Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | (Lack of) Sexual Dimorphism in Dragons
1 2 3 4
[quote name="vihuff" date="2020-01-24 17:27:02" ] Same way animals do. Smell, pheromones, etc. [/quote] Yeah It's got to be smell. Something all modern dragon breeds have. And then of course if you consider your dragons more human than beast then it's just blind. Or magic.
vihuff wrote on 2020-01-24 17:27:02:
Same way animals do. Smell, pheromones, etc.

Yeah It's got to be smell. Something all modern dragon breeds have. And then of course if you consider your dragons more human than beast then it's just blind. Or magic.
dR1OCbi.png
[quote name="AshRiot" date="2020-01-25 02:53:33" ] [quote name="vihuff" date="2020-01-24 17:27:02" ] Same way animals do. Smell, pheromones, etc. [/quote] Yeah It's got to be smell. Something all modern dragon breeds have. And then of course if you consider your dragons more human than beast then it's just blind. Or magic. [/quote] Some women can recognize men by pheromones, even if we have a better developed sense of vision. It's quite rare, but not impossible. I bet it could be both? If someone wants to humanize their dragons they could still use this for lore: dragons who haven't lost the ability to sense pheromones! This thread actually gave me a lot of ideas, I'll go write something down
AshRiot wrote on 2020-01-25 02:53:33:
vihuff wrote on 2020-01-24 17:27:02:
Same way animals do. Smell, pheromones, etc.

Yeah It's got to be smell. Something all modern dragon breeds have. And then of course if you consider your dragons more human than beast then it's just blind. Or magic.

Some women can recognize men by pheromones, even if we have a better developed sense of vision. It's quite rare, but not impossible.

I bet it could be both? If someone wants to humanize their dragons they could still use this for lore: dragons who haven't lost the ability to sense pheromones!
This thread actually gave me a lot of ideas, I'll go write something down
Ani227MS5.gif
Ani359MS5.gif
ssss
KS2Azyk.jpg
sss
probably smell, their voices and body language. I have 3 cats 2 of them are female and 1 is male. The male has a really low and raspy voice while the 2 females have a very soft and high pitched voice. The females move a lot differently than the male as it looks like the male really doesnt care about how he walks while the 2 females walk very carefully and softly without making any sound.

So maybe dragons do the same? I feel like female mirrors would be more stealthy and silent while the males would just attack the target. Oh and also looks since female wcs are a bit bigger than the males, same with imps and guardians obviously have beards
probably smell, their voices and body language. I have 3 cats 2 of them are female and 1 is male. The male has a really low and raspy voice while the 2 females have a very soft and high pitched voice. The females move a lot differently than the male as it looks like the male really doesnt care about how he walks while the 2 females walk very carefully and softly without making any sound.

So maybe dragons do the same? I feel like female mirrors would be more stealthy and silent while the males would just attack the target. Oh and also looks since female wcs are a bit bigger than the males, same with imps and guardians obviously have beards
akueye3.png
[quote name="ThanosBottomText" date="2020-01-25 04:36:41" ] So maybe dragons do the same? I feel like female mirrors would be more stealthy and silent while the males would just attack the target. [/quote] Haha I think the opposite on that one. Considering the poses I see females being shrieking berserkers. [item=berserker] :x
ThanosBottomText wrote on 2020-01-25 04:36:41:
So maybe dragons do the same? I feel like female mirrors would be more stealthy and silent while the males would just attack the target.

Haha I think the opposite on that one. Considering the poses I see females being shrieking berserkers.

Berserker
:x
A1R5LmJ.png zxIefB3.png
[quote name="Spineshatter" date="2020-01-25 04:50:52" ] [quote name="ThanosBottomText" date="2020-01-25 04:36:41" ] So maybe dragons do the same? I feel like female mirrors would be more stealthy and silent while the males would just attack the target. [/quote] Haha I think the opposite on that one. Considering the poses I see females being shrieking berserkers. [item=berserker] :x [/quote] I always imagined them hiding in like a tree or behind something and then out of nowhere they'd launch theirselves at their opponent and that's where the female pose came from haha
Spineshatter wrote on 2020-01-25 04:50:52:
ThanosBottomText wrote on 2020-01-25 04:36:41:
So maybe dragons do the same? I feel like female mirrors would be more stealthy and silent while the males would just attack the target.

Haha I think the opposite on that one. Considering the poses I see females being shrieking berserkers.

Berserker
:x
I always imagined them hiding in like a tree or behind something and then out of nowhere they'd launch theirselves at their opponent and that's where the female pose came from haha
akueye3.png
1 2 3 4