Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Thoughts on Bred G1s
1 2 3 4
Have you ever been so excited to finally find a G1 that will work with an accent you’ve been hoarding that you snatch it up right away, not really paying full attention to its offspring list? Then, when you spend a week in the fairgrounds to gene it up, sell that last ice egg you were hoarding to fund his rainbow scarf, and then move him to your front page to realize.... Wait, what’s this? *gasp* No.... He has babies?! And one has no name?! [emoji=guardian scared size=1] No, no, NOOO! So I clicked on his unnamed baby, found it was for sale and snatched it up quick and in a hurry to name it. It doesn’t have bad colors with the right genes and accent, so I guess I could keep it just for the heck of it... make it a whole lore thing or whatever. I know G1s only really have value if someone buys them, and since I didn’t have plans to resell him, it shouldn’t matter. But a part of me is still bummed. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I don’t want to be alone in my negligence. Lol! ^^;
Have you ever been so excited to finally find a G1 that will work with an accent you’ve been hoarding that you snatch it up right away, not really paying full attention to its offspring list? Then, when you spend a week in the fairgrounds to gene it up, sell that last ice egg you were hoarding to fund his rainbow scarf, and then move him to your front page to realize.... Wait, what’s this? *gasp* No.... He has babies?! And one has no name?! No, no, NOOO!

So I clicked on his unnamed baby, found it was for sale and snatched it up quick and in a hurry to name it. It doesn’t have bad colors with the right genes and accent, so I guess I could keep it just for the heck of it... make it a whole lore thing or whatever. I know G1s only really have value if someone buys them, and since I didn’t have plans to resell him, it shouldn’t matter. But a part of me is still bummed.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I don’t want to be alone in my negligence. Lol! ^^;
6wR17En.png
As long as the list looks neat to me, I don't really care, I'll just stick it to the lair tab instead of den and breed it for fodder with some other dragon I have. Tbh, most of my g1s are bred as I don't plan to resell them.
As long as the list looks neat to me, I don't really care, I'll just stick it to the lair tab instead of den and breed it for fodder with some other dragon I have. Tbh, most of my g1s are bred as I don't plan to resell them.
I have accidentally purchased G1s with offspring in the past, but nowadays I always make sure to check before I buy. XD
I have accidentally purchased G1s with offspring in the past, but nowadays I always make sure to check before I buy. XD
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
If you didn't notice for a whole week does it really matter? :D

It doesn't bother us. If we found an otherwise perfect dragon at a reasonable price we'd buy it even if it was bred. If we had a choice of two and one was unbred we'd probably lean towards that one though.
If you didn't notice for a whole week does it really matter? :D

It doesn't bother us. If we found an otherwise perfect dragon at a reasonable price we'd buy it even if it was bred. If we had a choice of two and one was unbred we'd probably lean towards that one though.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Personally, don't like to breed my g1s...

If I find a really nice one someday and it has named offspring, sure, I'll buy it.

And it doesn't bother me to see others breed their g1s either-- especially if they have really neat kids!
Personally, don't like to breed my g1s...

If I find a really nice one someday and it has named offspring, sure, I'll buy it.

And it doesn't bother me to see others breed their g1s either-- especially if they have really neat kids!
____________ iS24ah4.png
» roule | he / they • +0 fr time «
g1 collector • pixel artist
feel free to PM me about anything!

mediocre pixels (closed)
wishlist
551Emv8.png
Who cares if they're bred? The way I see it, if someone's only goal is to eventually get a lot of money for a g1, they're not actually interested in the dragon itself and could easily pick up a g1 in any other nice color set that hasn't got babies. If they actually want and intend to keep the dragon, eventual resale value shouldn't matter much, so what's it matter if it's got kids? It's like action figures, to me.
Who cares if they're bred? The way I see it, if someone's only goal is to eventually get a lot of money for a g1, they're not actually interested in the dragon itself and could easily pick up a g1 in any other nice color set that hasn't got babies. If they actually want and intend to keep the dragon, eventual resale value shouldn't matter much, so what's it matter if it's got kids? It's like action figures, to me.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
i usually don't breed mine, but i've done so in the past, and will probably breed more in the future. i usually only breed dragons who have some kind of lore reason to be bred, and i guess with my g1s i just. don't seem to have them have partners a lot of the time, i guess.
i usually don't breed mine, but i've done so in the past, and will probably breed more in the future. i usually only breed dragons who have some kind of lore reason to be bred, and i guess with my g1s i just. don't seem to have them have partners a lot of the time, i guess.
fMy4Ig7.png
depends tbh
but if it's not long enough that u gotta scroll down for the rest of their kids, i will cringe and stare at it in disgust
depends tbh
but if it's not long enough that u gotta scroll down for the rest of their kids, i will cringe and stare at it in disgust
21402.png x [ alastrcs. ]

fish around find trout
any pronouns! pts for creativity
fr+15 timezone
I breed mine, sometimes in very far ranges on purpose for the hope of seeing a nice unexpected kiddo, it feels sweet to be lucky when you finally get one.
For example i bred a fern auburn buttercup g1 gal(she's no longer those colors cuz i scattered her right after the nest hatched so she is now shadow lapis splash) with a cerise caribbean cerise g1 boi and the nest hatched today
and a copper peach peach and a fire fire cherry popped out, it felt incredible to me because now i have two pretty children i never would have gotten otherwise.

So to be shorter, I don't mind children from g1s, i just prefer them to be named. I kindof wanna get a few g1s with 100+ kids each like my progens. It's fun to look through the children every now and then too!
I breed mine, sometimes in very far ranges on purpose for the hope of seeing a nice unexpected kiddo, it feels sweet to be lucky when you finally get one.
For example i bred a fern auburn buttercup g1 gal(she's no longer those colors cuz i scattered her right after the nest hatched so she is now shadow lapis splash) with a cerise caribbean cerise g1 boi and the nest hatched today
and a copper peach peach and a fire fire cherry popped out, it felt incredible to me because now i have two pretty children i never would have gotten otherwise.

So to be shorter, I don't mind children from g1s, i just prefer them to be named. I kindof wanna get a few g1s with 100+ kids each like my progens. It's fun to look through the children every now and then too!
no, just like to me it doesn't matter if he's a g1. he fits the accent, that's all that matters.
no, just like to me it doesn't matter if he's a g1. he fits the accent, that's all that matters.
1 2 3 4