Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Colors and Genes You Won't Touch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
there's literally only one dragon I've ever seen with contour where it was decent and it was a dragon that was meant to look like a hose. No contour allowed
there's literally only one dragon I've ever seen with contour where it was decent and it was a dragon that was meant to look like a hose. No contour allowed
bogsneaks are the best breed
Colors: meh, I don't have any one I dislike overall
Genes: gembond could die in a fiery pit and I wouldn't care
Colors: meh, I don't have any one I dislike overall
Genes: gembond could die in a fiery pit and I wouldn't care
zXxPZyW.pngh9eGKnU.pngSkLRWkr.png
Anything from Blush to Pearl range.

Lace is terrible and can get out.
Anything from Blush to Pearl range.

Lace is terrible and can get out.
Fade/Blend, crackle, smirch, gembond, lace and ringlets could be deleted from the site and I would not care one bit. The singular exception is Blend because I have one gene project that uses it, and even then it's just because it's cheap.
Fade/Blend, crackle, smirch, gembond, lace and ringlets could be deleted from the site and I would not care one bit. The singular exception is Blend because I have one gene project that uses it, and even then it's just because it's cheap.
shadostam.gif
HQsa6bD.pngxvCXjXc.png
- She/They
- FR+4:00
- I hoard shadow-themed items!

- Don't be afraid to ping me a lot
- Sorry if my grammar is weird, english is my second language!
- You can call me Pituka, Pit or RGB!
Colors? Lapis and Goldenrod. Lapis gets a yellow accent color with most genes, which I despise. The color on its own is fine, but that yellow does not mix well. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=148&bodygene=19&breed=2&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=37&tertgene=0&winggene=23&wings=148&auth=792ca55c7ca0e17d3012273fe6f0d18e41f40265&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Bleh. As for Goldenrod? Mainly because it always shows up in the worst possible combos. I'm cursed by it. Progen? Goldenrod. Birthday G1? Goldenrod. First hatch of my breeding pair? Goldenrod. Enough alreadyyyy Gene-wise? Laced, Edged, and Smoke. Just don't care for how they look, that's about it.
Colors? Lapis and Goldenrod. Lapis gets a yellow accent color with most genes, which I despise. The color on its own is fine, but that yellow does not mix well.
dragon?age=1&body=148&bodygene=19&breed=2&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=37&tertgene=0&winggene=23&wings=148&auth=792ca55c7ca0e17d3012273fe6f0d18e41f40265&dummyext=prev.png
Bleh.

As for Goldenrod? Mainly because it always shows up in the worst possible combos. I'm cursed by it. Progen? Goldenrod. Birthday G1? Goldenrod. First hatch of my breeding pair? Goldenrod. Enough alreadyyyy

Gene-wise? Laced, Edged, and Smoke. Just don't care for how they look, that's about it.
feraligatr.gifjolt_a_by_gabby_bean-dcxy9v1.gif
I have flight aesthetics; whatever colors I use, it has to match the flight. None of these yellow and blue Arcane dragons or vibrant orange Ice dragons; save for G1s, it has to match to be in my lair.

Genes, heavily dislike those that are too cluttered or cover up important markings on other genes. Those that are enjoyed are genes like Fade/Blend and Slime/Sludge, but the main preference mostly lies in the terts; while I’m fine with most prim/seconds, only Capsule, Stained, Spines, and other subtle terts make an appearance in my lair. Oddly, I dislike Starmap but love Constellation; the first just seems too cluttered when on body, but the second makes the wings look very nice.
I have flight aesthetics; whatever colors I use, it has to match the flight. None of these yellow and blue Arcane dragons or vibrant orange Ice dragons; save for G1s, it has to match to be in my lair.

