Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tertiary gene headcanons?
1 2
What are some headcanons you have about tertiary genes? Here's one of mine:

Runes: Dragons with runes can throw balls of energy depending on their element. For example, an arcane dragon will throw balls of magic while a fire dragon will throw fireballs. Glitched dragons can shoot both balls of energy of their element and balls of electricity, this glitched electricity is different from lighting energy in case you were wondering.
What are some headcanons you have about tertiary genes? Here's one of mine:

Runes: Dragons with runes can throw balls of energy depending on their element. For example, an arcane dragon will throw balls of magic while a fire dragon will throw fireballs. Glitched dragons can shoot both balls of energy of their element and balls of electricity, this glitched electricity is different from lighting energy in case you were wondering.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
My tertiary headcanon things are more of a scrapped subspecies thing I just wrapped up into my lore instead. I'll grab it from Therme's bio.

'Obsidian/Obsidian/Gold dragons with the degree of coverage by the tertiary indicating the amount of elemental power one is showing. Simplistic being hints of power, more covering such as runes or glimmer being one controlling the power, and crackle being that one is overflowing with energy to a dangerous degree, possibly risking magically exploding. The massive flux in power having a tendency of pushing ones mentality towards instability.'

Could be used towards not just that color combo I suppose, but that is what was relevant to nearly all my lair at the time.
My tertiary headcanon things are more of a scrapped subspecies thing I just wrapped up into my lore instead. I'll grab it from Therme's bio.

'Obsidian/Obsidian/Gold dragons with the degree of coverage by the tertiary indicating the amount of elemental power one is showing. Simplistic being hints of power, more covering such as runes or glimmer being one controlling the power, and crackle being that one is overflowing with energy to a dangerous degree, possibly risking magically exploding. The massive flux in power having a tendency of pushing ones mentality towards instability.'

Could be used towards not just that color combo I suppose, but that is what was relevant to nearly all my lair at the time.
4QFtgPW.png
runes actually say something
runes actually say something
akueye3.png
i mean,i dont know if you know
but its canon that dragons shoot balls of fire if they're fire
look at the coli
i mean,i dont know if you know
but its canon that dragons shoot balls of fire if they're fire
look at the coli
anniversary_separator.png
Capsule turns the dragon's underbelly transparent but not hollow, like a glass frog, and the liquid inside is some kind of poison.
Capsule turns the dragon's underbelly transparent but not hollow, like a glass frog, and the liquid inside is some kind of poison.
Who can take tomorrow, dip it in a dream, separate the sorrow and collect up all the cream?

The candyman can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good.

ghost for me is just warpaint or tattooing that ties into a lore-based group of warriors in my clan, oop. though i also know some people actually make it something where it's an actual exoskeleton of sorts

runes are carved into the scales/flesh and typically only the most powerful of mages actually have them, as it's a painful process and can have catastrophic consequences if done by an amateur. it's a way to amplify a dragon's innate magical potential but can definitely be dangerous if one goes too far with it. some dragons have runes for protection or other situations, rather than for their own magics, but again, you have to be pretty desperate

gembond/opal are both instances of magic sort of... crystallizing would be the best word, i think? in different ways. i use an ice-colored opal for my one mage who has so much ice magic in his body as a result of an attempt to amplify his abilities that his wounds sorta freeze over, so the opal is like... old wounds/scars.

spines are just a mutation and usually indicate some guardian and/or ridgeback lineage, though it may be traced back through many, many generations. like a ridgeback's larger spines, they can molt/break off and itch when they grow back, though it's nowhere near as awful as the giant ridgie spines.

they can also be venomous, but not always
ghost for me is just warpaint or tattooing that ties into a lore-based group of warriors in my clan, oop. though i also know some people actually make it something where it's an actual exoskeleton of sorts

runes are carved into the scales/flesh and typically only the most powerful of mages actually have them, as it's a painful process and can have catastrophic consequences if done by an amateur. it's a way to amplify a dragon's innate magical potential but can definitely be dangerous if one goes too far with it. some dragons have runes for protection or other situations, rather than for their own magics, but again, you have to be pretty desperate

gembond/opal are both instances of magic sort of... crystallizing would be the best word, i think? in different ways. i use an ice-colored opal for my one mage who has so much ice magic in his body as a result of an attempt to amplify his abilities that his wounds sorta freeze over, so the opal is like... old wounds/scars.

spines are just a mutation and usually indicate some guardian and/or ridgeback lineage, though it may be traced back through many, many generations. like a ridgeback's larger spines, they can molt/break off and itch when they grow back, though it's nowhere near as awful as the giant ridgie spines.

they can also be venomous, but not always
cacophonycat.pngTS75Tst.pngcXuh2a9.gifQPWLGP7.gif
Gembond: Can become malignant and cause extreme pain/irritation, soreness and so on.
Gembond: Can become malignant and cause extreme pain/irritation, soreness and so on.
Firefly are not true fireflies. They are a group of insects consiting of a bunch of species that can be mostly differentiated by colour. These inscts form some sort of symbiotic relationship with dragons.
Drangs with the Firefly gene excrete pheromones that attract one specific species of these insects, and thus, ones of only one certain colour.
Firefly are not true fireflies. They are a group of insects consiting of a bunch of species that can be mostly differentiated by colour. These inscts form some sort of symbiotic relationship with dragons.
Drangs with the Firefly gene excrete pheromones that attract one specific species of these insects, and thus, ones of only one certain colour.
I imagine that for Ghost, the dragon's skeleton has unusually high levels of magic and therefore glows. This is bright enough that their bones can be seen through their skin. (I don't know how much sense that makes but I like the idea of being able to see a dragon's actual skeleton).
I imagine that for Ghost, the dragon's skeleton has unusually high levels of magic and therefore glows. This is bright enough that their bones can be seen through their skin. (I don't know how much sense that makes but I like the idea of being able to see a dragon's actual skeleton).
giphy.gif
@Venosl
I know, but in the coli, they shoot it from their mouths. But in my headcanon, using the runes on their bodies, they shoot it from their hands/claws/talons.
@Venosl
I know, but in the coli, they shoot it from their mouths. But in my headcanon, using the runes on their bodies, they shoot it from their hands/claws/talons.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
1 2