Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Thoughts on “the new” FR
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Imo ancient breeds are a good compromise to realease new breeds more often without all the work in redrawing tons of apparel and I'm not bothered by apparel updates (and this one I don't consider an recolour update, it's just the part 2 of a new set).

Honestly I don't think we'll be seeing many new game mechanics until the site revamp is over, as this is the main focus right now. I seriously hope after this is done they focus on making new activities to keep us interested, but for the time being I'm cool
Imo ancient breeds are a good compromise to realease new breeds more often without all the work in redrawing tons of apparel and I'm not bothered by apparel updates (and this one I don't consider an recolour update, it's just the part 2 of a new set).

Honestly I don't think we'll be seeing many new game mechanics until the site revamp is over, as this is the main focus right now. I seriously hope after this is done they focus on making new activities to keep us interested, but for the time being I'm cool
VjNtJfw.png
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2019-07-09 11:39:35" ] FR is getting boring, now. Outside of the coli, we still have nothing of substance to occupy ourselves, so if you don't like the coli, you're kinda out of luck. All of these apparel updates could easily have been one update - splitting updates in two doesn't give us more real content. Gathering hasn't had anything of substance added in eons. Festivals have little unique things to them, now, and after years on the site, they just feel stale. I don't know. It's not as fun as it used to be, for sure. [/quote] I also feel the same. And this game is also [i]way too[/i] grindy. It's something I've hated since the very beginning. Need fun ways to make lots of money. There honestly isn't any.
Corviknight wrote on 2019-07-09 11:39:35:
FR is getting boring, now.

Outside of the coli, we still have nothing of substance to occupy ourselves, so if you don't like the coli, you're kinda out of luck.

All of these apparel updates could easily have been one update - splitting updates in two doesn't give us more real content.

Gathering hasn't had anything of substance added in eons. Festivals have little unique things to them, now, and after years on the site, they just feel stale.

I don't know. It's not as fun as it used to be, for sure.

I also feel the same. And this game is also way too grindy. It's something I've hated since the very beginning. Need fun ways to make lots of money. There honestly isn't any.
Look, I've only had an account for almost a Year now, but, I have known about this site since... 2015 I have seen a lot of changes, because my sister has been around for a while. Yeah, Gaolers don't have apparel. So what? I definitely agree with what @/Ezekely has to say, dragons don't have to be dressed to be pretty. which is, why I, too love Gaolers. I dress my dragons, yes, but, I'm okay with Ancients not having apparel. Why must someone else's dragons have to have Apparel? Why does everyone have to fit in? Why do all the dragons have to have the option to wear apparel?

We are all lucky we even have all of these things on Flight Rising. We don't have to have apparel, or even a new breed, we don't even have to have Ancients. But, the Flight Rising Team worked hard on letting us have all of these really neat things. Yes, somethings were better in the past. Yes, some recolors aren't the greatest, yes, we have a lot of flower, silk, stuff, but you should be grateful. I would rather have Flight Rising last a lot longer than six years. If we didn't have Ancients, we would have to wait for years to get a breed that wears apparel, or they would push, and possibly have people quitting, because the apparel, and everything is pushing the mods to the max.

I really, really, really disagree with what you have to say. I'm not saying don't speak your mind, but, be courteous towards the Flight Rising team, since they are working hard, to make sure this game runs, and operates properly, they even make sure their players are happy, majority of them anyway. Thank you.
Look, I've only had an account for almost a Year now, but, I have known about this site since... 2015 I have seen a lot of changes, because my sister has been around for a while. Yeah, Gaolers don't have apparel. So what? I definitely agree with what @/Ezekely has to say, dragons don't have to be dressed to be pretty. which is, why I, too love Gaolers. I dress my dragons, yes, but, I'm okay with Ancients not having apparel. Why must someone else's dragons have to have Apparel? Why does everyone have to fit in? Why do all the dragons have to have the option to wear apparel?

We are all lucky we even have all of these things on Flight Rising. We don't have to have apparel, or even a new breed, we don't even have to have Ancients. But, the Flight Rising Team worked hard on letting us have all of these really neat things. Yes, somethings were better in the past. Yes, some recolors aren't the greatest, yes, we have a lot of flower, silk, stuff, but you should be grateful. I would rather have Flight Rising last a lot longer than six years. If we didn't have Ancients, we would have to wait for years to get a breed that wears apparel, or they would push, and possibly have people quitting, because the apparel, and everything is pushing the mods to the max.

