Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you think we'll get a new mask...
1 2
@LaskaEira
Realistically they won't be finished with the things they need to get to before they can even start adventure mode again within the remaining lifespan of the site though. It's effectively caught in development hell, which is basically cancellation without the benefit of closure.
And just for practicality alone they'll have to put off all new breed releases until after they're finished revamping all the old apparel they want to revamp, which depending on how much of it they want to redo could easily take another few years on it's own. Even if there ever is a new breed, realistically and especially with all the other things they're focusing on at the moment (new map, ect) i don't see us getting it for another 2 or 3 years, and i feel like even optimistically the next hypothetical breed or the one after it will be the last. Even with it's current success i don't see fr lasting any more than another 5-8 years, and that's just not enough time for regular new content alongside everything AND the map update AND the apparel revamps AND the full site rewrite AND adventure mode AND more than two new breeds which always take years to come out and the length of time between them increases significantly with each one. Hell, when bogsneaks came out a ton of things STILL didn't work on them, which suggests even with the however-many-years-it-was that had passed they were still rushed to release months early. Unless the number of people they hired for that breed art position was in the double digits, i don't see it speeding up very much.

Absolute best-case ideal scenario, i think we might get one mid-to-late next year. But i still don't think there's a chance of seeing more than one after that.
@LaskaEira
Realistically they won't be finished with the things they need to get to before they can even start adventure mode again within the remaining lifespan of the site though. It's effectively caught in development hell, which is basically cancellation without the benefit of closure.
And just for practicality alone they'll have to put off all new breed releases until after they're finished revamping all the old apparel they want to revamp, which depending on how much of it they want to redo could easily take another few years on it's own. Even if there ever is a new breed, realistically and especially with all the other things they're focusing on at the moment (new map, ect) i don't see us getting it for another 2 or 3 years, and i feel like even optimistically the next hypothetical breed or the one after it will be the last. Even with it's current success i don't see fr lasting any more than another 5-8 years, and that's just not enough time for regular new content alongside everything AND the map update AND the apparel revamps AND the full site rewrite AND adventure mode AND more than two new breeds which always take years to come out and the length of time between them increases significantly with each one. Hell, when bogsneaks came out a ton of things STILL didn't work on them, which suggests even with the however-many-years-it-was that had passed they were still rushed to release months early. Unless the number of people they hired for that breed art position was in the double digits, i don't see it speeding up very much.

Absolute best-case ideal scenario, i think we might get one mid-to-late next year. But i still don't think there's a chance of seeing more than one after that.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
@Ragnarok42

We can't know for sure that no work in being done on adventure mode. They don't like to tell us things until they're pretty close to release, if they tell us at all (eye update). Staff have never left us hyped for something that isn't going to happen. They said they'd tell us if anything got scrapped and as far as I'm concerned, there's no reason not to believe them.
They don't need to revamp all the apparel first, we got bogsneaks before the bow and flower set redos.
For new breed development, once the template is done they're added into the list for all genes/apparel being worked on so they can continue to release that kind of content without it piling up for the new breeds.
The site rewrite is nearly done iirc. Either way, that's an issue for the coders, not the artists.

The site has been around for a little under 6 years and in that time we've had 4 new breeds. That's pretty good for new breed releases imo. I'm sorry you have such a poor look on the sites lifespan though.
@Ragnarok42

We can't know for sure that no work in being done on adventure mode. They don't like to tell us things until they're pretty close to release, if they tell us at all (eye update). Staff have never left us hyped for something that isn't going to happen. They said they'd tell us if anything got scrapped and as far as I'm concerned, there's no reason not to believe them.
They don't need to revamp all the apparel first, we got bogsneaks before the bow and flower set redos.
For new breed development, once the template is done they're added into the list for all genes/apparel being worked on so they can continue to release that kind of content without it piling up for the new breeds.
The site rewrite is nearly done iirc. Either way, that's an issue for the coders, not the artists.

The site has been around for a little under 6 years and in that time we've had 4 new breeds. That's pretty good for new breed releases imo. I'm sorry you have such a poor look on the sites lifespan though.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
1 2