Genes, heavily dislike those that are too cluttered or cover up important markings on other genes. Those that are enjoyed are genes like Fade/Blend and Slime/Sludge, but the main preference mostly lies in the terts; while I’m fine with most prim/seconds, only Capsule, Stained, Spines, and other subtle terts make an appearance in my lair. Oddly, I dislike Starmap but love Constellation; the first just seems too cluttered when on body, but the second makes the wings look very nice.
no pinks in this town. no copper, metals, lapis, tarnish, nightshade, cyan, seafoam, or orchid. no crystal/facet, vipera/hypnotic, no lace tert, no gembond, no gaolers. i'm not a fan i've seen crackle and ringlets work on dragons, i've got a couple old favourites that wouldn't be the same without them, so i'm open to those edit: [quote name="Azimyth" date="2020-01-02 08:26:44" ] Oddly, I dislike Starmap but love Constellation; the first just seems too cluttered when on body, but the second makes the wings look very nice. [/quote] oh SAME.
no pinks in this town. no copper, metals, lapis, tarnish, nightshade, cyan, seafoam, or orchid. no crystal/facet, vipera/hypnotic, no lace tert, no gembond, no gaolers. i'm not a fan

i've seen crackle and ringlets work on dragons, i've got a couple old favourites that wouldn't be the same without them, so i'm open to those

edit:
Azimyth wrote on 2020-01-02 08:26:44:
Oddly, I dislike Starmap but love Constellation; the first just seems too cluttered when on body, but the second makes the wings look very nice.
oh SAME.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sailor
she/he
milkchai-cacat.png
I really dislike Laced and Edged because small, repetitive patterns just don't look good to me. Jaguar and Rosette aren't exempt from this either but because they don't have the contrasting light and dark colors right next to each other, sometimes look okay, which is more than Laced/Edged can say.

Hypnotic has never looked good and Seraph is very situational. Even if they did look good, something else would be better.
Same goes for Ringlets and Smirch. I don't like Ringlets because I dislike very "inorganic" genes (especially ones that also just look bad, which is why Circuit is okay), and Smirch ignores the contours of the body and that's a huge no from me.
Crackle is generally just not great and gembond looks way too flat, especially now that there are more three-dimensional genes than there were before. If they made it shinier it might be better.
Plumage is kind of ugly and looks out of place.

I have little color preference. If a color looks bad with one gene, chances are it will look okay with another, as long as it's not one of the above.
I really dislike Laced and Edged because small, repetitive patterns just don't look good to me. Jaguar and Rosette aren't exempt from this either but because they don't have the contrasting light and dark colors right next to each other, sometimes look okay, which is more than Laced/Edged can say.

Hypnotic has never looked good and Seraph is very situational. Even if they did look good, something else would be better.
Same goes for Ringlets and Smirch. I don't like Ringlets because I dislike very "inorganic" genes (especially ones that also just look bad, which is why Circuit is okay), and Smirch ignores the contours of the body and that's a huge no from me.
Crackle is generally just not great and gembond looks way too flat, especially now that there are more three-dimensional genes than there were before. If they made it shinier it might be better.
Plumage is kind of ugly and looks out of place.

I have little color preference. If a color looks bad with one gene, chances are it will look okay with another, as long as it's not one of the above.
wmI4zZE.png
@LordJeanliness You caught me. I can't even defend myself on that because her stripes really do match that image. For the longest time I just thought it was cyan or robin's egg, but nope. They're not quite either of those. I suppose I'll just have to say she's my exception. I like the way the neon blue compliments her primary azure blue. [emoji=guardian tongue size=1]
@LordJeanliness

You caught me. I can't even defend myself on that because her stripes really do match that image. For the longest time I just thought it was cyan or robin's egg, but nope. They're not quite either of those. I suppose I'll just have to say she's my exception. I like the way the neon blue compliments her primary azure blue.
Bulldog | They/Them | Aromantic + Asexual | +2 hrs
i'm currently on a quest to have every color/genes represented in my lair.
i'm currently on a quest to have every color/genes represented in my lair.
neutralh5.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10