I really, really, really disagree with what you have to say. I'm not saying don't speak your mind, but, be courteous towards the Flight Rising team, since they are working hard, to make sure this game runs, and operates properly, they even make sure their players are happy, majority of them anyway. Thank you.
J7D1quC.png
0zy2W7P.png
LEpJMnn.png
jA5A7gu.png
[quote name="Reee" date="2019-07-09 10:05:05" ] personally, I feel like they're just trying their best to make everyone happy. Imagine all the hard work they had to go through in order to come up with the Ancient breed stuff, do all the art, AND keep other updates regularly spaced. If you think the Ancient concept is stupid, just keep in mind that the staff are just trying to cut down on a huge amount of work for themselves. Would you have preferred no new breed for several years, even with the artists working as hard as possible, or a potentially "stupid" route that allowed staff to be less overworked? In other words, this isn't about the implementation of New FR, this is about PEOPLE trying their best to make OTHERS happy. After all, they listen to us. They give us the updates we want. Although it's difficult at times, they do their best, even though it may show in childish storylines, I believe we have to respect them for all that they do for us and this game. After all, we're all people aren't we? [/quote] I agree - if you don't personally like a new thing that gets added, you can simply ignore it. Many of us enjoy the new additions.
Reee wrote on 2019-07-09 10:05:05:
personally, I feel like they're just trying their best to make everyone happy. Imagine all the hard work they had to go through in order to come up with the Ancient breed stuff, do all the art, AND keep other updates regularly spaced. If you think the Ancient concept is stupid, just keep in mind that the staff are just trying to cut down on a huge amount of work for themselves. Would you have preferred no new breed for several years, even with the artists working as hard as possible, or a potentially "stupid" route that allowed staff to be less overworked?

In other words, this isn't about the implementation of New FR, this is about PEOPLE trying their best to make OTHERS happy. After all, they listen to us. They give us the updates we want. Although it's difficult at times, they do their best, even though it may show in childish storylines, I believe we have to respect them for all that they do for us and this game.

After all, we're all people aren't we?
I agree - if you don't personally like a new thing that gets added, you can simply ignore it. Many of us enjoy the new additions.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
I love the new apparel, especially since there is now a non-gem version of rainbow apparel, and I do appreciate all the new qol little fixes.

Most of the changes have been great. HD has let me start buying perma dragons again. I understand why many people were upset about the eye thing, but once we could revert to common it didn't bother me that much, and I think they've done their best to accommodate everyone as much as could reasonably be expected.

I understand the reasoning behind the implementation of the gaolers, and I enjoy the lore and design, but most of my favorite genes aren't available on gaolers, so I have little interest in them, though I do like several of the breed exclusive ones. It normally wouldn't bother me too much, as I could just use apparel, but they can't wear them either, and I've never been into UMAs.

But things have to change and grow in order to survive, and I'm happy for the people that still find enjoyment in them, and self-aware enough to understand my lack of enjoyment doesn't mean no one should enjoy the new updates.

My general displeasure stems not from the game itself, or any of the design choices, but from certain aspects of the community, and FR's response to them.
I love the new apparel, especially since there is now a non-gem version of rainbow apparel, and I do appreciate all the new qol little fixes.

Most of the changes have been great. HD has let me start buying perma dragons again. I understand why many people were upset about the eye thing, but once we could revert to common it didn't bother me that much, and I think they've done their best to accommodate everyone as much as could reasonably be expected.

I understand the reasoning behind the implementation of the gaolers, and I enjoy the lore and design, but most of my favorite genes aren't available on gaolers, so I have little interest in them, though I do like several of the breed exclusive ones. It normally wouldn't bother me too much, as I could just use apparel, but they can't wear them either, and I've never been into UMAs.

But things have to change and grow in order to survive, and I'm happy for the people that still find enjoyment in them, and self-aware enough to understand my lack of enjoyment doesn't mean no one should enjoy the new updates.

My general displeasure stems not from the game itself, or any of the design choices, but from certain aspects of the community, and FR's response to them.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2019-07-09 11:39:35" ] FR is getting boring, now. Outside of the coli, we still have nothing of substance to occupy ourselves, so if you don't like the coli, you're kinda out of luck. All of these apparel updates could easily have been one update - splitting updates in two doesn't give us more real content. Gathering hasn't had anything of substance added in eons. Festivals have little unique things to them, now, and after years on the site, they just feel stale. I don't know. It's not as fun as it used to be, for sure. [/quote] Yeah if anything it's just more and more apparent that we are not getting anything conceptually new Great another dragon species only more restricted Great some qol updates, they were sorely needed but still nothing new More apparel okay that's also not a new concept Festivals roll on as usual Cap to Baldwin raised but no new recipes for max level I think at this point adventure mode is obviously dead and I'm not sure if I see any new features down the line (the only other new thing we know of is map revamp and I don't think that comes with any new gameplay features) Oh and as for the more unique stuff recently there's been one super polarizing eye update and roundsey was also polarizing. I think hibernal den went over relatively well. But they're not really new things to do on site unless I guess you count 'trying to earn money for tickets' a new thing to do

Outside of the coli, we still have nothing of substance to occupy ourselves, so if you don't like the coli, you're kinda out of luck.

All of these apparel updates could easily have been one update - splitting updates in two doesn't give us more real content.

Gathering hasn't had anything of substance added in eons. Festivals have little unique things to them, now, and after years on the site, they just feel stale.

