Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | loan businesses/banks?
1 2
[quote name="HollowKnight" date="2019-11-05 13:48:05" ] [quote name="Lonin" date="2019-11-05 12:09:12" ] A few people have tried but it's not a great idea so they're never very successful. You don't really need loans in this game. Most sellers of expensive items would be willing to work with a reasonable buyer and anything cheap you shouldn't need a loan for. [/quote] But there are still things like buying nests, lair expansions, etc. that you can't use dragons and items to buy without a ton of work through finding a way to sell them for a decent price. There's also things like starting an XXX hatchery, for example, where it can take a lot of money to get a pair, but once you get going you can make enough to pay it off pretty quickly sometimes. (I'm not suggesting it's necessarily a great idea, but it seems feasible enough that I'm surprised there aren't at least a few, given the variety of services you can find on FR) [/quote] nest unlocks are relatively cheap? play G&G for a few days and boom, ya done. G&G has a usermade guide that tells you how to win so i don't really think a lending service is really necessary even if you don't fodder train. nothing on FR really has a time limit, even expensive items and UMAs players seem to be willing to do payment plans. i feel like a lending service for money would just end up with a lot of scammed individuals. ):
HollowKnight wrote on 2019-11-05 13:48:05:
Lonin wrote on 2019-11-05 12:09:12:
A few people have tried but it's not a great idea so they're never very successful.
You don't really need loans in this game. Most sellers of expensive items would be willing to work with a reasonable buyer and anything cheap you shouldn't need a loan for.
But there are still things like buying nests, lair expansions, etc. that you can't use dragons and items to buy without a ton of work through finding a way to sell them for a decent price.

There's also things like starting an XXX hatchery, for example, where it can take a lot of money to get a pair, but once you get going you can make enough to pay it off pretty quickly sometimes.

(I'm not suggesting it's necessarily a great idea, but it seems feasible enough that I'm surprised there aren't at least a few, given the variety of services you can find on FR)
nest unlocks are relatively cheap? play G&G for a few days and boom, ya done. G&G has a usermade guide that tells you how to win so i don't really think a lending service is really necessary even if you don't fodder train.

nothing on FR really has a time limit, even expensive items and UMAs players seem to be willing to do payment plans. i feel like a lending service for money would just end up with a lot of scammed individuals. ):
42978694_MHOUAk0oybKLsTZ.png
The problem of loan/banking with other users is lack of insurance.
Flight Rising does not guarantee any trades with any users, especially lending (familiars, dragons, or currency).

To ask someone for those things, you'd have to have reasonable collateral, at which point any of the possible can happen;
  • the user can run off with the cash - the lender is unhappy
  • the lender can keep the collateral - the user is unhappy
  • the lender has to sell the collateral to make up for the money lent and lost which is a huge pain and time consuming when they had liquid currency to begin with
  • the user has to pay back more than they owe because of interest which could have been avoided if they simply waited

It's easier for every party to work for themselves rather than rely on a service without insurance.
The problem of loan/banking with other users is lack of insurance.
Flight Rising does not guarantee any trades with any users, especially lending (familiars, dragons, or currency).

To ask someone for those things, you'd have to have reasonable collateral, at which point any of the possible can happen;
  • the user can run off with the cash - the lender is unhappy
  • the lender can keep the collateral - the user is unhappy
  • the lender has to sell the collateral to make up for the money lent and lost which is a huge pain and time consuming when they had liquid currency to begin with
  • the user has to pay back more than they owe because of interest which could have been avoided if they simply waited

It's easier for every party to work for themselves rather than rely on a service without insurance.
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
[quote name="HollowKnight" date="2019-11-05 13:48:05" ] But there are still things like buying nests, lair expansions, etc. that you can't use dragons and items to buy without a ton of work through finding a way to sell them for a decent price. There's also things like starting an XXX hatchery, for example, where it can take a lot of money to get a pair, but once you get going you can make enough to pay it off pretty quickly sometimes. (I'm not suggesting it's necessarily a great idea, but it seems feasible enough that I'm surprised there aren't at least a few, given the variety of services you can find on FR) [/quote] The cost of nests and lair expansions are static though, so there's no need for you to have the money to expand immediately unless you've been poorly planning or neglecting your hibernal den. It's not like you'll risk saving up and the price has doubled or someone has already bought it out from under you. As for triples, a loan for a hatchery so you can make money would be a terrible idea. Most triples are generally fodder price on the AH which means you'll both be able to afford them easily and won't make much profit. For expensive triples the seller would probably be willing to hold the dragon or offer a discount for a serious buyer because those things are not easy to sell for loads. The main issue as people have already said is insurance. It's a terrible deal for the lender. If someone borrows 1 mil off them and goes inactive or just never pays it back even if the lender reports them for scamming they're still out 1 million treasure. Even in a best case scenario the lender is out a certain amount of money for weeks/months while they wait for someone to pay them back and the interest rate isn't going to make up for what they could have done with that money instead in the same amount of time.
HollowKnight wrote on 2019-11-05 13:48:05:
But there are still things like buying nests, lair expansions, etc. that you can't use dragons and items to buy without a ton of work through finding a way to sell them for a decent price.

There's also things like starting an XXX hatchery, for example, where it can take a lot of money to get a pair, but once you get going you can make enough to pay it off pretty quickly sometimes.

(I'm not suggesting it's necessarily a great idea, but it seems feasible enough that I'm surprised there aren't at least a few, given the variety of services you can find on FR)
The cost of nests and lair expansions are static though, so there's no need for you to have the money to expand immediately unless you've been poorly planning or neglecting your hibernal den. It's not like you'll risk saving up and the price has doubled or someone has already bought it out from under you.

As for triples, a loan for a hatchery so you can make money would be a terrible idea. Most triples are generally fodder price on the AH which means you'll both be able to afford them easily and won't make much profit.
For expensive triples the seller would probably be willing to hold the dragon or offer a discount for a serious buyer because those things are not easy to sell for loads.

The main issue as people have already said is insurance. It's a terrible deal for the lender. If someone borrows 1 mil off them and goes inactive or just never pays it back even if the lender reports them for scamming they're still out 1 million treasure.
Even in a best case scenario the lender is out a certain amount of money for weeks/months while they wait for someone to pay them back and the interest rate isn't going to make up for what they could have done with that money instead in the same amount of time.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
1 2