emperor long ago. For decades, the Militia went to the aid of any who needed them, but sometimes, bad blood can't be forgotten with good camaraderie. In time, feuds reignited, Dragons forgot what dangers lurked out there, and the clans forged their own paths. Some old members of the Militia still go to the aid of others, but they are a dying breed.

Beneath the clan, the dragons found old machines, remains, and valuable crystals. The Granite too, deeper in the ground, exposed to an upwelling of Arcane energy over centuries, has seen a metamorphosis, turning a shade of pink due to the introduction of Arcane crystal into their structure. Using old magic and old science, the clan revived an old reactor from the past and powered great electrical lights and machines, fueled by ambient energy and the abundant magic crystals (including Sacridite) found beneath the clan.

As was the fate of the Old Ones, the dragons of the clan were unprepared for the disaster that befell them. An interloper, unaware or uncaring of the lives of the clan members, would use the Reactor's immense power to carry themselves and others into another world, plunging the Quarry into chaos. The meltdown produced a fissure in space itself, allowing exotic magic, particles, and spirits into the clan. The climate became erratic, animals as well, magic became wild, and a flood of spirits both dark and not threatened anarchy in the clan.

This was a beginning to an end of an era for the Quarry. Its hubris, its reliance on sciences that had destroyed great civilizations, had nearly destroyed them too. It was humbling, in a way. With the coming of the Bounty of the Elements came a reprieve. Before, magic flowed only in one direction, through the rift and into the clan's bowels. With the Bounty, an equilibrium was matched, and magic could flow in either direction. Using this opportunity, the clan's mages stitched the Breach together from the inside out, sealing it, hopefully for good. Though the Veil is frayed, it is intact now. Spirits and magic may press through, and magic may be a bit more wild, but life could return to some semblance of normality.

Humbled by those events, the clan forsook its electric lights and machines, opting for a magic of more familiar origin. Magic of dragons, not cursed to doom its users for arrogance to seek creation. From that day on, the clan became something old, and something new, a blend of magics and sciences.

Just a quick summary of my clan's history. Go ahead and read any of my dragons' bios. They each have one, and some of them have a lot more than that.
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
oh yours is so organized with each dragon having a concept :”0

mine is about a cult religious group on the run for certain Forbidden Crimes they committed. i wanted an excuse to move flights a lot, so i put them on a steampunk/magic floating island (yeah, i am originally from arcane, why do you ask... >_> )

they believe enlightenment is achieved through battle and imperials/emperors are the true enlightened form ;D which has resulted in some awkward encounters with actual imps...!
oh yours is so organized with each dragon having a concept :”0

mine is about a cult religious group on the run for certain Forbidden Crimes they committed. i wanted an excuse to move flights a lot, so i put them on a steampunk/magic floating island (yeah, i am originally from arcane, why do you ask... >_> )

they believe enlightenment is achieved through battle and imperials/emperors are the true enlightened form ;D which has resulted in some awkward encounters with actual imps...!
862.png 863.png

864.png 865.png
I really need to hash it out more, but the gist of it is that my clan are Storykeepers. They collect memories, experiences, histories, tales, etc. from all over Sornieth and keep them alive in a secret library, or occasionally crafting enchanted lanterns holding these stories that allow them to be retold as they were originally captured. Their only criteria is that it is a story that wants to be remembered.
I really need to hash it out more, but the gist of it is that my clan are Storykeepers. They collect memories, experiences, histories, tales, etc. from all over Sornieth and keep them alive in a secret library, or occasionally crafting enchanted lanterns holding these stories that allow them to be retold as they were originally captured. Their only criteria is that it is a story that wants to be remembered.
je67dzK.gifgLbSZXW.gif59TgHaL.png
1 2