Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Familiar sizes
I suddenly realized this when Crim decided to ask me this familiar and I readt the description: [item= Marshland Poodle Mith] "Mistaken for a Tundra". Then I went to the Wiki and it said: "The average size of a Tundra dragon varies slightly between males and females, with males being larger on average. Male Tundras average at a 3.71 meter length, 3.61 meter wingspan, and a weight of 303.63 kilograms. Females average at a 3.42 meter length, 3.14 meter wingspan, and a weight of 270 kilograms." I get that in the Coli they are about the same size as the dragons - minus bosses, but bosses are supposed to be huge and menacing - but still! This moth is bigger than humans! Then I began to wonder, does this game have faulty sizes kinda like in Pokémon? (For example you would think that a Furret would be small, but NOPE, it's 5'11 aka 1.8 meters tall!) Ooor then I'm over-exaggerating this.
I suddenly realized this when Crim decided to ask me this familiar and I readt the description:

Marshland Poodle Mith

"Mistaken for a Tundra". Then I went to the Wiki and it said:

"The average size of a Tundra dragon varies slightly between males and females, with males being larger on average. Male Tundras average at a 3.71 meter length, 3.61 meter wingspan, and a weight of 303.63 kilograms. Females average at a 3.42 meter length, 3.14 meter wingspan, and a weight of 270 kilograms."

I get that in the Coli they are about the same size as the dragons - minus bosses, but bosses are supposed to be huge and menacing - but still! This moth is bigger than humans!

Then I began to wonder, does this game have faulty sizes kinda like in Pokémon? (For example you would think that a Furret would be small, but NOPE, it's 5'11 aka 1.8 meters tall!) Ooor then I'm over-exaggerating this.
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
Can I just say I relate to that pokemon bit SO MUCH! Like I thought so many pokemon were like kneee-high in height but then I saw the anime and??? But fr now i gotta examine my familiar matches, this is almost as bad as finding out about dragon sizes AFTER you bred that Spiral with that Guardian. *shiver*
Can I just say I relate to that pokemon bit SO MUCH! Like I thought so many pokemon were like kneee-high in height but then I saw the anime and??? But fr now i gotta examine my familiar matches, this is almost as bad as finding out about dragon sizes AFTER you bred that Spiral with that Guardian. *shiver*
I like books, the color yellow, and spaghetti. Starchild125 and o9catgirl are my sisters.

+2 Hours FR Time
Maybe Wartoads are named that because you can ride them to war?

But I think that moth is a beastclan thingie, those should be around human size-ish. It doesn't specify that it looks like an adult tundra, so maybe it could pass for a youth?
Maybe Wartoads are named that because you can ride them to war?

But I think that moth is a beastclan thingie, those should be around human size-ish. It doesn't specify that it looks like an adult tundra, so maybe it could pass for a youth?
66MHIIb.png
I mean, it says it looks like tundra from air, which isn't best thing to compare size to

Sharks for example attack people mostly because they mistake us for seals, and last time i checked human and seal are not exactly same size
I mean, it says it looks like tundra from air, which isn't best thing to compare size to

Sharks for example attack people mostly because they mistake us for seals, and last time i checked human and seal are not exactly same size
+ 10 fr time
Any pronouns
I am often a huge idiot
I apologize if I sound rude
not native speaker, english is hard
76914149_ZoqtgzM6biIYLbE.png
wishlist
I like D&D
i'll make this better soon
I do a lot of reading about familiar lore, so maybe I can shed some light on this. First, this is true: [quote name="Kryptica" date="2019-06-28 05:12:56" ] I mean, it says it looks like tundra from air, which isn't best thing to compare size to [/quote] Second, coli sizes are not to scale; a Fae is the same size as an Imperial, and a sparrowmouse is almost the same size as a roc. Here's some item descriptions that help as well: [item=Primrose Mith][item=Florist's Satchel] (The satchel is in the art of the mith, allowing a comparison, and it is described as too small for a dragon to use.) [item=Sentinel Mith][item=Sentinel Armor] (Same thing here. It says "too small for [u]most[/u] dragons"... that probably means Fae and Spirals, the smallest breeds, would have the best chance of fitting. This tells us more about the scale of a mith.)
I do a lot of reading about familiar lore, so maybe I can shed some light on this.
First, this is true:
Kryptica wrote on 2019-06-28 05:12:56:

Second, coli sizes are not to scale; a Fae is the same size as an Imperial, and a sparrowmouse is almost the same size as a roc.

Here's some item descriptions that help as well:
Primrose Mith Florist's Satchel (The satchel is in the art of the mith, allowing a comparison, and it is described as too small for a dragon to use.)
Sentinel Mith Sentinel Armor (Same thing here. It says "too small for most dragons"... that probably means Fae and Spirals, the smallest breeds, would have the best chance of fitting. This tells us more about the scale of a mith.)