Yeah if anything it's just more and more apparent that we are not getting anything conceptually new

Great another dragon species only more restricted
Great some qol updates, they were sorely needed but still nothing new
More apparel okay that's also not a new concept
Festivals roll on as usual
Cap to Baldwin raised but no new recipes for max level

I think at this point adventure mode is obviously dead and I'm not sure if I see any new features down the line (the only other new thing we know of is map revamp and I don't think that comes with any new gameplay features)

Oh and as for the more unique stuff recently there's been one super polarizing eye update and roundsey was also polarizing. I think hibernal den went over relatively well. But they're not really new things to do on site unless I guess you count 'trying to earn money for tickets' a new thing to do
tastefulmarketing.gif
[quote name="Reee" date="2019-07-09 10:05:05" ] personally, I feel like they're just trying their best to make everyone happy. Imagine all the hard work they had to go through in order to come up with the Ancient breed stuff, do all the art, AND keep other updates regularly spaced. If you think the Ancient concept is stupid, just keep in mind that the staff are just trying to cut down on a huge amount of work for themselves. Would you have preferred no new breed for several years, even with the artists working as hard as possible, or a potentially "stupid" route that allowed staff to be less overworked? In other words, this isn't about the implementation of New FR, this is about PEOPLE trying their best to make OTHERS happy. After all, they listen to us. They give us the updates we want. Although it's difficult at times, they do their best, even though it may show in childish storylines, I believe we have to respect them for all that they do for us and this game. After all, we're all people aren't we? [/quote] And, truthfully, I love the gaos and am really looking forward to the next ancient.
Reee wrote on 2019-07-09 10:05:05:
personally, I feel like they're just trying their best to make everyone happy. Imagine all the hard work they had to go through in order to come up with the Ancient breed stuff, do all the art, AND keep other updates regularly spaced. If you think the Ancient concept is stupid, just keep in mind that the staff are just trying to cut down on a huge amount of work for themselves. Would you have preferred no new breed for several years, even with the artists working as hard as possible, or a potentially "stupid" route that allowed staff to be less overworked?

In other words, this isn't about the implementation of New FR, this is about PEOPLE trying their best to make OTHERS happy. After all, they listen to us. They give us the updates we want. Although it's difficult at times, they do their best, even though it may show in childish storylines, I believe we have to respect them for all that they do for us and this game.

After all, we're all people aren't we?

And, truthfully, I love the gaos and am really looking forward to the next ancient.
In a world where you can be anything... Be nice.
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2019-07-09 11:39:35" ] FR is getting boring, now. Outside of the coli, we still have nothing of substance to occupy ourselves, so if you don't like the coli, you're kinda out of luck. All of these apparel updates could easily have been one update - splitting updates in two doesn't give us more real content. Gathering hasn't had anything of substance added in eons. Festivals have little unique things to them, now, and after years on the site, they just feel stale. I don't know. It's not as fun as it used to be, for sure. [/quote] Pretty much this. There's literally nothing other than coli. As for the updates i agree. Just like the coli things are getting stale. Everything is pretty and lacey and dainty. No armor, no new unique apparel, just pretty things. While i love pretty things as much as the next person, can we please have armors and more weapons? Weapons is something people have wanted for a long time now, and yet nothing, just more flowers and sparkles. -.-

Pretty much this. There's literally nothing other than coli.

As for the updates i agree. Just like the coli things are getting stale. Everything is pretty and lacey and dainty. No armor, no new unique apparel, just pretty things.
While i love pretty things as much as the next person, can we please have armors and more weapons? Weapons is something people have wanted for a long time now, and yet nothing, just more flowers and sparkles. -.-
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
To be honest, I find the game still fun to play! The thing that makes it a bit annoying to me is A. the constant ignoring of the things we need in the coli, and the design changes that nobody asked for and nobody needed,,
To be honest, I find the game still fun to play! The thing that makes it a bit annoying to me is A. the constant ignoring of the things we need in the coli, and the design changes that nobody asked for and nobody needed,,
7qCl3Ny.png
We've gotten a lot of new content recently. It makes sense that there haven't been entirely new sets lately - I assume the staff have been more focused on stuff like the Gaolers. Imo it's a bit ridiculous to complain about lack of new apparel sets when we just got a breed with an entirely new feature (Ancients), whether or not you like Ancient breeds, especially since this site updates a lot more than most.

If you look at 2019 (And it's barely past halfway through the year), this has been a GREAT year for updates. We've gotten the Lair Revamp/Hibernal Den, Galore, Gaolers, and Emojies and Merchandise. We haven't gotten much new apparel and genes because the staff have been more occupied with all the bigger stuff we've gotten this year, I suspect.
We've gotten a lot of new content recently. It makes sense that there haven't been entirely new sets lately - I assume the staff have been more focused on stuff like the Gaolers. Imo it's a bit ridiculous to complain about lack of new apparel sets when we just got a breed with an entirely new feature (Ancients), whether or not you like Ancient breeds, especially since this site updates a lot more than most.

If you look at 2019 (And it's barely past halfway through the year), this has been a GREAT year for updates. We've gotten the Lair Revamp/Hibernal Den, Galore, Gaolers, and Emojies and Merchandise. We haven't gotten much new apparel and genes because the staff have been more occupied with all the bigger stuff we've gotten this year, I suspect.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11